Texas S Adrian Colbert visiting this weekend

Worst case scenario is he plays special teams and spares some of our starters from doing it. I don't see an issue with taking him.

Advertisement
Sounds like Mike Williams all over again.

Just no. The hate for grad transfers on here is just weird.

Colbert is an elite athlete. No just good, elite. He's 6'2", 200lbs, and would be the fastest player on our team. He'd be a great 1 year rental

Who got benched in favor of a true freshman on a 5-7 team.

Didn't Russel Wilson transfer because the coach O'Brien chose Mike Glennon over him?

Didn't Russel Wilson transfer because the coach O'Brien chose Mike Glennon over him?

Oh so now Adrian Colbert is the next Russel Wilson? Wow. I've heard everything. Geez.

Kidding. Our fans are the worst. Sign him up.

I don't understand why people bash grad transfers so much. If they ending contributing then great and if they end up sucking then they won't play and will be gone next year.

One player can make a tremendous difference when it comes to depth. We are gonna have to go this route a couple of years and if an elite athlete like this comes along, grab him, coach him up and at the very least you have one more guy.

Advertisement
This is an obvious take just for the reason that we need functional bodies to practice.

Advertisement
I don't understand why people bash grad transfers so much. If they ending contributing then great and if they end up sucking then they won't play and will be gone next year.

Because there's a certain segment of our fanbase that remain butthurt when we pass on local high school "gems" that they won't shut up about the entire year leading into NSD that amazingly somehow fly under everyone else's radar too and end up at FIU or Marshall. Then when we lack depth a few seasons later they view it as an opportunity to lash out at giving any spot to a grad transfer even if we have space.

Advertisement
This will be better than any of the Al Specials we had or walk on for this fall. He will be a rotational player at the least.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back