That Tennessee offense!

Some of y’all will make every excuse in the world for yo boy Mario.

But his offensive philosophy is directly the reason our record is what it is, so far.

With half the play calling of Tennessee we’re at worse 5-1.

We look much better on offense, move the ball so much better the last few games, and still, it’s take 7+ mins of offense just to have a chance at a FG.

This **** trash.

Y’all gon wake up one day tho.

Cause he’ll have this roster littered with talent, average 8 - 10 wins a year.. but you’ll wonder why he can’t get it done. And that’s when many of us will simply say “Told yo dumb *** this since before he was hired” 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Advertisement
They’re better this year than they were with Heupel. UCF literally got worse every year he was there. He knows offense but didn’t bother recruiting and once the players he inherited left, he went 6-4 and ditched the program for UT.

Get off my ****.
Who tf big name recruit picks UCF???

Reason why Tennessee is so good on offense is because someone can take the top off the defense and smoke defensive backs with speed.

We dont have anyone with Hyatt speed. We are on cruise control. And that limits the schematic passing game. We could scheme these things up for us, but we couldn't execute it.

I've said it multiple times, speed and athletic ability kill it at the wide receiver position. From that perspective, we are not very good. The fact that we have a Juco College transfer come in and be the leading receiver next to the Clemson reject with drop and injury problems tells me all I need to know about the so-called talent we have on the outside.

When was the last time we really had someone stretching the field vertically the way Hyatt did yesterday? Or the last time we looked at a receiver and went "****, he is blazing fast"?
You’ve been on fire with the bad takes 🔥🔥🔥

Advertisement
Big win for Tenn, but Bama definitely helped them along the way with penalties, huge ST mistake (sound familiar?).

Vols needed OT to beat Pitt and only beat Gators by 5. I wouldn’t anoint anyone just yet.
If Miami accomplished all that we would crown the **** out of ourselves and deservedly so. I’m not mad at UT for beating 2 teams that I hate.

Me saying we don't have a receiver with Hyatts speed is a bad take? Okay, dude, sure.

Point out to me who ran a 10.4 100m in our receiving corps. Tell me. Can we stack outside and let a receiver run against a safety? Sure. Can we outrun the safety? I don't see it.
Lol nvm man

Advertisement
Reason why Tennessee is so good on offense is because someone can take the top off the defense and smoke defensive backs with speed.

We dont have anyone with Hyatt speed. We are on cruise control. And that limits the schematic passing game. We could scheme these things up for us, but we couldn't execute it.

I've said it multiple times, speed and athletic ability kill it at the wide receiver position. From that perspective, we are not very good. The fact that we have a Juco College transfer come in and be the leading receiver next to the Clemson reject with drop and injury problems tells me all I need to know about the so-called talent we have on the outside.

When was the last time we really had someone stretching the field vertically the way Hyatt did yesterday? Or the last time we looked at a receiver and went "****, he is blazing fast"?
Disagree this kid wasn't a top wide receiver coming out. He was good but don't make him out to be Calvin Johnson. Jeezus you are a prisoner of the moment.

If only we had gotten The Lane Train, or at least hired Brady, Briles, Lebby, or a number of the other guys that were rumored as OC.

Instead, we’re left with the **** that is our offensive scheme, which has looked a little better the past 2 weeks, but is still mightily struggling to put up points. I suspect that 20 or 24 points won’t be good enough next week against Duke, or any of the teams left on our schedule. Duke has 35 tonight against the Heels, we only managed to score 24.

Also, the Holes are playing tough, competitive, and disciplined ball every week. They gave Clemson all they could handle tonight. I don’t see us winning that game, and the Clemson game could get ugly real quick.

No one on this site can honestly tell me that Duke has more talent than us, or that they weren’t a bigger “rebuild”, as many of you are claiming that we now are. Yet Duke has looked miles better than us this season with a brand new HC and staff.

Bottom line is that our staph sucks, and not having the most talented squad that we’ve ever had really compounds it all.

I give FSU credit for not quitting. But they’re still losing.
They lost by 10 to Wake, at home.
Nc State isnt a good team without Leary.
They were down by 20 to Clemson with 9 and change to go.
FSU better not sleep on GT after the game last night.

One other thing.
FSU was 2-4 at this time last year, with a loss to JSU with trier sucky first year staff.

We’ll have some guys back for FSU.
If you’ve been around a while, you should know it will be close.

Last edited:
Disagree this kid wasn't a top wide receiver coming out. He was good but don't make him out to be Calvin Johnson. Jeezus you are a prisoner of the moment.
The point is that he is fast as ****. We dont have anyone who is fast as ****

Advertisement
I give FSU credit for not quitting. But they’re still losing.
They lost by 10 to Wake, at home.
Nc State isnt a good team without Leary.
They were down by 20 to Clemson with 9 and change to go.
FSU better not sleep on GT after the game last night.

One other thing.
FSU was 2-4 at this time last year, with a loss to JSU with trier sucky first year staff.

We’ll have some guys back for FSU.
If you’ve been around a while, you should know it will be close.
Last year was Norvell’s second season, not his first.

Mario and staff have not shown me anything that tells me we will be able to score 30 points or more against a P5 opponent, which spells trouble against all of our remaining foes.

VT is a horrible team, and we managed only 20. The Heels D is buns, and we only managed 24.

Getting some guys back might help some, but not going up tempo has really hurt our chances to score more points, in my opinion.

Holy chit! Lol. Bro, growing up watching The Bears in the old NFC North w/ the Sucs…man, the easiest two wins on the schedule for yrs. Ppl forget just how bad The Bucs were b/c we have Thomas Edwards Patrick Brady Jr now.
FIFY. We still do ish like take a kicker 2nd round as recently as '16, but yea it was sweet for yall until we got this dude knocking out his own bro in law who played for Chi lol.

BTW, I may be a lil bias cause I dont think D. Brooks got the love he deserved while playing, but Urlacher was a lil overrated to me.....

You’ve been on fire with the bad takes 🔥🔥🔥
Hold up. How can y’all actually watch these games and not see how slow we are?! 11 ran a 10.4 100 meters. None of our wrs are that fast. That speed is the difference between catching a long pass and ALMOST scoring. vs. 80 yard tds. How many times do we complete a long pass and get tackled. Only to fck up later in the drive and not score. That’s where all those empty yards we have come from. it also doesn’t help that we have one of the least athletic qbs I’ve seen in a while. Tennessee’s offense uses the qb run or threat of it to open up other things in that o. We don’t have that threat because TVD is slow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If only we had gotten The Lane Train, or at least hired Brady, Briles, Lebby, or a number of the other guys that were rumored as OC.

Instead, we’re left with the **** that is our offensive scheme, which has looked a little better the past 2 weeks, but is still mightily struggling to put up points. I suspect that 20 or 24 points won’t be good enough next week against Duke, or any of the teams left on our schedule. Duke has 35 tonight against the Heels, we only managed to score 24.

Also, the Holes are playing tough, competitive, and disciplined ball every week. They gave Clemson all they could handle tonight. I don’t see us winning that game, and the Clemson game could get ugly real quick.

No one on this site can honestly tell me that Duke has more talent than us, or that they weren’t a bigger “rebuild”, as many of you are claiming that we now are. Yet Duke has looked miles better than us this season with a brand new HC and staff.

Bottom line is that our staph sucks, and not having the most talented squad that we’ve ever had really compounds it all.
Mario was never going to hire Briles, Lebby or Golesh. He wants 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust with 2-3 play actions to the TE for 15y a game. That's his offense. Dialing up 7 step drop switch routes that are boom or bust ain't his thing. ****- this Gattis OC'd team f'd up 4 verts!

I will say that we have no team speed.
HOW?! Those 4-5 star ratings are given at BS camps where guys sprint, jump high and jump far and if they're tall enough + win the underwear olympics = those ratings Miami players all have.

You get slower by focusing on powerlifting and bodybuilding, never sprinting max velo, and by #GrindSZN'ing your team to death.

Tenn looked fast, their FB S&C coach is connected to Zach Dechant, who is a major influence over TCU S&C
Tulane looks FAST, their FB S&C is Kurt Hester.
Minnesota's M and W hockey are a combined 7-1, their S&C coach is Cal Dietz.
Bama has David Ballou who was hired to be the opposite of the Cochran/Feld tree
Michigan has Ben Herbert, a big time influence on VBT and speed work in S&C

Miami pulls top 15 classes every year with bozos like Manny and Golden running the show. We never needed a recruiting ace, we ain’t Nebraska, we need an X and Os guy who can actually work on GAMEDAYS

I think the days of an autopilot top 15 class are gone, both Richt and Manny's classes were headed down the toilet fast and with gigantic holes. We'll have to do the work and we will have to evaluate players a lot better too. Bad evaluations of who we recruit has killed us, too.

Advertisement
Back