The Bank (12/10)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would consider both of these players first tier on Miami's board:

Who gets the official offer first or do they both get an offer Wednesday morning and first one to send it back is QB1 next year?

Itā€™s a good way to put pressure back on them that if they want in they canā€™t wait around. Itā€™s a gamble it works but I like the aggressivness

Didnt Rogers come on campus Saturday? And Howard was today? So Ward comes tomorrow, and they try and close it.

Advertisement
Who gets the official offer first or do they both get an offer Wednesday morning and first one to send it back is QB1 next year?

Itā€™s a good way to put pressure back on them that if they want in they canā€™t wait around. Itā€™s a gamble it works but I like the aggressivness

I have to belive that both have already been offered.

Yeah but think a Jerry Jeudy type of player ... really HELPS an offense to have a reliable "catches everything" WR. Can make the difference in a game.

Absolutely. I think he could be that dude but the games have to be played. Right now heā€™s a highly sought after and very talented high school receiver. I hope we can land him, personally, I think heā€™s going to stick with the bucknuts, but anything is possible. My comment was more along the lines of, in the history of football whether youā€™re looking at college or the pros, a single wide receiver while important, is not the most important player in the aggregate. Youā€™ve got your freaks here and there, but look at past teams, past games, past seasons. There are a lot of very good receivers and sometimes thatā€™s all you need - a stable of very good receivers. Admittedly, something that we havenā€™t had in a while.

- This is college free agency. We saw that with Colbie Young, a good player who didnā€™t feel he was being offered enough money to stay. The staff is focused on upgrades and maximizing value.
If Young is entering the portal because he thinks he gets more money elsewhere, does he stay if he doesnā€™t get a better offer elsewhere?

What percentage of players in the portal think theyā€™ll get more money elsewhere, donā€™t get the offer, and then end up staying?

Advertisement
If Young is entering the portal because he thinks he gets more money elsewhere, does he stay if he doesnā€™t get a better offer elsewhere?

What percentage of players in the portal think theyā€™ll get more money elsewhere, donā€™t get the offer, and then end up staying?
A couple thoughts on this...

1. Tampering is not supposed to happen, but we all know that it does - if Colbie played this smart he will likely have heard from other teams and have an idea what he will get

2. If I am Mario, I probably set a rule that says 'If you go in the portal, then there is no coming back' otherwise why wouldn't every player go in the portal every year? Why not test the waters and see if someone will give you enough money to make it worth your while to change schools. At the very least it has to be communicated that they will be looking for your replacement as soon as you put your name in the portal, so if they find someone and you want to come back, tough luck.

Advertisement
This is going way back but Emmit Smith was buried on depth chart at UF until a bunch of guys got hurt and they were forced to play him.
Bill Belichick and his Wally Pipp story will always be accurate, no matter how hoften it will be repeated.

1702388481932.png

Advertisement
Back