The Bank (scrimmage edition)

View as article
Advertisement
I’ve heard a few times from inside the building that T-Rob wasn’t as good a coach as billed.

I have a hard time believing that, since the minute he put his name in the hat, he ended up at Bama under Sabag and is back to reeling in 5* kids.

I now wonder if there really is some truth to this, since post Robinson, the DB’s are really stepping up.

Any thoughts here @DMoney?

Advertisement
I’ve heard a few times from inside the building that T-Rob wasn’t as good a coach as billed.

I have a hard time believing that, since the minute he put his name in the hat, he ended up at Bama under Sabag and is back to reeling in 5* kids.

I now wonder if there really is some truth to this, since post Robinson, the DB’s are really stepping up.

Any thoughts here @DMoney?

Heard the same from coaches who have watched our film.

It’s hard to evaluate coaches in a vacuum (a lot goes into on-field performance) but the DBs regressed mightily and were the biggest reason we struggled so bad tackling.

So far in practice, they look much improved under Addae. The real test will be games.

Recruiting is a different story. TRob is the best.

Advertisement
Will there be any info released on injuries? Citizen has some kind of knee injury (hopefully hyperextension), anyone else get nicked?

Advertisement
So:

- No serious injuries, one minor one.

- First team OL, even without Zion, isn’t dead meat. Work in progress sure, but not five walking headstones.

- DL is going to be the deepest in a decade, maybe longer. No more hanging on for dear life once the studs rotate out. Everyone will actually eat.

- TVD can still throw the ball, despite concerns Gattis was going to amputate his arm. And he can throw in a moving pocket (which I’m curious to see how often this is intentionally done).

- I am glad to see Knighton staking out the top spot. Kid has so much talent was used like a Ferrari trying to haul cement bricks last year once everyone else went down.

- WR development is TBD, but showing some promise. I doubt anyone is where Rambo was at this stage of camp, but Rambo took several weeks to show up. In fact Key looked better through the first several games than Bo did.

- LBs have to prove it to me but it just makes football sense that less porous DL play will make them all better. Trickle down economics of football. Same with DBs.

Alright, I guess we should play the season after all.

The SEC has been the best conference in football for 15 years because they have the biggest and most athletic DL.

That’s just reality.
They've been the best because they've had talent all over, and they poured resources into football, and cheated to buy recruits.

In the NFL only 3 of the top 15 DT's are from the SEC.

Clemson has 3 by themselves. So maybe Moten looks like a Clemson DT. 😂

Heard the same from coaches who have watched our film.

It’s hard to evaluate coaches in a vacuum (a lot goes into on-field performance) but the DBs regressed mightily and were the biggest reason we struggled so bad tackling.

So far in practice, they look much improved under Addae. The real test will be games.

Recruiting is a different story. TRob is the best.

Thank you @DMoney.

I haven’t made it out to practice just yet this Summer, but I did make it out to one in the Spring and they drilling a lot of real rudimentary stuff like trail techniques.

Advertisement
They've been the best because they've had talent all over, and they poured resources into football, and cheated to buy recruits.

In the NFL only 3 of the top 15 DT's are from the SEC.

Clemson has 3 by themselves. So maybe Moten looks like a Clemson DT. 😂

It’s the depth. Those teams have ten DL who look the part.

The biggest bag battles are for DL and the SEC has historically won those battles.

Good reporting as always! O line and linebacker sound concerning, but it is what it is and has been addressed in recruiting. Physicality in general being up is music to my ears. We played flag football last year.

Tough cognitive dissonance happening with the Leonard Taylor situation. He showed a few flashes when he played but I don’t think I’ve ever heard him mentioned standing out a single time in any practice ever. Alarm bells going off there. By now we should have seen something.

Advertisement
Back