The ATM (12/18)

View as article
Advertisement
Why is that when the difference from first round or even early second compared to late second to third can be tens of millions... I guess he shouldn't have confidence in his abilities. Seems pretty wild how some people talk about him on here. To have the results he had on a pretty shifty team with a crap oline & not much talent should say alot.

I don't disagree but there are a lot of variables, at least from Ward's perspective I'd imagine. What if he gets hurt? What if the 7-5 team he's considering transferring to isn't any better than Wazzou? What if it's a deeper 2024 QB class that he thinks it will be?

I want him in Orange and Green because I think he's the best QB in the portal and I have no doubt he is supremely confident in his abilities. But if he's getting a 2nd-3rd round grade right now, that's NFL money on the table. Could there be even better money to come if he balls out one more year in college? Absolutely, but everything in this business is a calculated risk.

Ariz works with agents and he said he is a 3rd day pick. I am wondering who is right? Could Ward just be saying that to negotiate a higher NIL offer. His offer is solid, coaches should tell him to take it or leave it and move on.
Am I now supposed to dispute what Pete is telling yall? That ain't me. I do find it amusing now that Pete's buddies from 7th round management are supposedly the draft day experts apparently. All I know is what I've heard. Who knows what happens but even as a third day pick that's still far more than we're willing to give him.

I don't disagree but there are a lot of variables, at least from Ward's perspective I'd imagine. What if he gets hurt? What if the 7-5 team he's considering transferring to isn't any better than Wazzou? What if it's a deeper 2024 QB class that he thinks it will be?

I want him in Orange and Green because I think he's the best QB in the portal and I have no doubt he is supremely confident in his abilities. But if he's getting a 2nd-3rd round grade right now, that's NFL money on the table. Could there be even better money to come if he balls out one more year in college? Absolutely, but everything in this business is a calculated risk.
That's the point though. There's alot of variables that only he can gauge for his situation. How can anyone on here say what he should do in what situation when we don't know his priorities or what contributes to them.

Advertisement
Am I now supposed to dispute what Pete is telling yall? That ain't me. I do find it amusing now that Pete's buddies from 7th round management are supposedly the draft day experts apparently. All I know is what I've heard. Who knows what happens but even as a third day pick that's still far more than we're willing to give him.
No sweat man, I was just asking if you heard that directly from someone who would be in the know of his draft grade. Thanks for the reply brother.

No sweat man, I was just asking if you heard that directly from someone who would be in the know of his draft grade. Thanks for the reply brother.
Ahh. K. My bad. Yeah I've heard that from some people who should definitely be in the know. I have a lil more in depth of a view with cams situation.

Why is that when the difference from first round or even early second compared to late second to third can be tens of millions... I guess he shouldn't have confidence in his abilities. Seems pretty wild how some people talk about him on here. To have the results he had on a pretty shifty team with a crap oline & not much talent should say alot.

I can tell from most of the porsts in this thread that people just don’t ******* get it. You do, but good luck making people understand what’s going on.

Advertisement
So are we saying here that the 2m number being thrown around is false? Or are we comparing the entirety of a 3rd-4th rd NFL contract to what we offer for 1 year?

Day 2 grade until the combine and pro day. Kids got elite release speed and a great arm. He needs to be refined, footwork etc. It looks like a kid who was a wing T QB for most of his younger years. He wouldn’t be picked day 2.

At earliest round 4-5
I don't know what's so **** hard about saying " I hope the kid doesn't declare and stays in school or comes to the U"

Yall come up with these outlandish takes that scream " I don't have an earthly clue what I'm talking about".

This kid looks like a wing T QB project? Bruh. Bruuuuh. Bruuuuuuuuuhhhhhh

Be Smart R Kelly GIF by Myles Hi

Advertisement
Is this both Howard and Ward negotiating?

Confidence it will be done by ESD?
@DMoney
Probably SIAP but earlier today SI and others posted Howard to USC as a done deal... so seems we are on the WARD watch, and then KJ Jefferson or whatever Plan C if that doesnt happen.

Cam’s best play is to go to the draft next year (when it’s not as QB heavy). With Miami’s stout OL, he’s also likely to have fewer fumbles (and TOs in general). That will boost his stock for the NFL draft.

This delay is a leverage play but I personally think that at this point in time (with early NSD right on the doorstep) his best play is to negotiate until tomorrow evening at the latest & then sign with Miami tomorrow night (prior to NSD) so he can bring as many top flight recruits with him as possible (like JS). He will look great throwing to a generational talent like JJ plus George, Trader, Brashard, Horton, Ray Ray, Robbie, Ny Carr, Chance and any high quality Portal candidates we bring in.

Cam showing out at Miami (with an awesome supporting cast that he helps to bring in) will ultimately create the most value (especially in the long run).

If he keeps adding talent how he’s doing it,in the years to come he will be a 10 game winner every season without having to coach much. Talent overcomes a lot of coaching deficiencies
Aint that Wild how people here don't seem to realize that. This is the same fan base that screams of the top of our lungs, saying 2001 Hurricanes are the best team ever, which arguably speaking, we were. Guess what? Larry ****** Coker was our coach. So unless somebody's trying to say Larry Coker was some kind of ****** genius. They should probably shut the **** up and realize coordinators play a far bigger role than the head coach when it comes to game day coaching... As long as our coordinators are on point we'll be just fine.

Advertisement
So are we saying here that the 2m number being thrown around is false? Or are we comparing the entirety of a 3rd-4th rd NFL contract to what we offer for 1 year?
That would be the perfect NIL offer, actually.
We match your 1 year expected salary based on projected draft status.
You get another year behind an incredible o-line, on a team being built to compete for a Natty right now, and raise your draft status. Make tons more $ in the long run.

Dude says yes - means he wants to be here. Says no - means he just cares about money and not making a run at a natty. Doesn’t sound like a ruthless killer who wants to win. That’s not really a Cristobal guy, if you think about it.

Aint that Wild how people here don't seem to realize that. This is the same fan base that screams of the top of our lungs, saying 2001 Hurricanes are the best team ever, which arguably speaking, we were. Guess what? Larry ****** Coker was our coach. So unless somebody's trying to say Larry Coker was some kind of ****** genius. They should probably shut the **** up and realize coordinators play a far bigger role than the head coach when it comes to game day coaching... As long as our coordinators are on point we'll be just fine.
Dee is not playing this week. You know its going to be a great finish when he's putting his nuts on the table telling everyone I TOLD YOU SO .

I love it.

Advertisement
Back