The 2015 Arkansas Offense

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
This is what we are hoping for. That is Dan Enos's first year at Arkansas. They were the 4th best offense in the country according to Football Outsiders. Brandon Allen went from 71st in passer rating to 6th.

That was also the last year they had some legit NFL talent. That team had two NFL running backs in Jonathan Williams (5th) and Alex Collins (5th). They also had two NFL TEs in Hunter Henry (2nd) and Jeremy Sprinkle (5th) and featured them heavily. None of their receivers were very good.

The talent fell off a cliff after 2015, and the offense was decent but not great after that (39th and 43rd per FO). The year after Enos left, they fell apart and dropped over fifty spots to 97th in the country under former Clemson OC Chad Morris.

It's a surprising hire. Alabama and Georgia wanted this guy and his reputation among SEC coaches is strong. But he is a pro style guy. My hope is that he takes our offensive talent (which is better than 2015 Arkansas) and gets the same elite results.

Here he is against Manny Diaz:

Advertisement
I could care less if our O is pro style or spread. Pro Style helps with recruiting sure but either are fine. I care about points and Bama ( and arkansas when they had talent) put up a crap ton of points. This hire is far better then I expected as I thought we would get a guy with some down side but who is good like fedora or Applewhite instead we got the guy Bama was hoping would be there OC. Nuff said really.

Advertisement
He was there 3 seasons and they got worse along the line, kinda like richt. Positive I have seen is he seems to be good with QBs.

Negative is offense that he was head of got worse over years, and he runs more pro style offense while at arky. He was just qb coach at bama (which he did well in his position) but wasnt OC, so wasnt his O. Not really cutting edge and modern.

Advertisement
This is what we are hoping for. That is Dan Enos's first year at Arkansas. They were the 4th best offense in the country according to Football Outsiders. Brandon Allen went from 71st in passer rating to 6th.

That was also the last year they had some legit NFL talent. That team had two NFL running backs in Jonathan Williams (5th) and Alex Collins (5th). They also had two NFL TEs in Hunter Henry (2nd) and Jeremy Sprinkle (5th) and featured them heavily. None of their receivers were very good.

The talent fell off a cliff after 2015, and the offense was decent but not great after that (39th and 43rd per FO). The year after Enos left, they fell apart and dropped over fifty spots to 97th in the country under former Clemson OC Chad Morris.

It's a surprising hire. Alabama and Georgia wanted this guy and his reputation among SEC coaches is strong. But he is a pro style guy. My hope is that he takes our offensive talent (which is better than 2015 Arkansas) and gets the same elite results.

Here he is against Manny Diaz:

@DMoney, do you think we go after/land Jalen Hurts? And if so, is Martel the backup (literally) because I expect Perry and Williams to bolt.

Well we better hope we can get some NFL talent so he can succeed because the OL and QB room isn’t looking close to even XFL talent.

The fact that UGA and Bama wanted this guy, is why we shouldn't.

I don't want to do what Kirby Smart wants to do on offense. I don't want to slow the game down. I don't want to refuse to use motion. I don't want to have to out talent the other teams.

Having to point to the year where Ark had a bunch of NFL talent, to show where his scheme had success, is the exact problem.

Advertisement
Only Miami fans who actually can be mad about this are the ones who are just mad because it is someone they didn't expect. This guy's track record is far better then Martin , Applewhite or any of the actual possibilities . Not Fedora but he didn't want to be a OC again it seems.

Advertisement
The fact that UGA and Bama wanted this guy, is why we shouldn't.

I don't want to do what Kirby Smart wants to do on offense. I don't want to slow the game down. I don't want to refuse to use motion. I don't want to have to out talent the other teams.

Having to point to the year where Ark had a bunch of NFL talent, to show where his scheme had success, is the exact problem.
What UGA and Bama do is totally different so that angle doesn't work. And all that matters is scoring points. Not how it is done.

Only Miami fans who actually can be mad about this are the ones who are just mad because it is someone they didn't expect. This guy's track record is far better then Martin , Applewhite or any of the actual possibilities . Not Fedora but he didn't want to be a OC again it seems.

Most of us were hoping we would go to Texas State or something to get our OC. The idea that we are mad because we didn't expect him, is just excuse making.

People are upset because his scheme is not a modern, offensive scheme. It's not a bunch of motion and jet sweep. Every fan would have been perfectly happy with that scheme, regardless of the "Name" that was attached to it.

Pro Style U, baby!

That Arkansas offense also had a ******* mammoth OL. Believe its average weight was more than all but two NFL teams at the time.

Advertisement
Back