The Bank (6/11)

View as article
FOujmbVXoAMqJFr.jpg

Advertisement
I’m glad players are straight up telling Mario “do it on the field this year and I’ll hop aboard”. The honeymoon is over. No more top 10 classes after going 5-7. All the sales tactics in the world don’t matter if your actual football product sucks. We go 8-4 or better, look out.

I’m glad players are straight up telling Mario “do it on the field this year and I’ll hop aboard”. The honeymoon is over. No more top 10 classes after going 5-7. All the sales tactics in the world don’t matter if your actual football product sucks. We go 8-4 or better, look out.
I’ll be honest I don’t buy it from 99.9% of these kids when they say it

The majority of them don’t care that much because they always feel they can build their own legacy

Whenever someone makes a comment about seeing results on the field I kinda write them off

I don’t want that statement to be too black and white and I also totally agree with what you’re saying, just sometimes I’m like ehhhhh that’s not really how it’s played out over the years

But maybe Ellis really is in that mold I dunno

Advertisement
Clemson does this every year. Every year they have a massive 1st weekend of official visitors. Leading to a flood of commits. But those commits are told to not visit elsewhere and shut it down. They’ve done extraordinarily well keeping most of those commits over the years. How they’re going to do it in todays landscape without changing their approach remains to be seen. But Clemson has been knocking early OV season out of the park for a long time
That and we’re just not where Clemson, Bama, UGA and Ohio State are in terms of what we can dictate.

By August I’m sure a lot will be sorted out.

The majority of them don’t care that much because they always feel they can build their own legacy

Whenever someone makes a comment about seeing results on the field I kinda write them off

I don’t want that statement to be too black and white and I also totally agree with what you’re saying, just sometimes I’m like ehhhhh that’s not really how it’s played out over the years

I’m just saying nobody wants to build their own legacy on a 5-7 team. If anything most of the highest rated kids are looking to play for a winner. Look at high school kids. They all want to play for their local powerhouses.

Advertisement

For some…

But kids who hop high schools for larger exposure or to be with a proven winner…I absolutely believe them.

IMG kids… win they say “wins and losses matter” I believe them. The kids from California who transferred to Central to play HS ball didn’t do so to play for perennial 5 or 6 win teams. They could’ve stayed home for that.

Great stuff @DMoney . Thanks for the update! In terms of Ellis Robinson, I understand the need to see us going in a positive direction on the field but surely Ellis knows that Miami as constructed right now is not a 10 win team. Will he take that into the appropriate consideration? Thanks again!
To your point, if he has half a brain he knows we don’t yet have a 10-win team so that should not be his criteria for selecting us.

But he 100% should expect to see a team that competes hard, demonstrates a P5 level offense, and win or lose is in every single game.

If he witnesses the crap we saw last year again this year, then that’s on us.

Advertisement
Great stuff @DMoney . Thanks for the update! In terms of Ellis Robinson, I understand the need to see us going in a positive direction on the field but surely Ellis knows that Miami as constructed right now is not a 10 win team. Will he take that into the appropriate consideration? Thanks again!
If I had a dime for every top end talent we missed on just in the last 15 years or so for the exact same reason… not putting it together on the field.

If we were consistently putting together 9 win seasons the names that would’ve more than likely been our roster makes my jaws tight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back