Texas HS player body slam ref

Advertisement
Which is assault and battery

Yes, from a legal standpoint. From a real life standpoint its a mistake made by a teenager whose life is likely always under a spotlight.

In my opinion, a bigger mistake would be made if that refs decided to press charges. (assuming there's not some major back story to this kid).

Keep in mind my comments were made more so in response to the lynch mob that formed on page one of this thread than to the on-field act itself.

If he had any ability and aspirations to play college ball it took a crash after this.

I dont know about that. The common sense result is a public apology, a one on one apology and some anger management sessions and you move forward in life. No need to overhype it. Its a teenage kid who F'ed up on camera.

Yes, from a legal standpoint. From a real life standpoint its a mistake made by a teenager whose life is likely always under a spotlight.

In my opinion, a bigger mistake would be made if that refs decided to press charges. (assuming there's not some major back story to this kid).

Keep in mind my comments were made more so in response to the lynch mob that formed on page one of this thread than to the on-field act itself.
Why wouldn’t the referee press charges? This kid is a thug and should be punished. Letting him off with an apology for a blind side hit this vicious would be a travesty. He did not just push the guy he laid into him intentionally.

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t the referee press charges? This kid is a thug and should be punished. Letting him off with an apology for a blind side hit this vicious would be a travesty. He did not just push the guy he laid into him intentionally.
A travesty? Lol cmon.

Advertisement

Nonsense.

I dont know about that. The common sense result is a public apology, a one on one apology and some anger management sessions and you move forward in life. No need to overhype it. Its a teenage kid who F'ed up on camera.

Do I think the kid deserves 5-10? No. But there are millions of other players that play the same amount and have good/ball calls go against them every day. They don’t assault referees. Actions have consequences.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who hasn't wanted to do this to ACC officials, and Terry Porter? Come on, it's ok to raise your hand.

Man, Ron Cherry, the GOAT.. I just found out he had a career ending injury from a player mistakenly running into him. Back in 2016.

Long live Ron Cherry. Dude could handle any coach, ever.

Advertisement
Back