The 2015 Arkansas Offense

Who says he is going to run a traditional pro style O? Lincoln Riley was an Air Raid Leach disciple prior to being the OC at Oklahoma. He (and Bedenbaugh) decided to add a power run element after seeing how the team was built. My guess is Enos will use a lot of uptempo spread out of the pro style.

Advertisement
Who says he is going to run a traditional pro style O? Lincoln Riley was an Air Raid Leach disciple prior to being the OC at Oklahoma. He (and Bedenbaugh) decided to add a power run element after seeing how the team was built. My guess is Enos will use a lot of uptempo spread out of the pro style.

He seems to be a very good QB coach and we will always have good skill kids - sharp guys can succeed anywhere if they are flexible so let’s hope he is. We need to hit a grand slam, or at least a home run, with the OL coach.

Even Saban has had to bend the knee and go more and more towards motion and modern concepts. He's had to adjust the defense he ideally wants to run in response to these offenses because they are so difficult to stop.

Right, and no one is suggesting that we're going to run the veer.

First off Alabama ran a “pro style” in 2018?

Did Clemson?

How about any of the top 10-20 offenses what schemes do they run

Advertisement
How many of that top 15 run pro style offenses?

Attachments

• 909B445D-2387-489E-B8F2-4914C2D24202.jpeg
    909B445D-2387-489E-B8F2-4914C2D24202.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 77
Sarcasm just means you have no way of actually discussing it. Why are we the only program that has to take o-linemen from our geographic area?

If you think Miami’s going to consistently get SEC-esque along the OL by simply starting to recruit nationally then knock yourself out bud. Let’s see how it goes. If we look like Bama up front in 2 years we will all be very happy. I feel like you should email Manny and suggest it since you’re implying that’s the reason we have had average to ****** OL the last 30 years with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions. I bet no one else has ever thought of it.

Advertisement
If you think Miami’s going to consistently get SEC-esque along the OL by simply starting to recruit nationally then knock yourself out bud. Let’s see how it goes. If we look like Bama up front in 2 years we will all be very happy. I feel like you should email Manny and suggest it since you’re implying that’s the reason we have had average to ****** OL the last 30 years with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions. I bet no one else has ever thought of it.

The irony is pretty thick......

On the offense: "We have to think outside the box and come up with new approaches."

On the o-line: "Welp, we have to just continue doing what we've always done."

But you don't see yet another contradiction.

Clemson (non-SEC team) seems to be able to find OL around the country. They don't feel restricted to Pickens County.

This is what we are hoping for. That is Dan Enos's first year at Arkansas. They were the 4th best offense in the country according to Football Outsiders. Brandon Allen went from 71st in passer rating to 6th.

That was also the last year they had some legit NFL talent. That team had two NFL running backs in Jonathan Williams (5th) and Alex Collins (5th). They also had two NFL TEs in Hunter Henry (2nd) and Jeremy Sprinkle (5th) and featured them heavily. None of their receivers were very good.

The talent fell off a cliff after 2015, and the offense was decent but not great after that (39th and 43rd per FO). The year after Enos left, they fell apart and dropped over fifty spots to 97th in the country under former Clemson OC Chad Morris.

It's a surprising hire. Alabama and Georgia wanted this guy and his reputation among SEC coaches is strong. But he is a pro style guy. My hope is that he takes our offensive talent (which is better than 2015 Arkansas) and gets the same elite results.

Here he is against Manny Diaz:

D$ didnt you read WTH's post?

This isnt the approved narrative from Gator fans. Please reconsider this.

Advertisement
He seems to be a very good QB coach and we will always have good skill kids - sharp guys can succeed anywhere if they are flexible so let’s hope he is. We need to hit a grand slam, or at least a home run, with the OL coach.

Miami has pro style DNA. That's one of the U's biggest selling points. NFL scouts seem to love it too. Enos almost certainly evolves the pro style to incorporate more spread based on what Diaz says he wants. Here is a write up on the pro style spread.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...flex-tight-end-jordan-leggett-jake-butt-saban

As much as I would love watching the Air Raid, it is also a fact that no team running the Air Raid has ever won a national championship. So pro style with spread concepts is the way to go.

Last edited:
The irony is pretty thick......

On the offense: "We have to think outside the box and come up with new approaches."

On the o-line: "Welp, we have to just continue doing what we've always done."

But you don't see yet another contradiction.

You are approaching it as if it’s simply a decision to recruit nationally and then magically have a good OL. I’m looking at the reality of how hard it is to land elite offensive linemen nationally, even 2 or 3, let alone the 5-6 a year it takes to maintain what those programs do on offenses. You cannot just say “herp derp we are now recruiting nationally and good at OL”, snap your fingers, and make it so. Last comment from me to you - if you think that model is best for us, go crazy. I disagree. We’ve had average to ****** OL for most of the last 30 years. Maybe this time’s the charm and Jaromir Jagr from CanesInSight has the solution figured out. I suggest that it’s not as easy as “recruit nationally”. Have a good day.

Advertisement
He doesn't fit the attacking, modern offense Diaz talked about.

Here are his offenses when he was the head man at CMichigan:

2009: 23rd

2010: 49th
2011: 57th
2012: 64th
2013: 110th
2014: 70th

In other words, trash. No confidence in this hire but will wait until spring.

What stats are used for these rankings because his yards per play rankings are better than the ones shown here.

Miami has pro style DNA. That's one of the U's biggest selling points. NFL scouts seem to love it too. Enos almost certainly evolves the pro style to incorporate more spread based on what Diaz says he wants. Here is a write up on the pro style spread.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...flex-tight-end-jordan-leggett-jake-butt-saban

No offense but I hate that mindset. We have sucked for a long time relative to our talent. When we were good we were either innovative (especially on defense in the 80s) or had the best players (Butch/Coker). Dade/Broward kids are giving us the stink face left and right, we better figure out how to have a schematic advantage again at some point.

I love D$ but
One more thing on Enos: every college coach I’ve heard from, either directly or indirectly, says this guy is a stud. A former SEC defensive coordinator said he hated playing Arkansas because of Enos.

I love you D$ and I hope you’re right but you’re trying too hard selling this cat.

Advertisement
Back