Texas S Adrian Colbert visiting this weekend

Advertisement
Big pick up. If nothing
else, then for depth and STs. I think he will at minimum be in the S rotation though? and he has a leg up on the other DBs in knowing what Diaz expects from his safeties. Even bigger pickup if he can play corner, definitely has the athletic ability but it obviously takes much more then that. We will see. Spring is going to tell us a lot about the defensive backfield.

Advertisement
Chuckie Strong runs off players a la Al Golden. His program, his agenda, his players. That is how new coaches buy time. How soon do some people forget Al's plan, or maybe they still don't understand how that works. These guys go into dump mode ruining existing rosters in order to convince BOTs and ADs that they need their players and that will take 3 -4 years. I remember the "axiom" that explained the type of coach "who can beat you with his players and then beat you with your players". Texas is a 5-7 team that has no use for a 5th year senior in the "plan". Bring him in ...... can't hurt.

Sounds like Mike Williams all over again.

Just no. The hate for grad transfers on here is just weird.

Colbert is an elite athlete. No just good, elite. He's 6'2", 200lbs, and would be the fastest player on our team. He'd be a great 1 year rental

Who got benched in favor of a true freshman on a 5-7 team.

Didn't Russel Wilson transfer because the coach O'Brien chose Mike Glennon over him?

It seems likely that Wilson picked WIsconsin because the team was very strong and NC State hadn't won very much while he was there, despite Wilson's heroics. Wisconsin was already one of the favorites to win the Big Ten before Wilson transferred.

My guess at why Auburn was in the running was that Gus Malzahn had done an excellent job at Auburn getting the most out of Cam Newton, another athletic quarterback with a big arm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did you ever consider that he was playing in a dysfunctional program for a coach doing anything to save his job? Charlie Strong messed with this kid, much Golden put players in the dog house for no apparent reason. Welcome to the U.

Colbert is an elite athlete. No just good, elite. He's 6'2", 200lbs, and would be the fastest player on our team. He'd be a great 1 year rental

Did you ever consider that he was playing in a dysfunctional program for a coach doing anything to save his job? Charlie Strong messed with this kid, much Golden put players in the dog house for no apparent reason. Welcome to the U.

If a coach was doing anything and everything in his power to win games, he'd play the best player. This is particularly true when he could've helped them last season and this upcoming one.

Perhaps he wasn't a good fit for what they were doing, there was some behind the scenes stuff, or who knows what. Most likely though he just never developed for whatever reason and got beat out. Anything we get, even if it's practice depth, it's a plus when we're low in numbers at the two positions he can play.

Advertisement
Why the Corn Elder hate?

Corn is one of my favorite players on the team but I don't see how he has the #1 corner spot locked up? He's never played the #1 corner position, never had to cover the other teams best receiver.... He's a great player, was considered a better player than Jalen Ramsey out of the state of Tennessee coming out his recruiting class. Just saying he has to compete like everybody else.

Why the Corn Elder hate?

Corn is one of my favorite players on the team but I don't see how he has the #1 corner spot locked up? He's never played the #1 corner position, never had to cover the other teams best receiver.... He's a great player, was considered a better player than Jalen Ramsey out of the state of Tennessee coming out his recruiting class. Just saying he has to compete like everybody else.

All players at all levels of football have to continuously compete for their starting jobs.
That doesn't explain the hate directed at Elder and also, at times, to Yearby.
Garbage fanbase we have.

Advertisement
Back