The Bank (12/10)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Norvell was smart for a short term solution. He knew he was on the verge of being canned so he slammed the portal to fill his lack of development. It will come back to bite him. You absolutely need to develop your own kids, because not all transfers pan out
Next season FSU will be a 3 loss team, maybe more

Advertisement
I like the way this sounds!! Cam Ward me then J. Smith me please and thank you!
These are two of the biggest weeks in recent Canes football history. I apologize for being vague, but here is the latest in a fluid and fast-moving process.

- Everybody inside and outside the Hecht is focused on the quarterback position. You already know the various names. All I can say is that I don’t expect Miami to settle for a second-tier player and I think a decision will come this week.

- This is college free agency. We saw that with Colbie Young, a good player who didn’t feel he was being offered enough money to stay. The staff is focused on upgrades and maximizing value.

- Some names that Miami likes in the Portal- Purdue WR Deion Burks, Georgia LB Xavian Sorey, Middle Tennessee DT Marley Cook, Tennessee DE Tyler Baron and Indiana C Zach Carpenter. I expect more names to jump in the Portal.

- The Canes continue to aggressively pursue DT Armondo Blount (Central) and he is a name to watch down the stretch.

- DT CJ Clark (NC State) had a great visit and I like Miami’s chances there.

- WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade) is watching the QB situation closely. Miami continues to have an intense focus there. Less of a chance with CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) but they are making Georgia work.

- RB Jordan Lyle (STA) remains a priority and a flip candidate.

- Spots are getting tight with the high school class. Don't be surprised to see significant movement in the next week or so.

- Not official yet but very good chance Jalen Rivers comes back for his senior year

@DMoney
You don’t have to apologize for being vague. As a matter of fact, I love it when you are vague because that usually precedes something great happening.

When you say movement in the next week because spots are tight in the high school class do you mean that a few current commits could move on? I won’t mention names but there are a few that would make sense.

I absolutely love what this staff has been able to do on the DL specifically at DT down the stretch. Would be fantastic to pull Blount but I do not want to lose Artavious Jones who to me is one of the most underrated DT prospects out there relatively speaking of course.

What is our status in terms of possibly flipping Hayes from UiF? He is an amazing talent.

There has been rampant speculation about the staff working on flipping a 5 star QB. Is there any substance to this? This would be in addition to trying to flip CJ Bailey and Judd Anderson already committed. I know Mario and staff are relentless in recruiting and that they go after the very best so that aspect of it doesn’t surprise me. Assuming for a second that Bailey flips and Judd Anderson stays, is having 3 QBs in one class something the staff is ok with if the 3rd QB is a 5 star phenom? I would say most definitely but we will see.

I would love a Jordan Lyle flip and a class of Riley, Lyle and Wheatley-Humphrey. Does Humphrey change positions if that happens?

I’m a huge fan of Xavier Mincey the CB/S recruit from Daytona Beach Mainland and think he would be ideal at FS.

I realize that the staff is going all out to land a top tier portal QB and we all know the two names in Will Howard and Cameron Ward. The thing is that there will be several top programs going after those two and I wonder if it is realistic to expect to win the services of either considering the perception out there about Mario and style of offense. They are going to have to convince them that we will be running a system that is explosive and a system that a QB especially a gifted passer like Ward will want to play in. I hope it happens because getting either, especially Ward will go a long way in changing the perception of this program with elite QBs and WRs nationally.

Would it be accurate to say that the following are the remaining targets for the 2024 class?

WR Jeremiah Smith
RB Jordan Lyle
DT Armando Blount
DE Dylan Stewart
LB Adarius Hayes
CB Ellis Robinson
CB/S Xavier Mincey
QB CJ Bailey
In terms of a portal QB I think Jamie McCloud JMU and
Dequan Finn Toledo are more realistic than Will Howard or Cam Ward(My personal favorite)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Doesn't mentioning secret visits just entice people to try and break who is on said secret visit? If you truly wanted a secret visit, why would you have your mouth piece put this out there. **** is stupid.

Advertisement
Is Dylan Stewart possible?
200.gif

it is so disappointing and so crazy that this is what really matters nowadays.

college football will divorce itself from the universities in 5=7 years and from academics maybe earlier. they will be club teams like in europe.
no it wont. You are forgetting a huge component which is the fans. The fans are tied to a school and therefore a team. Seperate those two and you lose a huge amount of fans, including losing the "new" fan base that churns out year in and year out when kids enroll in school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back