The Bank (6/11)

View as article
So if ESD was today you would only feel good about 3 of the 5 five stars that visited this weekend???

Season 4 Showtime GIF by Billions

Advertisement
I’m just saying nobody wants to build their own legacy on a 5-7 team. If anything most of the highest rated kids are looking to play for a winner. Look at high school kids. They all want to play for their local powerhouses.
Yeah me quoting you I was trying to convey I wasn’t really disagreeing just adding to the conversation

There’s no doubt you’re correct I’ve just seen it as an excuse for kids that don’t want to play here so many times

Like if we were 5-7 last year what is the benchmark for these kids? Some improvement? Would that suddenly make them pick us over a two time defending champ?

I dunno.

So based off all the June/July excitement and then this post about commits not happening coming out of this weekend, should we expect a quieter June/July?

No clue what’s going on there.

I know there was some butt-hurt there, but supposedly it’s been cleaned up.

Then you have him and a few Chaminade kids blowing FSU all over Twitter, so I don’t know what that means.

To be frank, I’m done with WR and DB recruiting down here. These are two national positions in my eyes.

I’d have Miller 10/10 over anyone down here.
Gotta keep grinding the WR & DB down there. They're the best of best friend.

So based off all the June/July excitement and then this post about commits not happening coming out of this weekend, should we expect a quieter June/July?
These big stars are going to want to schedule their announcements

It takes time

June and July won’t be quiet at all imo

Advertisement
Yeah me quoting you I was trying to convey I wasn’t really disagreeing just adding to the conversation

There’s no doubt you’re correct I’ve just seen it as an excuse for kids that don’t want to play here so many times

Like if we were 5-7 last year what is the benchmark for these kids? Some improvement? Would that suddenly make them pick us over a two time defending champ?

I dunno.
I think their expectations are probably similar to most of ours. The team’s got to beat the bad teams and be competitive with the good ones. For offensive kids, I think we have to show that Mario is willing to allow Dawson to open it up. Defensively, kids want to play in an aggressive scheme. I don’t think anyone realistically thinks Miami will be better than Georgia, just that they’re on their way. I mean, the team was terrible last year so just improving to “pretty good” should be enough.

Advertisement
Breland is Eddie Goldman’esque. A heavy handed pocket collapsing “war daddy” who looks nimble enough to give OT’s **** on the outside too on occasional downs. He will end up 310+ easily but won’t look it.

He is a completely different player than Leonard Taylor lol.

Advertisement
I predict a big commitment tonight, Mario knows a bunch of eyes were on the program and Josh pate specifically said he was expecting to have more to talk about our big recruiting weekend on his show tonight

Maybe just the optimist in me though , guess we’ll know soon enough

Advertisement
I’ll be honest I don’t buy it from 99.9% of these kids when they say it

The majority of them don’t care that much because they always feel they can build their own legacy

Whenever someone makes a comment about seeing results on the field I kinda write them off

I don’t want that statement to be too black and white and I also totally agree with what you’re saying, just sometimes I’m like ehhhhh that’s not really how it’s played out over the years

But maybe Ellis really is in that mold I dunno

Agree with this. Schnellenberger sure as **** wasn't recruiting based on record but on vision.

Miami is a dope city to live in, The []__[] is a dope place to learn, and playing for JT would be a dope opportunity.

Getting these kids on campus is a positive development after a big-time commitment to facilities, dorms, NIL & coaches; but let's not get ahead of ourselves, we're still in the gathering stages of this rebuilding process.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back