The Bank (8/15) (Camp Edition)

View as article
Advertisement
They are, but if he is as advertised no way in **** he is here for 6 years. TF last year took a shirt so he has 4 years to play, even if he only gets a few touches at the end of this year no way he stays 4 more after that to make a medical redshirt necessary.
That may be, especially as a RB. I was more interested in if he was held out for the full upcoming season would he keep any eligibility in the bank? Would he be a sophomore or junior in 2024? He needs to show at least two seasons of film and stay healthy.

As the season went on, Kaaya got more comfortable with the blitzes and stacked boxes! In the FSU games, they tried to blitzs and stack the box against Kaaya in the 1st half in that 2014 game. Kaaya carved them up with big plays to Dorsett, Wofford and Watters. The 2nd half FSU basically said let Duke run the ball and make freshman Kaaya read the zone. Well, he was slower at reading the zone because, well, he was freshman. They sacked him multiple times in that 2014 and FSU came back from being down 17 to win the game. In the 2015 game with Kaaya as a sophomore, with Duke gone and 4 of the starting Oline gone, Miami couldn't run the ball on anybody let alone FSU. Kaaya had his best game as Cane and one of the best QB performances by a Cane QB against FSU. Kaaya had no running game! Miami ran for like 30 yards on 28 carries. FSU had to good DE. They didn't fear Miami running game. They didn't have to stack the box. They just played coverage to let their DE get back on Kaaya. They had tremendous pressures and 4 sacks in that game. However, Kaaya had 407 yards, 3TD and no TO in spite of the pressure. Kaaya was throwing dimes to Stacy Coley, Herb Watters and Rashawn Scott! They where killing FSU secondary. If they had any kind of running just to give Kaaya a break from the FSU pass rush, Miam wins that game. Mind you, those 2014 and 2015 FSU teams were loaded with talent!
I remember bro. That one where we had a 17 point lead at hard rock hurt my soul. Those games were lost by No D inability to make a critical stop.

That may be, especially as a RB. I was more interested in if he was held out for the full upcoming season would he keep any eligibility in the bank? Would he be a sophomore or junior in 2024? He needs to show at least two seasons of film and stay healthy.
Without anything else he would be a RS Soph next year, he is a RS Fresh this year. I agree he needs two seasons but if he blows up next year I could see him dipping. RB's have a short shelf life in the NFL. Once you hit 30 unless your name is Frank Gore you have a younger wave coming behind you. Basically I dont see how we keep him for 4 years now in any scenario.

Is he on the Anez Cooper trajectory of "Tackle first, but maybe slide inside to Guard?" Would love for Tinsler to be ready to compete for a starting spot at G next season.

Samson/Mccoy/Broussard
Rivers/Kinsler
Who the **** knows, **** you Connor Lew, maybe play Rivers or Mccoy there/Nino
Cooper/Logan/Minaya
Mauigoa/Tinilau/Plazz
My questions are A will Zion start next year if he doesn’t play enough to get drafted this year.

B if Rivers has a draft like year at LT and or moved to G will he be back?

C) speaking of C, Has there been any word on Antonio Tripp?

Advertisement
Im ready boysssss
cc @Memnon

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

#koolaidszn #mybodyisready

NINE WIN FLOOR *****ESSS

My questions are A will Zion start next year if he doesn’t play enough to get drafted this year.

B if Rivers has a draft like year at LT and or moved to G will he be back?

C) speaking of C, Has there been any word on Antonio Tripp?
I forgot about Tripp. Haven’t heard anything about him.

As for Zion, I get the feeling we’re not that far from Samson being our LT. If Zion doesn’t play and grab a hold of it this year, not sure there will be a tackle spot available for him.

One zillion percent. There are 7 layups on this schedule. Cue the masses telling me we can’t make layups. I got it. But a good staff wins those. If we have a good staff, we win those. 8 wins is the absolute floor, and would be a disappointment imo. The ACC is almost a Go5 league. It’s god awful. Winning 9 should be the only expectation.

Bethune
Miami (OH)
Temple
GT
Louisville
UVA
Boston College

All those teams are ******* atrocious, except for Louisville, who is just bad. Not comically awful. You can’t lose to anyone on that list if you’re a good staph.

Win those, and get 1 more out of the other 5. Less than that, we have MAJOR problems.

Last edited:
Is he on the Anez Cooper trajectory of "Tackle first, but maybe slide inside to Guard?" Would love for Tinsler to be ready to compete for a starting spot at G next season.

Samson/Mccoy/Broussard
Rivers/Kinsler
Who the **** knows, **** you Connor Lew, maybe play Rivers or Mccoy there/Nino
Cooper/Logan/Minaya
Mauigoa/Tinilau/Plazz

Losing Lew did really hurt, but equally painful was losing that JUCO kid Wiggins to Arkansas. Supposedly he is flashing in camp for them. He probably would have been the starting C here the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Without anything else he would be a RS Soph next year, he is a RS Fresh this year. I agree he needs two seasons but if he blows up next year I could see him dipping. RB's have a short shelf life in the NFL. Once you hit 30 unless your name is Frank Gore you have a younger wave coming behind you. Basically I dont see how we keep him for 4 years now in any scenario.
To be honest, I‘m not sure we’ll keep him period.

Advertisement
They are compared to last year. Run D is a concern for this year vs some of the better teams on the schedule.

This is bull**** (nothing personal, just saying). Run defense is scheme and want-to. If you told me we play Wisconsin 12 times, maybe I buy this. But we don’t. Our kids can hold up against this trash juice ACC schedule.

Marshall had the #4 run defense in the country last year by YPG allowed and YPC allowed. They were e-leet against the run. Were they some massive front that couldn’t get pushed around?

They gave up 131 yards on 37 attempts against Notre Dame. 3.51 yards a carry. I think Marshall was slightly undersized up front compared to Notre Dame.

Georgia State ran for over 2500 yards as a team last year. They had 4 different kids that ran for over 450 yards. Against Marshall, they had 42 carries for 62 yards LOL.

Scout what the opposing team likes to do in the run game and fill holes with bodies. I’m not worried in the least bit about the season going in the ******* because we line up 7 in the box and just get washed out by Georgia Tech and UNC and NC State and Louisville. Come on. I wish we had 1 massive space eater inside too. But if the health cooperates, I’m not running and hiding from the run defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Guys, I’ve said since last year I don’t think Zion plays another down at Miami. That was mostly reading tea leaves and making a judgement on the little bit of info I get.

It feels extremely similar to Karson Ligon with the baseball team.
i agree episode 2 GIF by Star Wars

As the season went on, Kaaya got more comfortable with the blitzes and stacked boxes! In the FSU games, they tried to blitzs and stack the box against Kaaya in the 1st half in that 2014 game. Kaaya carved them up with big plays to Dorsett, Wofford and Watters. The 2nd half FSU basically said let Duke run the ball and make freshman Kaaya read the zone. Well, he was slower at reading the zone because, well, he was freshman. They sacked him multiple times in that 2014 and FSU came back from being down 17 to win the game. In the 2015 game with Kaaya as a sophomore, with Duke gone and 4 of the starting Oline gone, Miami couldn't run the ball on anybody let alone FSU. Kaaya had his best game as Cane and one of the best QB performances by a Cane QB against FSU. Kaaya had no running game! Miami ran for like 30 yards on 28 carries. FSU had to good DE. They didn't fear Miami running game. They didn't have to stack the box. They just played coverage to let their DE get back on Kaaya. They had tremendous pressures and 4 sacks in that game. However, Kaaya had 407 yards, 3TD and no TO in spite of the pressure. Kaaya was throwing dimes to Stacy Coley, Herb Watters and Rashawn Scott! They where killing FSU secondary. If they had any kind of running just to give Kaaya a break from the FSU pass rush, Miam wins that game. Mind you, those 2014 and 2015 FSU teams were loaded with talent!
I know Stacey Coley didn’t have the legendary career here we hoped for, but he always brought his best game when we played FSU. He played like a man possessed against then every year. Not just with stats but his intensity level on every play was amazing to watch

Advertisement
Back