That Tennessee offense!

Advertisement
Advertisement
A team like Bama with Bryce Young the Heisman winner gonna get points. Dude is too good. But to go toe to toe with them. What a game. Best I’ve seen all season.
Cute excuse. Too bad they done it to more teams than just Bama.

Advertisement
Tennessee has quietly recruited at a pretty high level for a while, they’ve just corched themselves out of contention for years. Heupel is a legit offensive coach who can go toe to toe with anyone in regards to X’s and O’s.

If only we had gotten The Lane Train, or at least hired Brady, Briles, Lebby, or a number of the other guys that were rumored as OC.

Instead, we’re left with the **** that is our offensive scheme, which has looked a little better the past 2 weeks, but is still mightily struggling to put up points. I suspect that 20 or 24 points won’t be good enough next week against Duke, or any of the teams left on our schedule. Duke has 35 tonight against the Heels, we only managed to score 24.

Also, the Holes are playing tough, competitive, and disciplined ball every week. They gave Clemson all they could handle tonight. I don’t see us winning that game, and the Clemson game could get ugly real quick.

No one on this site can honestly tell me that Duke has more talent than us, or that they weren’t a bigger “rebuild”, as many of you are claiming that we now are. Yet Duke has looked miles better than us this season with a brand new HC and staff.

Bottom line is that our staph sucks, and not having the most talented squad that we’ve ever had really compounds it all.

Advertisement
I’ve been stumping for Heupel since 2018...

That’s why anytime people mention Leach I always say his disciples are significantly better than him.

They took his & Hal Mumme’s elite revolutionary passing concepts & combined with the Spread rushing attack.

And now in modern day Football it’s the most difficult Offense to defend against & literally levels the playing field, even when you’re up against defensive talent that far outweighs you & is better overall athletically.

I know I’m a broken record, but this is where my frustration has come from with this program for such a long **** time & why I (used to lol) have such impassioned debates with people on here who for whatever reason were against us becoming a more high powered Offensive centric team & thought that we needed to transform into “tUfF & FiZiCuLL!” Lol.

A team like Tenn couldn’t have beat Bama any other way; when you’re overmatched against a team that has a significant talent advantage over you, your best bet is to make it a shoot out & the only way you can hang in a shoot out is if you’re equipped to do it, which means you have to throw the Football a lot... I know, I know that sacrilegious, but in today’s game, you can’t win big games like this without a potent offense & unless you have a roster like UGA’s or an OL & Defense like Michigan’s, you’re not gonna pound the rock to victory against really good teams like Bama.

Yes it’s about “Jimmy’s & Joe’s!”, but whether people realize it or not X’s & O’s are just as/if not more important. Having a good Offense is the most key cog in today’s era to be a winning program, that doesn’t mean you’ll win a Natty just because of your Offense (I’m not saying that), but if you want to be a 10+ win team & a perennial contender you’re gonna have a really rough go of it if you don’t have an Offense.

#SchemeMatters

Advertisement
If only we had gotten The Lane Train, or at least hired Brady, Briles, Lebby, or a number of the other guys that were rumored as OC.

Instead, we’re left with the **** that is our offensive scheme, which has looked a little better the past 2 weeks, but is still mightily struggling to put up points. I suspect that 20 or 24 points won’t be good enough next week against Duke, or any of the teams left on our schedule. Duke has 35 tonight against the Heels, we only managed to score 24.

Also, the Holes are playing tough, competitive, and disciplined ball every week. They gave Clemson all they could handle tonight. I don’t see us winning that game, and the Clemson game could get ugly real quick.

No one on this site can honestly tell me that Duke has more talent than us, or that they weren’t a bigger “rebuild”, as many of you are claiming that we now are. Yet Duke has looked miles better than us this season with a brand new HC and staff.

Bottom line is that our staph sucks, and not having the most talented squad that we’ve ever had really compounds it all.
Yes, there is no real explanation for why Duke is more competitive than us. I will say that we have no team speed. Perhaps our coaches are "Big Names" only.

Advertisement
Back