The ATM (8/4)

Lots of hoping and wishing in here lol. Clemson is as loaded as ever , they just lack the generational qb which makes them **** near unbeatable. If you consider “trending down as not going to the playoff every year and finishing in the top five I’ll give you that. But that program is going nowhere. It’s going to be a top ten program going forward. The only holdup for them is Miami loading up in recruiting. They’ll actually have competition in the conference. That’s if Mario does what we expect.

People burying them after a ten win season while missing tons of players is hilarious to me. Make sure y’all keep this same energy lol.
Not understanding the Clemson love at all. Vegas thinks they’re good not great. All I need to know.

Advertisement
Not understanding the Clemson love at all. Vegas thinks they’re good not great. All I need to know.
Qb is why and that’s an important one. I personally don’t see him being as bad with a healthy line and key starters back but it’s fair to question that position. When healthy they’ll out talent everyone most weeks. I don’t see them making the playoff but they should be a top 5-8 team.

Qb is why and that’s an important one. I personally don’t see him being as bad with a healthy line and key starters back but it’s fair to question that position. When healthy they’ll out talent everyone most weeks. I don’t see them making the playoff but they should be a top 5-8 team.
I think they will probably still be very good, but it’s easy to see why there’s a lot of doubt. They are a program that has thrived on stability, just that really being tested for the first time since they’ve taken off is cause for concern.

Then, throw in the fact that Venables is who took them over the hump, and it’s not like some proven stud coordinator was brought into replace him. Then, throw in the qb issue.

Like I said, they will probably still be around a 10 win team because of overall talent and schedule, but there are more reasons to be concerned than anytime since their 10 win streak started.

I agree with that but that is them sliding back a bit lol Also the more we come on the more they slide back.

Advertisement

Hope that 9-3 regular season includes winning the acc coastal. Not winning acc coastal would be embarrassing. So assuming we play Clemson again in the acc championship game and lose (being a pessimist), we should still get a nice bowl game and if we win, finishing year 1 with a 10-4 record and as ACC coastal Champs would be a respectable start to the Cristobal era.

Advertisement
Lots of hoping and wishing in here lol. Clemson is as loaded as ever , they just lack the generational qb which makes them **** near unbeatable. If you consider “trending down as not going to the playoff every year and finishing in the top five I’ll give you that. But that program is going nowhere. It’s going to be a top ten program going forward. The only holdup for them is Miami loading up in recruiting. They’ll actually have competition in the conference. That’s if Mario does what we expect.

People burying them after a ten win season while missing tons of players is hilarious to me. Make sure y’all keep this same energy lol.
Clemson’s issue isn’t lack of talent on the field. It’s lack of talent in the coaching staff. Dabo has been promoting from within for a long time and he did it again after losing both coordinators. Brain drain is happening there and he’s done nothing to change it. When he was floundering he hired Chad Morris then Venables in consecutive offseasons. Changed that program. He forgot what new blood can do. The new OC is a former Clemson player who was the QB coach the last couple of years. Streeter hasn’t called a play since 2014 when he was the Richmond OC. The DC has never done it before. He was promoted from defensive assistant. Never been a position coach before.

They were stale on offense last year. That’s besides DJ U and his issues. They’ll be fine on the OL this season. They’ve never been great physically anyway. That running game is about angles, misdirection, speed and pro backs like Gallman and Etienne. If they still want to just out talent people they’re gonna need to hit on WR too along with QB again. The WRs since freshman Justyn Ross have been whiffs. We’ve got one of those whiffs on our roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Vegas says 10.5 wins on Clemson's regular season, which is tied for the most wins Vegas has set for any team in 2022. That's better than just "okay".
But the over pays +110 for Clemson, compared to
bama that has 10.5 as well but the over is -280

still clemson is better than just ok.

Advertisement
11/1 to win natty. 10.5 wins is bc the ACC blows. Stop.

Where are you seeing 11/1? Clemson is +800 on Fanduel (link) and several of the other updated sites. I didn't check every book, but the worst I found in a quick search was Caesars at +1000, which like all the books I saw was still the 4th best odds to win a NC (after Bama, OSU, and UGA). You're really saying "Vegas thinks they're okay"?

But the over pays +110 for Clemson, compared to
bama that has 10.5 as well but the over is -280

still clemson is better than just ok.

That's fair. Bama is the favorite to win the NC right now. If we're going by what Vegas is saying, Clemson has the consensus 4th best odds of winning it all (and is right around where UGA opened last season). That overall picture is better than just "okay."

Advertisement
Back