The ATM (12/18)

View as article
Advertisement
- QBs are still negotiating. Canes working hard and remain confident in their process. Let’s see.

- I expect good news soon on a couple key targets. Stay locked on CanesInSight.

- I still think we get a clean sweep of this weekend’s visitors.
Good news on a couple key targets? We talkin key to the city type of key or shed key?

Just wanna add, reading the tea leaves but Mario didn't sound like a wounded duck this morning on the Joe Rose show. I know he can't sound like the world is collapsing rn, but it actually sounded very upbeat and optimistic. we've all heard previous interviews where he just gave pretty low hum coach speak on those calls. I personally will take this as an indicator of good things to come ie. a great QB in the fold.

- QBs are still negotiating. Canes working hard and remain confident in their process. Let’s see.

👀 weekend visitors u say I know a certain 5 star player that was visiting

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's deciding between going pro and transferring to Miami. Huge decision. I'd be taking my time also.

Like I’ve been saying, and this is just my opinion, I think it’s a money thing. Weighing second day QB dollars versus NIL dollars and potential future first day dollars if he stays in college. It’s a calculation. In essence, a decision tree and net present value calculation. I’m not saying that’s all of it, but I have to think that’s part of it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Like I’ve been saying, and this is just my opinion, I think it’s a money thing. Weighing second day QB dollars versus NIL dollars and potential future first day dollars if he stays in college. It’s a calculation. In essence, a decision tree and net present value calculation. I’m not saying that’s all of i, but I have to think that’s part of it.
Agreed. He has to believe there is a path to day one of the draft if he is going to comeback for another year or the money is just too good to pass up. Sounds like Miami wasn't willing to give him the number he wanted to make the decision easy. Now he's got to make the tough decision.

Agreed. He has to believe there is a path to day one of the draft if he is going to comeback for another year or the money is just too good to pass up. Sounds like Miami wasn't willing to give him the number he wanted to make the decision easy. Now he's got to make the tough decision.

The number to make the decision easy may not be a number that anyone would be willing to give him. It’s also possible we gave him a very good offer, but he still has to weigh it, it’s a complicated decision. Obviously, we’re not going give him $50 million or some other crazy amount. It would almost literally have to be a crazy amount to make it easy for him.

Again, this is all just speculation on my part, but @Brooklyndee has referenced it, so there’s some logic to this line of thinking.

Advertisement
Back