The ATM (12/18)

View as article
Advertisement
Yeah but he has to have his draft grade by now right? If he’s a 4th-5th round grade..MAYBE 3rd round..this seems like a decision that shouldn’t take that long. (And I think most would agree he’s absolutely not a 3rd round pick)
Didn’t Pete say yesterday he got a late round grade like 6th round

What does the NFL salary cap pay for the first pick of the second round through the last selection of the third round, year 1, compared to his NIL opportunities for one year in Miami? Factor in the chance getting injured or if he can boost his draft stock into the first round playing one more year of CFB.

This upcoming draft is quarterback heavy, but I don’t know about 2025.

Hopefully he’s asking the right people the right questions and getting honest answers.
Looked up last years: 1st pick of 2nd round was 9.9 million, signing bonus 4.25. 1st pick of 3rd round got 5.95M, 1.26 signing.

Advertisement
What does the NFL salary cap pay for the first pick of the second round through the last selection of the third round, year 1, compared to his NIL opportunities for one year in Miami? Factor in the chance getting injured or if he can boost his draft stock into the first round playing one more year of CFB.

This upcoming draft is quarterback heavy, but I don’t know about 2025.

Hopefully he’s asking the right people the right questions and getting honest answers.
The first pick of the second round will sign a contract worth approximately $9.9 million and receive a signing bonus of approximately $4.2 million. The second pick of the round will receive a $9.8 million contract with a $4.15 million signing bonus. The numbers decrease each pick until the 32nd pick where the player will receive a $6.17 million contract with a $1.49 million signing bonus.

The first pick of the third round will sign a contract worth approximately $5.85 million and receive a signing bonus of approximately $1.26 million. The second pick of the round will receive a $5.83 million contract with a $1.245 million signing bonus. The numbers decrease each pick until the 39th pick where the player will receive a $5.366 million contract with a $903,220 signing bonus.

Attachments

• IMG_5068.gif
    IMG_5068.gif
    5 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
If that's true then he should've declared the moment he got that grade.
Why is that when the difference from first round or even early second compared to late second to third can be tens of millions... I guess he shouldn't have confidence in his abilities. Seems pretty wild how some people talk about him on here. To have the results he had on a pretty shifty team with a crap oline & not much talent should say alot.

- QBs are still negotiating. Canes working hard and remain confident in their process. Let’s see.

- I expect good news soon on a couple key targets. Stay locked on CanesInSight.

- I still think we get a clean sweep of this weekend’s visitors.
- QBs are still negotiating. Canes working hard and remain confident in their process. Let’s see.

- I expect good news soon on a couple key targets. Stay locked on CanesInSight.

- I still think we get a clean sweep of this weekend’s visito
Million Dollar Man Laugh GIF

Advertisement
The first pick of the second round will sign a contract worth approximately $9.9 million and receive a signing bonus of approximately $4.2 million. The second pick of the round will receive a $9.8 million contract with a $4.15 million signing bonus. The numbers decrease each pick until the 32nd pick where the player will receive a $6.17 million contract with a $1.49 million signing bonus.

The first pick of the third round will sign a contract worth approximately $5.85 million and receive a signing bonus of approximately $1.26 million. The second pick of the round will receive a $5.83 million contract with a $1.245 million signing bonus. The numbers decrease each pick until the 39th pick where the player will receive a $5.366 million contract with a $903,220 signing bonus.
Assume a bit of a bump for this season, and to make the math easier, we’ll say the first pic of the second round signs a $10M contract, including a $4.5M dollar signing bonus, for an average of $2.5M per season. The signing bonus is guaranteed, and he would have to be a complete bust to be released after one year, even two years. He’s looking at $6-7M ‘more or less‘ guaranteed. And all likelihood, the full contract.

All in a quarterback heavy draft, with maybe a half dozen quarterbacks ranked ahead of him? Ignore mock drafts. Two years ago draft sites predicted Malik Willis going third overall to Detroit and ended up going third round to Tennessee, 86th overall. There’s always guys draft pundits boost up and end up falling multiple rounds by people who actually make those decisions.

No idea what kind of NIL opportunities he would have in Miami but based on what we read in the media about NIL for star players, maybe $2.5M? Maybe I’m too high, or maybe I’m undervaluing him.

His wager is can he improve his draft stock enough with another excellent season in college, and perhaps a weaker QB class, to boost himself into the first round, or even the first half of the first round in 2025? Can playing one season at Miami, with an excellent OL, strong running game, and solid-very good supporting skill players allow him to showcase his skills even more? Or has he reached a ceiling in college and is this the time to bet on himself at the next level?

Last edited:
Advertisement
So are we looking at Nelson with Howard pushing him out at USC or with Riley possibly out at USC?

Last edited:
His grade is 2-3
Ariz works with agents and he said he is a 3rd day pick. I am wondering who is right? Could Ward just be saying that to negotiate a higher NIL offer. His offer is solid, coaches should tell him to take it or leave it and move on.

Advertisement
Back