The ATM (7/2)

Advertisement
I didn’t realize these were binding commitments?
What a dumb comment.

So nobody should get upset that recruiting has hit a wall and two 5* guys are likely bound for OSU that we expected in our class b/c their verbal commitments aren't binding? 90% of first commitments stick so I guess nothing to be worried.

With what info is flowing right now I'm more surprised we nabbed commitments from any 4 stars. Somehow overnight our staff lost 80% of the top recruits. Not much else to talk about. Miss me with they won't stop. Good for them, won't matter.

Advertisement
Honestly speaking I don’t see winning this coming season impacting the results of this 2024 class. I think it matters in the sense that we don’t want things to get worse, and yes maybe 2 or 3 people flip (that works both ways btw), but a lot of the prospects we’re after are committing to schools with a recent history of winning. They’re not coming here because we had one successful season (It should hopefully benefit the 2025 class). The perception and results of this class are impacted by so many other factors, From NIL/bag game, to staff not reading the room, to positional development/draft positioning/playing time, to overhyping coming from some of our media, to Miami not really being a powerhouse school, to even people not realizing kids coming to Miami for a visit is literally just that, a trip to an awesome city where they’re getting completely catered to, and hanging out with their boys and family.

But back to my main point, we’ve signed 11 3-stars so far, and I think we’re in it for at least 3 or 4 more. Even if we get the flips some talk about, we’d have to sign close to 30 people (with the remaining being 4-5 stars) to make this class respectable in terms of rankings. Winning this year in my opinion isn’t fixing the 2024 class. But we do need to win.

Generally speaking, I’m still fine with recruiting overall, and happy with those who have verbally committed. Im not one of those who is infatuated with stars, but understand the overall perception and the value of having those highly rated players on the team.

How are our "insiders" at 247, Rivals and On3 doing? Have they admitted they were wrong and actually don't know anything...#watchthewhiff
They’re doing better then most of these beta *** porsters on cis biachn n pouting in early July like you are.

Have a good 4th though Nancy

Advertisement
So Mario was elite with Alabaga and the McDuck money bin?

Then we are ****ed
Let me preface this by saying I don’t make excuses for anybody - including myself. Small sample size at Miami with 20 years of **** to flush. He did rescue the 21 class and had a very good class last year. His window of opportunity is closing quickly on this years class. Will be interesting to see how he closes.

So really, the narrative that Mario was some elite recruiter was just that, a narrative.

If Manny got the Prime Time special with Cormani, we would have laughed at him like we did at Memphis Mike for losing the dude the year before…

Mario needs to adapt… we paid $8M for a reliable minivan, and right now the big guys are driving F1 cars…

Advertisement
We should all probably just put our Miami Degrees in the garbage and pull for a program like Georgia. 😳👀. It would be so much fun to be getting all these 5 stars. Going to sold out football games and pulling for a team in the SEC. Jk🤔
Man, I've lived and worked with UGA fans for years. Been to some of their camps and 7v7s. I can't stand that program or fan base. Wish they'd go 0-12 every year except that'd mean losing to Florida. Death Penalty would fine with me. I know you were kidding, so this isn't personal towards you 👊🏾

UF was nearly as bad as us last year with a top 5 draft pick at QB and are projected to finish 2nd to last in the SEC this year

They seem to be recruiting just fine, #3 class in the country. Do the performance standards only apply to us?

Has to be more to the story. Last year we literally couldn’t lose a recruiting battle to them.

Advertisement
So we’re poor again? This time last year we were the face of NIL and now we’re getting outbid for 3* WR’s

I was also told Ruiz going broke didn’t matter because we have a handful of billionaire boosters contributing more than him

Something’s not adding up. Class is halfway full and we’re at #30
You answered your own question. The Ruiz financial trouble has turned out to have some legs to it. We likely will have a class in the 15-20 range and have a solid year on field just to maintain that class.

Advertisement
Back