The Bank (8/15) (Recruiting Edition)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I'm back from vacation and still getting my legs under me. But here is the latest. For convenience, I've separated the team scoop (available here) from the recruiting scoop. This is the latest:

- There are five recruits to focus on as we go through August- DT David Stone, DT Kamarion Franklin, S Zaquon Patterson, CB Zavier Mincey and IOL Eddie Pierre-Louis. Quick updates on each below:

- It is a slugfest for DT Kamarion Franklin (Memphis). Auburn took the upper hand last week, as we saw with some of the news coming out of the Plains. Miami has punched back and now has momentum. Still time before decision day. I know some get frustrated with these types of updates, but that is recruiting in 2023. Punches and counterpunches.

- Same goes for DT David Stone (IMG). He is a huge, huge priority and Miami is pressing hard. The family remains in our corner.

- Miami remains confident in S Zaquan Patterson (Chaminade) but that is another battle. The biggest factor here is his mother, who wants Miami.

- There is mutual interest between Miami and CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) and, as reported last month, the UF crystal balls were way premature. However, the rumors of his imminent commitment did not come from Miami. They are continuing to work here.

- Things are progressing well between IOL Eddie Pierre-Louis (Tampa) and Miami. His recruiting is harder to read but it is possible that things heat up in the next couple weeks.

- As first reported in the Bank in over a month ago, Miami never gave up on DE Elias Rudolph (Cincinnati). His flip to Miami was not a surprise behind the scenes, and Miami believes he has one of the highest upsides in the DL group.

- The bottom line I am getting from Miami? We need to win. The on-field product is going to be more important as we move past the honeymoon class. Momentum is a real thing, and there is still plenty of time on the clock. Remember, some of the guys showing out on Greentree now (Fletcher, Bain, Samson) were late additions. Miami continues to work on numerous committed kids behind the scenes, and will keep trying to lay the groundwork for a strong finish.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm back from vacation and still getting my legs under me. But here is the latest. For convenience, I've separated the team scoop (available here) from the recruiting scoop. This is the latest:

- There are five recruits to focus on as we go through August- DT David Stone, DT Kamarion Franklin, S Zaquon Patterson, CB Zavier Mincey and IOL Eddie Pierre-Louis. Quick updates on each below:

- It is a slugfest for DT Kamarion Franklin (Memphis). Auburn took the upper hand last week, as we saw with some of the news coming out of the Plains. Miami has punched back and now has momentum. Still time before decision day. I know some get frustrated with these types of updates, but that is recruiting in 2023. Punches and counterpunches.

- Same goes for DT David Stone (IMG). He is a huge, huge priority and Miami is pressing hard. The family remains in our corner.

- Miami remains confident in S Zaquan Patterson (Chaminade) but that is another battle. The biggest factor here is his mother, who wants Miami.

- There is mutual interest between Miami and CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) and, as reported last month, the UF crystal balls were way premature. However, the rumors of his imminent commitment did not come from Miami. They are continuing to work here.

- Things are progressing well between IOL Eddie Pierre-Louis (Tampa) and Miami. His recruiting is harder to read but it is possible that things heat up in the next couple weeks.

- As first reported in the Bank in over a month ago, Miami never gave up on DE Elias Rudolph (Cincinnati). His flip to Miami was not a surprise behind the scenes, and Miami believes he has one of the highest upsides in the DL group.

- The bottom line I am getting from Miami? We need to win. The on-field product is going to be more important as we move past the honeymoon class. Momentum is a real thing, and there is still plenty of time on the clock. Remember, some of the guys showing out on Greentree now (Fletcher, Bain, Samson) were late additions. Miami continues to work on numerous committed kids behind the scenes, and will keep trying to lay the groundwork for a strong finish.
D...what are you hearing (or your speculation) is the numbrr of Ws "needed"?

7+, 8+, 9+?

Maybe less wins but show real signs of life and "just one play away" from beating AtM, UNC, and Clemson??

Thanks for update @DMoney. These are 5 huge targets. Any predictions or odds on which ones we land? We need one of Franklin or Stone. I had given up hope on Franklin based on what was being said about him probably not coming here.

Advertisement
Man I get it we can’t win 5 games but NILs impact is greater than the impact of winning. Auburn sucks, Florida sucks, Missouri sucks, Texas A&M sucks, Oklahoma sucks and they are all making recruiting moves in 2024 already without the on field product.
@DMoney Can you please answer this. It boggles my mind as well.

Advertisement
One thing I’ll add to recruiting is last year during the season a lot of new names emerged seemingly out of nowhere

We ultimately didn’t get much traction with many of them in the end probably because the season was such a disaster

Recruiting has been disappointing but same time I feel like Mario’s board is about 10x the size of the last few coaching staffs here. We’ve missed a lot, but there’s still a lot left

🤞🏼 for the kind of season we need

We've been bad for two decades. Most of those teams have recent relevant wins. Missouri has the 55th ranked class.
100 percent. No recruit looks at Miami and Oklahoma the same because both had a bad year last year. Oklahoma won 6 Big 12 titles in a row (2015 - 2020) and made numerous Playoff appearances. They are viewed as one (or two) tiers up from us . . . and it's hard to argue with that perception.

Seems like a lot of these guys miami felt good about on previous updates is now Miami is in a battle and usually that has turned into "miami was so close but just missed". Hopefully they can win a couple of these battles down the stretch. Who is the biggest comp for Patterson? Auburn? Really want him in this class. Safety could be looking mighty thin next yr if kinchens and Jwill leave

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back