The ATM (8/4)

View as article
Excellent work, DMoney.

“…the staff expects a good season.”

I kept telling y’all the staff likes this team. Just listen too the way they talk about the players.

They weren’t heavy in the portal because they thought we were complete dog ****. They were in the to build depth and competition because they understand the magnitude of the opportunity before them. With hard work, discipline, and some luck, we can be in the playoffs. They stacked the roster as best they could on short notice to compete with the likes of aTm, Clemson, Bama, and UGA at the highest level possible.

For those who want to cry that aTm or some other hick school doesn’t need wins, remember we don’t match that gameday atmosphere YET. We have underutilized some of our guys. It MATTERS. Let’s show up and show out and be the loudest rowdiest lunatics in college football. This team will earn it. This staff will harness every bit of this team’s talent.
Ehhhh, we weren’t SC in the portal but we went pretty heavy. We signed 11 kids from the portal and were still looking for a speed WR and a RT that we didn’t get. I like our team as it stands right now for the ACC but we basically had to restructure our entire defense, particularly the DL.

Advertisement
Ok, assume we go 11-1, losing to Clemson at their place, but avenge the loss in ACCCG, why type of class does that yield to folks here??

Let's see some lists and maybe a bit of reasoning.

Ok, assume we go 11-1, losing to Clemson at their place, but avenge the loss in ACCCG, why type of class does that yield to folks here??

Let's see some lists and maybe a bit of reasoning.
A playoff birth absolutely gets us a top 3 class.

Flip galore.

Just so you guys know, plenty of names being worked that are committed to other schools. With a season like that, those become very possible.

Advertisement
Top 3 class…this staff got a prescription for Canibus. That is some major expectations. I think winning the coastal is easier.

You can’t compare this off-season to others in the past ../
Sure I can; yall said the exact same thing in 2016 when Richt got here lol

I don’t have an issue with being optimistic & feeling good about the future, but yall always go way overboard & leave the bounds of reality because yall just don’t think clearly in the offseason. Trust me I understand it, it’s just you’d think Canes fans of all people would have learned by now that being reasonable & measured is probably better than taking the scenic route lol

I don’t have an issue with being optimistic & feeling good about the future, but yall always go way overboard & leave the bounds of reality because yall just don’t think clearly in the offseason. Trust me I understand it, it’s just you’d think Canes fans of all people would have learned by now that being reasonable & measured is probably better than taking the scenic route lol
I just don’t understand how people have the energy to go up and down every single day like this board does

It’s gotta be cocaine right?

Advertisement
I just don’t understand how people have the energy to go up and down every single day like this board does

It’s gotta be cocaine right?
It’s the emotions of being a fan of a team that hasn’t had success in a long time; it’s called desperation.

It’s the same thing that people clown Gator fans for on a daily basis lol

It’s the emotions of being a fan of a team that hasn’t had success in a long time; it’s called desperation.

It’s the same thing that people clown Gator fans for on a daily basis lol
I gotta admit.. I'm thirsty as ****!

giphy.gif

This. Then they go off the rails when Mario doesn't meet their outlandish offseason expectations. Top 5 class, ACC championship, playoff hunt, 1st rounder at QB and LT. Anything is possible, but none of that is the foregone conclusion some people seem to think it is.

Its a bit like how we hear EVERY YEAR that players X, Y and Z have turned a corner because they didn't suck during a fall camp for the first time in their 4 years on campus. Its NEVER true. And once they get into the game and the **** the bed people flip out on them because they've bought into the offseason hype and sunshine pumping.

Advertisement

Reasonable and measured why? We are going on the road to Texas A&M and the spread is +8 for us. This is not all other times when u were talking. Unless you believe our staff will make no difference. Also we have more returning production than every opponent we face and a better QB than everyone of them, likely first round pick. If that's not a formula for optimism you just like to be miserable. We had a dumb staff and had a chance to win every game last season except v Bama. Beat the 2 best ACC opponents we faced, including the ACC champion on the road. Football is not only about what you got but also your opponents and I have no reason to doubt we can't win every game and should win 10 games. The over under is 8.5, I take the over. Btw Michigan over under to start last season was 7.5. Michigan St went from winning 2 games to winning 11. You are simply living in the past and calling it reasonable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back