The Bank (scrimmage edition)

View as article
Advertisement
George will be in the mix all year. Young further to go, more of a big body than a game breaker.

I still like Brinson and George as the best overall talents. But they need to prove it on the field.
Thank @DMoney

The only reason I ask about Young is that one of the Canes YouTubers I think it was Holsom Holloway said that Young ran a sub 4.3 which I never believed but still. Thanks again.

-I appreciate the info from everyone on this board. If you get a chance, can you please update Brashard Smith's involvement and/or development thus far. I understand no news isn't necessarily bad news (and my not hearing about him obviously doesn't mean that he hasn't been mentioned), but I recall hearing about his break out and big play ability, with a view towards designing plays to get him the ball in space several months back... and haven't heard about him since. I hope he's doing well (no injuries, setbacks, etc.); was just wondering how his integration into the new staff's offense is going as the seasons nears; thanks.

George will be in the mix all year. Young further to go, more of a big body than a game breaker.

I still like Brinson and George as the best overall talents. But they need to prove it on the field.
Is George suspended first 2 games or is that unsubstantiated rumor?

Advertisement
George just strikes me as a guy who shows up in games and is a natural. I still think he ends up with the most yards this year.
I said about 9 months ago that I had a comparison for Jacolby George but that I didnt want to say it. I'll say it now. George reminds me so much of Reggie Wayne. Similar height and build with compatible speed and they both just have a natural ability to get open. There. I said it.

I said about 9 months ago that I had a comparison for Jacolby George but that I didnt want to say it. I'll say it now. George reminds me so much of Reggie Wayne. Similar height and build with compatible speed and they both just have a natural ability to get open. There. I said it.

Exactly the dude who comes to mind for me, too.

I hope he balls out but what’s the obsession with B. Smith on this board? You‘d think he’s a Santa Moss/Devin Hester clone the way people talk about him. He has decent speed and below average hands, dude has a long way to go before he becomes an impact player.

Advertisement
Still don’t get the Rambo decision. UDFA (not surprised) leaving after sophomore season. New staff. TVD returning. Back to back 1k seasons would’ve helped. As is, 53 man is a coin toss at best. I digress
He didn't get drafted based off of measurables/Athleticism. So staying another year wasn't changing his fortune. Choosing to try to get paid off a great season especially with a little Rambo to take care of probably made the most sense to him and I can't say I disagree.

Advertisement
@DMoney do you think we have a real shot at beating Texas A&M or Clemson with this current team and who do you think starts at defensive end?

We can beat any team with TVD and hopefully a good defensive line. How many times out of ten? Maybe less than five, but we can do it.

Defensive end is going to be heavy rotation. Starting won’t be as important. Mesidor, Agude, Harvey and Chantz will definitely be in the mix. Roberts and Kelly are making a strong push as well.

Seems like we are one OL injury away from a bad situation.

A healthy Zion gives us 7. That is the minimum IF no one gets injured.

OL will still be an issue, which is to be expected.

Would like to hear more about the CBs if anyone has info.

Advertisement
I hope he balls out but what’s the obsession with B. Smith on this board? You‘d think he’s a Santa Moss/Devin Hester clone the way people talk about him. He has decent speed and below average hands, dude has a long way to go before he becomes an impact player.
During his recruitment he was sold as a gamebreaker speed demon impact player type, when questioned about his speed or track times there was a lot of pushback as he was a must get in battle with UF. Lots of talk of 4.3 speed and such.. Hopefully he shows something, missing on those types hurt our offense overall.. Players who were in his commitment post, Kevin Williams, Phillip Dorsett, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin, etc.

From his commitment post:
The Player

On film, Smith is an electric speed demon that’s a threat to score every time he touches the ball, as shown by his 13 TD’s on 36 catches in 2019. Slot dynamo with impressive breakaway speed in the open field when he turns on the jets. Top-notch acceleration that can go from 0-60 in a hurry. Remarkable stop-start ability. Creates separation with ease to give himself (and his QB) space to go to work, and is also a danger in the screen game. Incredible concentration and hands that can reel in most anything in his vicinity. Despite a smaller frame, tough runner through contact, sports great balance, and does not go down easily. Continuing to improve his route running would really take his game to the next level. Offers a body type that is muscularly developed and near-ready for the college level. Will be a fun instrument for Rhett Lashlee to utilize in his scheme and Smith’s style of play is pretty much a must for any spread offense.

As a junior in 2019, Smith put up 36 catches for 628 yards and 13 TD’s on his way to first team All-Dade; added a kick return TD on special teams as well. Recorded a 4.34 shuttle time and 29.50 inch vertical in testing at the Opening Miami Regional in February 2019. Has been clocked in the 4.4 40-yard dash range in the past.

Last edited:
This feels like 2016 Miami or 2018 Oregon to me. Established QB, holes that need to be filled in recruiting.

We will be better but I look for the big leap in Year 2.
Really hoping for a repeat of 2017. Restrepo seems like he can fill that Barrios 3rd down conversion role and the depth at Dline reminds me of the 2017 group.

We can beat any team with TVD and hopefully a good defensive line. How many times out of ten? Maybe less than five, but we can do it.

Defensive end is going to be heavy rotation. Starting won’t be as important. Mesidor, Agude, Harvey and Chantz will definitely be in the mix. Roberts and Kelly are making a strong push as well.
I had high hopes for Redding. He is a legit look like Tarzan WR. Chances he can stop dropping the ball and become a factor?

This is where Mario comes in. You see, our HC is smarter than your average bear. Addae stays for 2 seasons and in the meantime Mario is observing the situation up in Gainesville. You see, Mario knows that Corey Raymond should be getting fed up with G5 Billy and that amateur hour at UF. Addae leaves and Mario gets Raymond.
I assumed with Steele and Strong up there in age and how they could retire or leave for another opportunity, why not let Addae run the D

Advertisement
Back