Texas HS Coaches VS SFL HS Coaches

It really comes down to how much skill a player has and how much that skill can be improved by coaching. All this means is that south Florida players have more room to grow than players from Texas or Georgia, but players from those states might mentally be better prepared. I rather take a mix of players. If you take all guys that were poorly coached then you get FSU and if you take all the "well coached" players you get Texas. Alabama and Clemson both do a good job at diversifying their recuriting.

Advertisement
In Broward it’s about 3k for the HC

Assistants get 2,100

I’m sure your boy Palmeri got a fat raise when he left EHS and went to NC and now GA
Yes sir. Thats why im laughing at these post especially about that no one comes down here for assistant coaches.

Coach P went up to Nc and somehow built a power house made cash and now is in ga doing the same thing.

A middle of the road coach from Coconut Creek did the same thing recently i think he is up in GA.

It really comes down to how much skill a player has and how much that skill can be improved by coaching. All this means is that south Florida players have more room to grow than players from Texas or Georgia, but players from those states might mentally be better prepared. I rather take a mix of players. If you take all guys that were poorly coached then you get FSU and if you take all the "well coached" players you get Texas. Alabama and Clemson both do a good job at diversifying their recuriting.

Alabama and Clemson both pay for the best talent and hoard 5 stars. It aint no diversifying what those programs are doing they are getting the best of the best. I actually give credit to Clemson more than Bama as atleast sometimes they unearth prospects that fit their system. Bama just offers every 5 star nationally and pick and choose who they want.

I honestly dont think their are more mentally prepared incoming freshman at skill positions in the country than kids from S.Florida and that is WITH poor coaching. Our kids have played in more big time pressure packed games than their counterparts than by the time they are 14yrs old.

I do agree though a good mix is needed still for full programs...I love dipping into metro atl, metro ny/j, and now Houston. But i want kids from big time programs in those areas.

You a Lowndes fan?

A head high school football coach in So. Fla. makes only $5000 for coaching?
At a public school? Yep. That’s the stipend for being head football coach. It’s all of Florida too not just south Florida

Advertisement
All of this. If FL HS coaches banked 6 figures to only coach they would be much better. Coaching in Fl is not a place to make any kind of money. It’s laughable how little coaches are paid in FL

I think what you mean to say, is if SF highschools had the budgets that TX highschools had, they could afford better coaches, from anywhere in the country really. Because increasing the pay of a mediocre coach only increases his pay, and has no direct correlation with an increase in his ability to coach

Florida has the best athletes. Texas has the best football players. There’s a difference.

Advertisement
I am sure other states are coming in to SFl and dropping bags for some high school coaches............gtfoh.....that is only for the SFL divas playing football
SMH. A lot of good coaches leave South Florida for paying jobs in Georgia.

Again...high schools arent coming down to SFL to hire assistant HS coaches...offering all this money to come coach at a HIGH SCHOOL. You think Burger King is going and stealing Mcdonalds employees to run the cashier. Not sure in FL....but in Texas you actually teach classes..you dont just coach. Now are those classes something hard or takes a lot of time to teach....no
Bro, you're so embarrassingly misinformed. 😆
Just sit this one out, buddy.

Advertisement
Again, if you don’t want to pay any money, it’s hard to attract competent workers. The head coach has to be a full time employee of the school (teachers and staff in Florida make much less than their Texas counterparts too) so he gets an extra $5,000 bonus for being the head football coach. On top of his already meager public school salary. I own a repair business. If I choose to only pay my technicians the bare minimum, nobody that’s any good will want to work for me. You see how it works? If I’m a great football coach, I’m not going to Florida to coach football there because they don’t pay any money for the job.
I thought this was common sense. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this.

Advertisement
Alabama and Clemson both pay for the best talent and hoard 5 stars. It aint no diversifying what those programs are doing they are getting the best of the best. I actually give credit to Clemson more than Bama as atleast sometimes they unearth prospects that fit their system. Bama just offers every 5 star nationally and pick and choose who they want.

I honestly dont think their are more mentally prepared incoming freshman at skill positions in the country than kids from S.Florida and that is WITH poor coaching. Our kids have played in more big time pressure packed games than their counterparts than by the time they are 14yrs old.

I do agree though a good mix is needed still for full programs...I love dipping into metro atl, metro ny/j, and now Houston. But i want kids from big time programs in those areas.
gotta get you to a Texas high school football game in the playoffs bro. Those might as well be college football games atmosphere wise

I think it's $4500 now.
I got $2200 for being a coordinator.

My buddy in Georgia gets $10k just for coaching O-line.
I live in Bay County/Panhandle and the head coach of all the High school programs here make about $80,000. They're all on annual contracts. Coordinators/Asst. Coaches make about $4,500 each from the school and then whatever the booster pays them. Middle school football coaches make about $3500 with asst. coaches making $2700.

Okalossa County pays their football Head Football coaches about $95,000 a year. The funny part is the Band director has to make the same as the head coach.

Advertisement
Back