The Bank (8/15) (Recruiting Edition)

Advertisement
Man I get it we can’t win 5 games but NILs impact is greater than the impact of winning. Auburn sucks, Florida sucks, Missouri sucks, Texas A&M sucks, Oklahoma sucks and they are all making recruiting moves in 2024 already without the on field product.
All of those teams have had more recent success than Miami besides Missouri who's class is miles behind ours. Recruits are literally telling media members that they want to see how Miami looks on the field this year.

Advertisement
No mentions of being quiet confident.....
Excited Come On GIF by MLB

Man I get it we can’t win 5 games but NILs impact is greater than the impact of winning. Auburn sucks, Florida sucks, Missouri sucks, Texas A&M sucks, Oklahoma sucks and they are all making recruiting moves in 2024 already without the on field product.
The difference between us and all of those teams mentioned? They’ve won at a high level with some consistency for the last 20 years, excluding Missouri. But they’re still SEC and that means SEC money, which we don’t have. High profile kids are usually winners. Winners want to play with winners.

I'm back from vacation and still getting my legs under me. But here is the latest. For convenience, I've separated the team scoop (available here) from the recruiting scoop. This is the latest:

- There are five recruits to focus on as we go through August- DT David Stone, DT Kamarion Franklin, S Zaquon Patterson, CB Zavier Mincey and IOL Eddie Pierre-Louis. Quick updates on each below:

- It is a slugfest for DT Kamarion Franklin (Memphis). Auburn took the upper hand last week, as we saw with some of the news coming out of the Plains. Miami has punched back and now has momentum. Still time before decision day. I know some get frustrated with these types of updates, but that is recruiting in 2023. Punches and counterpunches.

- Same goes for DT David Stone (IMG). He is a huge, huge priority and Miami is pressing hard. The family remains in our corner.

- Miami remains confident in S Zaquan Patterson (Chaminade) but that is another battle. The biggest factor here is his mother, who wants Miami.

- There is mutual interest between Miami and CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) and, as reported last month, the UF crystal balls were way premature. However, the rumors of his imminent commitment did not come from Miami. They are continuing to work here.

- Things are progressing well between IOL Eddie Pierre-Louis (Tampa) and Miami. His recruiting is harder to read but it is possible that things heat up in the next couple weeks.

- As first reported in the Bank in over a month ago, Miami never gave up on DE Elias Rudolph (Cincinnati). His flip to Miami was not a surprise behind the scenes, and Miami believes he has one of the highest upsides in the DL group.

- The bottom line I am getting from Miami? We need to win. The on-field product is going to be more important as we move past the honeymoon class. Momentum is a real thing, and there is still plenty of time on the clock. Remember, some of the guys showing out on Greentree now (Fletcher, Bain, Samson) were late additions. Miami continues to work on numerous committed kids behind the scenes, and will keep trying to lay the groundwork for a strong finish.

Need to beat A&M it would be a huge win on the field and in recruiting early in the season. A loss to them and things can spiral. I’m calling it a must win.

Advertisement
Nuance with each situation being different than the other. As it pertains to us, we can’t even point to a moral victory last year. We didn’t suck, UF sucked, we were the worst. Utter collapse.

Need to beat A&M it would be a huge win on the field and in recruiting early in the season. A loss to them and things can spiral. I’m calling it a must win.

There’s 4 games on the schedule that are extremely important to the season. You need to win at least 2 of them and the first 2 are the most winnable imo. That would also set us up for potential 6-0 going into Clemson if we can accomplish that… it would build huge momentum.

Fsu and Clemson you need to be competitive, and not get blown out, even if you lose

1.A&M
2.UNC
3.FSU
4.Clemson

Advertisement
100 percent. No recruit looks at Miami and Oklahoma the same because both had a bad year last year. Oklahoma won 6 Big 12 titles in a row (2015 - 2020) and made numerous Playoff appearances. They are viewed as one (or two) tiers up from us . . . and it's hard to argue with that perception.
It's not just perception, it's facts.

@DMoney Can you please answer this. It boggles my mind as well.
@DMoney Can you please answer this. It boggles my mind as well.

This is so easy to understand.

There are two components to this:

1. Massive difference in alumni population and dedication

2. Big difference in actual player experience on campus.

UFag has an enrollment of over 60,000. Auburn has an enrollment of 30,000. Miami’s is 17,000. Spread out over 30-40+ years, this creates a MASSIVE difference in alumni population. Plus, Miami has a large population of international students who aren’t interested in football, so that lowers the number of potential contributors even more. The pool of money for fundraisers is much smaller and we have to rely more on the deep pocketed boosters much more than a large state school.

Miami doesn’t have the same traits as a large football crazy state school. Whether it be noteriety, facilities, game attendance, and so on, Miami has very unique strengths to sell recruits that are different from our competitors. Winning is what helps us sell our advantages to recruits to mitigate our disadvantages.

We have to stop crying and comparing ourselves to state schools that we will NEVER, EVER be. Winning and getting guys drafted is the equalizer that makes us equally or even more attractive to recruits than our competitors.

The real damage Ruiz did was have this fanbase thinking that someone else was going to pay for their national championship dreams. If just 50,000 fans put up a measly $20 a month, that is $12,000,000 dollars a year for NIL on top of what the wealthy boosters are already putting up!

$0.67 a day. Is $0.67 a day too much for Miami fans to pay to see wins on Saturdays and get trophies in the case? We are in the bag game and nobody can punish us for it. It’s time to put up or shut up. Let’s close our mouths and open our wallets. ( Not calling you out. Just speaking in general.)

Advertisement
Not a record prediction but if Texas A&M hasn't fixed that run defense, long day.....for them. We had no passing attack and was gashing them consistently. They changed offense but that defense scheme i think is the same
I don’t know much about A&M but that 2022 class was the most absurd DL class I’ve ever seen

Gotta think some of those guys should be stepping up now yeah?

Advertisement
Back