The Bank (scrimmage edition)

View as article
I assumed with Steele and Strong up there in age and how they could retire or leave for another opportunity, why not let Addae run the D
No. Miami isn't the place to be a brand new DC. When he proves himself elsewhere as a DC then he will be welcomed back someday in the future. Mario isn't ******** around. I say this even having the utmost respect for Addae. That just isn't how things are done in Miami anymore.

Advertisement
Wanted to dislike for the "SEC" type DT.

I mean WTF is that?

A Vandy DT? A Miss St DT? A South Carolina DT? Tennessee DT?

Or you mean like Alabama and UGA?

I mean who needs to recruit at places like UF, when you have SEC slurpers on Miami sites like DMoney and Gaby?

😂😂
More like a Missouri DT

I’ve heard a few times from inside the building that T-Rob wasn’t as good a coach as billed.

I have a hard time believing that, since the minute he put his name in the hat, he ended up at Bama under Sabag and is back to reeling in 5* kids.

I now wonder if there really is some truth to this, since post Robinson, the DB’s are really stepping up.

Any thoughts here @DMoney?
I could coach up 5* alabama dbs and make em look great

You know I'm busting your b*lls here, but like who has a better DL this year?

Miami or Miss St?
Miami or Ole Miss?
Miami or Kentucky?
Miami or Vandy?
Miami or UF?
Miami or Tennessee?

So on and on. Clemson DL would be the best in the SEC this year.

I get your point, but that term irritates me.

Like when Gaby gets on his pod and says Citzen is a SEC caliber RB.

I'm like no he is a Miami caliber RB.

You know the program that has 2 RB's in the top 12 all time leading NFL rushers, and 2 future hall of famers.

If you want to say he is an Alabama like something ok I can accept that ha. Maybe even Georgia now since Kirby has had his boosters pay for a top shelf roster.
Ain't texas am DL pretty good

Advertisement
Nice writeup. Brinson is my pick for the breakout WR. Where’s Bradhard? Hands issues still?

Rivers is going to be special. So happy he’s back healthy. Nelson, Rivers and Scaife habe shown they can play. Even Clark. If Campbell lives up to his hype, we’re going to have a good starting OL

I knew Roberts had it in him. Fingers crossed he take that next step. I still think the guy to watch on the DL is Jackson. He could be elite.

He didn't get drafted based off of measurables/Athleticism. So staying another year wasn't changing his fortune. Choosing to try to get paid off a great season especially with a little Rambo to take care of probably made the most sense to him and I can't say I disagree.
I do agree that his ceiling is limited.. but that’s all the more reason to have production on tape. I didn’t realize he was a father. That makes more sense.

I do think he could have improved his status though. His knocks were inconsistent hands & strength/getting jammed at the line. Could’ve improved both.

I do agree that his ceiling is limited.. but that’s all the more reason to have production on tape. I didn’t realize he was a father. That makes more sense.

I do think he could have improved his status though. His knocks were inconsistent hands & strength/getting jammed at the line. Could’ve improved both.
I think your original take was spot on. The "trying to get paid" stuff even makes less sense now with Ruiz and whatever other stuff we got cookin with NIL.

Fans too often downplay just how much all the free food, clothes, healthcare, living expenses, apartment & etc are worth.

His athleticism/speed obviously wasn't changing much, but plenty of non combine stars get drafted (Renfrow) by having a lot of production on tape over the course of 2-3+ years

Advertisement
No need for alarm bells on Taylor. He started and did his thing. I like the progress for a second-year player at an age position.
Will we be able to get rivers and Nelson at tackle at some point this season with Campbell and scaife at guard and Clarke at center I think that’s our best bet at a solid offensive line

The SEC has been the best conference in football for 15 years because they have the biggest and most athletic DL.

That’s just reality.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

I don't necessarily disagree. Just wanted to point out other factors. Because I do think we as fans over simplify these decisions sometimes. I know I definitely have and still do at times lol. Either way we'll miss Rambo for sure

The good news seems to be that the defense is strong.
The cause for concern is the WR room. Rambo left a big void and Harley a medium-sized void, and no one has stepped up to fill those. We can all identify who should be filling those voids, but we've not heard that anyone consistently is. Rambo last year was Debo-ing contested catches in clutch situations. I don't know who does that for us this year. Other than that, the team sounds solid.

Advertisement
Good reporting as always! O line and linebacker sound concerning, but it is what it is and has been addressed in recruiting. Physicality in general being up is music to my ears. We played flag football last year.

Tough cognitive dissonance happening with the Leonard Taylor situation. He showed a few flashes when he played but I don’t think I’ve ever heard him mentioned standing out a single time in any practice ever. Alarm bells going off there. By now we should have seen something.
A couple practices during the spring he dominated. I remember one drive he had like a sack and 2 tfls

Advertisement
The Bank is open on Sundays. Below is a position-by-position deep dive on yesterday's scrimmage based on numerous conversations with sources.

LB

"Good overall day behind a destructive DL. Waynmon Steed and Corey Flagg started and showed strong instincts.

Sooo #11 hasnt transferred yet? UGHH.,, for sure we are going 15-0! Carry on,.

Advertisement
Back