The ATM (8/4)

View as article
Advertisement
**** nothing like @Liberty City El to bring us back to 9-3 reality
i think most underestimate what a really solid reality that would be. Sure, we were a missed kick and some BS zone mixup away from 9 wins last year, but we also caught breaks and last season was a different schedule. 9-3 with a bowl win, this season, would be a clear upward trend to sell.

To say “I dont see X amount of losses on our schedule” as if we have shown to be far ahead of the rest of the coastal is just hilarious man…Yall will be brought back to reality soon tho and you’ll be mad and ready to fire somebody because the unrealistic expectations u set aren’t met lol
You saying we shouldn't expect better doesn't make you any smarter than the rest of us homie. You want us to think we brought in a top 5 staff nationwide imo. And to expect them to improve 3 games on our previous staff and end up at 10 wins is unreasonable. The last staff won 7 games. How many is reasonable to ask of this staff, with most of the key games at home?

i think most underestimate what a really solid reality that would be. Sure, we were a missed kick and some BS zone mixup away from 9 wins last year, but we also caught breaks and last season was a different schedule. 9-3 with a bowl win, this season, would be a clear upward trend to sell.
thats a realistic goal. I see people
here saying 12-0 or 11-1 regular season. Not saying its impossible. But 9-3 is a solid solid solid season that shows clear improvement over the previous year. Anything more is gravy.

Advertisement
You saying we shouldn't expect better doesn't make you any smarter than the rest of us homie. You want us to think we brought in a top 5 staff nationwide imo. And to expect them to improve 3 games on our previous staff and end up at 10 wins is unreasonable. The last staff won 7 games. How many is reasonable to ask of this staff, with most of the key games at home?
You got it bro lol

The schedule was harder last season believe it or not. UNC, Pitt and FSU was on the road. And we played 3 teams who won 11 games. 2 OOC

Robbie Washington transferring from Killian to Palmetto hurts (as a Killian grad)…..but as long as he‘s a cane in the end is all that matters. Side note- Palmetto grads really been kicking our *** lately (my friend Katie Phang has her own show now on MSNBC, Bezos, Supreme Court Justice KBJ- pretty impressive).
Killian players transferring to Palmetto? What is this world coming too?! Killian grad too. Sounds like all their good players are transferring. Sad!

Ok, assume we go 11-1, losing to Clemson at their place, but avenge the loss in ACCCG, why type of class does that yield to folks here??

Let's see some lists and maybe a bit of reasoning.

11-1?!? JFC. I'm all about being hopeful but let's pump the brakes and give Mario a chance to unwind 5+ years of bad habits, culture, discipline.

Advertisement
I cannot predict a won-loss record, especially since the depth chart isn't known. That said, I'll feel much better if we look the part of a top flight team - toughness physically and mentally, exerting our will on other teams (on both sides of the ball), discipline, and protecting the ball. Change the culture and the wins will be earned.

Last edited:
Advertisement
**** $500k NIL deals.

Commit to the U, move to Miami, become a content creator, go fishing with Miami legends, post on YouTube channel, makes millions upon millions that can stay with you for your life with continued content creation.
Remember when feelings got hurt about Chad Thomas not getting to the QB enough and him being into music took the blame? We’ll this will be like that, except everyone will get to see this kid having fun fishing. There will be video evidence that he’s not spending every moment working on football.

11-1?!? JFC. I'm all about being hopeful but let's pump the brakes and give Mario a chance to unwind 5+ years of bad habits, culture, discipline.
It’s unfair to put that on him off the bat. I can’t express the deficiencies better than @dycane did. I think the moves in the off-season on the DLine will make a huge difference. We’re still not there at LB or CB as I see it and I have no idea what we have at WR.

That’s not bad at all. I thought I was being a Slurper at 9-3 and I had been thinking 8-4 as well.
I expect improvements and sometimes the record doesn’t show that…Im so sold on the people in our program from top to bottom that I really dont care for the record stuff right now man.

I believe we’re heading in the right direction with the right people so im just enjoying the process.

Advertisement
You guys are hilariously & aggressively naive every offseason, it literally never fails lol

Sure I can; yall said the exact same thing in 2016 when Richt got here lol

I don’t have an issue with being optimistic & feeling good about the future, but yall always go way overboard & leave the bounds of reality because yall just don’t think clearly in the offseason. Trust me I understand it, it’s just you’d think Canes fans of all people would have learned by now that being reasonable & measured is probably better than taking the scenic route lol

It’s the emotions of being a fan of a team that hasn’t had success in a long time; it’s called desperation.

It’s the same thing that people clown Gator fans for on a daily basis lol
It's crazy to think after 20 years of mediocrity every off season is the same. Ignore all the glaring issues we have because "we have a better roster then every team we face except_____". Where have I heard that before?

The point of being realistic about the flaws in this team and how long it takes to change culture is so that, should we not win 10 games this year, morons on CiS don’t start collecting banner money.

Saying you think 8-9 wins is reasonable doesn’t actually place a cap on the season. The team could still win 12 games even though I think 9 is ok.

If you live in a real city in the NE, Miami pulls just as much weight as OSU. If you live in the burbs or a rural area, then maybe OSU is a big deal. IDK, I live close to Philly, and Miami is not an inferior brand to OSU where I live now.
everytime i go to walmart where i live all u see is um n bama.

Advertisement
Back