The Bank (8/15) (Camp Edition)

View as article
So to Recap…2022 Vs 2023

OC - HUGE upgrade
DC - big upgrade

QB - More consistent due to OC
RB - Better size/depth (4 quality starters)
TE - more versatility/better depth
WR - More depth/consistency (better scheme too)
OL - massive upgrade in: Size/Depth/maturity/talent

DE - Big time Upgrade/better depth
DT - similar depth as last year but more maturity
LB - More depth/talent/speed
CB - Better Talent but still questions
S - same as last year except with more improvement

K - Equal if not better due to maturity
P - most likely a downgrade due to Hedley being a top Punter

after this Saturdays scrimmage will tell us a lot but I wasn’t kidding when I said this’ll be like a 2021 Lashlee Offense with a better Run game (and a much more elite OL) and a 2017/2018 Manny Diaz Defense (with more detail)

We have the QB + 4 RBs that have the ability to take over a game + an O-Line that’s 8 Deep and ALSO has the ability to enforce their will + Elite DEs that can absolutely get to the QB & Elite/Experienced safeties in Kinchens + J Williams that can man the back.

+ major improvements at WR/LB?!

Sorry y’all I’m sipping that Kool-Aid…

Advertisement
I disagree. While he may start off with only some snaps a game, I don’t think Lichtenstein or really anyone outside of the top 3 is keeping Moten off the field. By season’s end, I expect he’ll average ~20 snaps per game. I don’t think anyone else on the roster can do what he’s capable of doing this season.

Would love that if he could and the team would be better off for it not just this year but next year as well.

So 1st team OL is -

LT - Rivers
LG - Cohen
C - Lee
RG - Cooper
RT - Mauigoa

And Mccoy or Samson are next up if a G or T gets injured. Which is an incredible upgrade to last year.

Question is if Lee gets injured (sounds like Sagapolu or Jon Denis?

Hold On Reaction GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement
So to Recap…2022 Vs 2023

OC - HUGE upgrade
DC - big upgrade

after this Saturdays scrimmage will tell us a lot but I wasn’t kidding when I said this’ll be like a 2021 Lashlee Offense with a better Run game (and a much more elite OL) and a 2017/2018 Manny Diaz Defense (with more detail)

We have the QB + 4 RBs that have the ability to take over a game + an O-Line that’s 8 Deep and ALSO has the ability to enforce their will + Elite DEs that can absolutely get to the QB & Elite/Experienced safeties in Kinchens + J Williams that can man the back.

Respect, but I see some of the positions completely differently...
TE - lost our starter to the NFL, next man up (Arroyo) stays injured and is unproven, guys after that have made no impact in 5 years (McCormick) or have the dropsies (Skinner
DLine - basically the same unless the freshmen really make an impact, i.e., Bain - DJackson is a net positive this year
CB - lost 2 starters to the pros when we didn't even feel like that was a great group last year, patching holes through the portal (although I have high hopes for Jadais Richard)
I wouldn't argue with the rest of them.
I still see a 7-8 win team given this year's schedule, but I would love to be wrong. I can see 9 if we catch fire, bowl game win giving us 10 is the best case scenario.

One zillion percent. There are 7 layups on this schedule. Cue the masses telling me we can’t make layups. I got it. But a good staff wins those. If we have a good staff, we win those. 8 wins is the absolute floor, and would be a disappointment imo. The ACC is almost a Go5 league. It’s god awful. Winning 9 should be the only expectation.

Bethune
Miami (OH)
Temple
GT
Louisville
UVA
Boston College

All those teams are ******* atrocious, except for Louisville, who is just bad. Not comically awful. You can’t lose to anyone on that list if you’re a good staph.

Win those, and get 1 more out of the other 5. Less than that, we have MAJOR problems.
With you completely on this 8-4 is a disappointment 9-3 should be the floor

The physical OL with downhill running games do not play in our favor vs. with Texas A&M, Clemson, and FSU. All 3 will try to line up and punish us in the run game.
Yea well Guidry has a way of coaching aro8nd that cause Marshall Dline wasn't the 01 Ravens size but their run defense left nothing on the field.

It ain't gone be that easy to just line up and lean on us. Nah.

Advertisement
One zillion percent. There are 7 layups on this schedule. Cue the masses telling me we can’t make layups. I got it. But a good staff wins those. If we have a good staff, we win those. 8 wins is the absolute floor, and would be a disappointment imo. The ACC is almost a Go5 league. It’s god awful. Winning 9 should be the only expectation.

Bethune
Miami (OH)
Temple
GT
Louisville
UVA
Boston College

All those teams are ******* atrocious, except for Louisville, who is just bad. Not comically awful. You can’t lose to anyone on that list if you’re a good staph.

Win those, and get 1 more out of the other 5. Less than that, we have MAJOR problems.
Were -2.5 vs Louisville on the preseason line. I'd argue that's far from a layup. I'd agree with 6 tho.

If he's as good as billed, you find a spot for him at LG or even try his 6' 6" self at Center.

Whatever it takes to get the best 5 on the field. Mirabal has mentioned that himself.

There are only 6 NFL centers who are 6' 6", but a few of them are really solid:

• Luke Fortner – Jaguars (this dude had a solid rookie season)
  • Graham Glasgow – Broncos
  • Ethan Pocic – Browns
  • Mitch Morse – Bills
  • Nick Gates – Giants
  • Austin Schlottman – Vikings
Landon ****erson played C at Alabama as well at 6'6" and was pretty **** good after transferring from FSU. Playing G with the Eagles now.

So to Recap…2022 Vs 2023

OC - HUGE upgrade
DC - big upgrade

I’m not falling for it for the 20th year in a row.

OC has not been good when he’s been the only play caller.
DC is a upgrade

QB has been good for less than 10 games. If he gets hurt again we have less depth than last year.
RB nothing like relying on Freshmen and RB’s who can’t go 4 games without injury. (But this unit is better than last year)
TE starter in NFL everyone else unproven or coming off injury
WR basically the same unit as last year that can’t get open.
OL is a huge upgrade

DE is better than last year but relying on boys to go up against men OL
DT is trash minus LT who really has 2 years of hit and cold (other teams will run us to death)
LB we are relying on 1 transfer to turn this entire group around
CB is way worse than last year. There have been zero camp reports that point to this group being any good
S the worst depth position on the team.

K another year always Helps here so this should be better
P definitely not better but no clue.

A loss to a bad team early or getting stomped by TAM could have guys watching for that nfl check and we’re right back in the same boat as last year. 8 wins, tops.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not falling for it for the 20th year in a row.

OC has not been good when he’s been the only play caller.
DC is a upgrade

QB has been good for less than 10 games. If he gets hurt again we have less depth than last year.
RB nothing like relying on Freshmen and RB’s who can’t go 4 games without injury. (But this unit is better than last year)
WR basically the same unit as last year that can’t get open.
OL is a huge upgrade

DE is better than last year but relying on boys to go up against men OL
DT is trash minus LT who really has 2 years of hit and cold (other teams will run us to death)
LB we are relying on 1 transfer to turn this entire group around
CB is way worse than last year. There have been zero camp reports that point to this group being any good
S the worst depth position on the team.

K another year always Helps here so this should be better
P definitely not better but no clue.

A loss to a bad team early or getting stomped by TAM could have guys watching for that nfl check and we’re right back in the same boat as last year. 8 wins, tops.
I do worry about rivers first time starter at LT, and true freshman at RT. I like both of them as players but that’s something to be concerned about imo especially vs a&m,clemson,fsu

I’d add smaller on the Dline and no true CB1 this year compared to last years defense on top of all the good points you made.
Devante Brown is clearly CB1.

It's also a weak position group.

So to Recap…2022 Vs 2023

OC - HUGE upgrade
DC - big upgrade

That's a very rosy picture.

Advertisement
When is next scrimmage, I would imagine that is essentially "moving day" for key battles? Stuff usually starts to sort itself out after 2nd scrimmage and the real chips are on the table before you find yourself with a scout team condom on your head
🤐🤫

Besides TE availability, the DL defending the run is is one of my main concerns this year. **** Auburn stole Justin Rogers from us!

Advertisement
Back