The Bank (2/3)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
  • There are five QBs to keep your eye on at this stage, in no particular order: Julian Sayin (Carlsbad, CA, Alabama Commit), Luke Moga (Phoenix, AZ), Maui Smith (San Mateo, CA, same high school as Tom Brady), Michael Van Buren (Baltimore, MD) and Air Noland (Atlanta, GA).
Interesting that we are supposed to keep an eye on Julian Sayin. Wasn't he the guy in that video with Rumph rolling his eyes at us?

Advertisement
I still teach but I no longer coach HS FB. I coach at a private training facility with all sports, all ages
It's not good for me, it's good for society. Good for me would be a private island with Hawaiian Tropic models needing a lotion boy.

No one is going to be able to walk in and say A-HA here's the evidence, this isn't Law & Order.
I was in football for 10 years as a chitty player, 20 as a never-was coach, and in S&C 20 years as well.
I'm a certified S&C coach that's in the field practicing coaching 3-4x a week.

Reading material:
Conditioning Article
Cramping
Running poles is dumb
Reverse engineering
Four coactives
Rhea + Ballou = Ring

If you never run at max velocity: 1- you'll never get faster, 2- you're more prone to injury when you do run at max velo in a game

If I run that volume above prescribed without training for it, I'm greatly increasing my risk of injury during the condo work
If I run that volume prescribed and train for it, I'm greatly increasing my risk of injury in football specific periods
Their workout detrained the athlete for their sport, and for speed

Now you have to focus on the movement efficiency that breaks down when you start to add volume and distance
Move less efficient, get tired faster.
Run 100's at all tired, get injured. Run 100's 200's and 300's... good luck!

100m is a long distance for anyone, it's 3 races in one. But it's especially long for anyone that isn't a small skill.
Throwers might bust out a 60m sprint here or there, but they work up to it.
There are 100m sprinters who never run 100m. There are 400m 'sprinters' who never run the 400.
So why are football players, who hardly run 50 yards a pop, running 300's? 200's? 100's?

The answer isn't "toughness" that's task-specific. If X team runs 300's to be tough, and then they are bottom 20 in penalties, are they tough?
The answer isn't conditioning, it's not to 'prevent cramps', it's not making you faster, stronger, more powerful, or cutting quicker
You won't block, tackle, pursue, intercept, throw, catch or run better because of them
So why do it?

Good for you was a compliment.

I appreciate your background and your listing of qualifications and experience, but until I see data that shows a statistical correlation between Mario/Feld training causing injuries, until you can prove causation, it’s just an unproven theory. Someone else could postulate something completely different, and it would be just as valid. You made a very specific claim about injuries.

I’m a hard data, prove it to me guy, when it comes to science, specifically medical science in this case. And I have yet to see anything closely resembling proof, or even just a statistical correlation.

I would be very interested in you having a one on one conversation with Feld, and I guess Mario for that matter, to see how you could teach them how to improve their techniques.

Have you considered reaching out to them to try to help them? Since you’re so sure that they’re doing it incorrectly?

Not much, in all meanings.

Half of the CIS fan base anointed him a day one lock because he was a true freshman OT starter and overlooked all his developmental deficiencies. Many here thought he would leave early as though he had performed well enough to get an NFL draftable grade. And from what it sounded like, some in his camp drank the Kool Aid.

I still think Nelson has the potential to do something in 2023 and make a name for himself. But he hasn’t so far, and certainly hasn’t demonstrated he’s worth a high draft pick. He’s going to pushed hard by the young guys for starting snaps which is good for everyone.
Zion is playing for Sunday $$$$ this year, we will see what he's got in the tank. great at Pass protection, run block not so sure.

Advertisement
Who do you all like best at QB in the upcoming class? I feel like there is a drop off after Sayin and Noland.

Advertisement
hq720.jpg

Attachments

• FEEBAEBC-05C8-48A1-80FE-9D84EBC454B8.jpeg
    FEEBAEBC-05C8-48A1-80FE-9D84EBC454B8.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 7
Interesting that we are supposed to keep an eye on Julian Sayin. Wasn't he the guy in that video with Rumph rolling his eyes at us?

Sure is. However, if he actually wants to come here, this gets treated as a Wes Bissainthe throwing the U down at FSU and we forget about it lol Kid is NASTY.

Advertisement
Back