Texas HS Coaches VS SFL HS Coaches

Advertisement
Florida loses a lot of good coaches because of that very reason bud.
I am sure other states are coming in to SFl and dropping bags for some high school coaches............gtfoh.....that is only for the SFL divas playing football

Advertisement
higher salary makes you a better coach........ CIS logic sometimes
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF
I shouldn’t have to explain this. If you offer job candidates a significantly higher salary, you’ll get better qualified candidates for the job. A head coach in Florida gets about $5000 for coaching at a public school. Coordinators get almost nothing and pretty much every other assistant is doing it for free. If you want to get paid to coach, Florida is not the place for you unless you go to a private school.

I hate this debate lol
Me too. I know where I stand, but the facts require serious nuance in discussion. It's not as simple as "who has the best coaches." Much like players, Florida actually churns out assistant/head coaches, who leave for Georgia because they can get paid more. Randy McPherson, who coached forever at Lowndes, actually is from Lake Worth originally, and made his name at Madison County. But how can you turn down the offer from north of the border?

There are also significant variations in intrastate player participation/quality regionally (particularly in Texas), that make state-to-state comparisons kind of silly. I'd more interested in comparisons of South Florida vs. Houston or Jacksonville vs. San Antonio or I-4 vs. Dallas.

Advertisement
Texas HS football and Florida HS football are both spectacular in their own unique ways. The athleticism in Florida is superior and it's much more dense. The coaching and atmosphere are superior by far in Texas. I'd rather recruit from Florida, but I'd rather watch a HS game in Texas - pretty much no contest in both cases. Both are awesome. I wouldn't trade and I'm sure Florida guys wouldn't trade either.

I shouldn’t have to explain this. If you offer job candidates a significantly higher salary, you’ll get better qualified candidates for the job. A head coach in Florida gets about $5000 for coaching at a public school. Coordinators get almost nothing and pretty much every other assistant is doing it for free. If you want to get paid to coach, Florida is not the place for you unless you go to a private school.
Again...high schools arent coming down to SFL to hire assistant HS coaches...offering all this money to come coach at a HIGH SCHOOL. You think Burger King is going and stealing Mcdonalds employees to run the cashier. Not sure in FL....but in Texas you actually teach classes..you dont just coach. Now are those classes something hard or takes a lot of time to teach....no

I’d say Texas HS coaching is better, and in some ways, it has hurt the college programs there. Kids look awesome in high school, but a lot of them are maxed out by the time they get to college.

The better training and programs hides the fact that many of them just don’t have high caliber D1 potential.

Advertisement
Me too. I know where I stand, but the facts require serious nuance in discussion. It's not as simple as "who has the best coaches." Much like players, Florida actually churns out assistant/head coaches, who leave for Georgia because they can get paid more. Randy McPherson, who coached forever at Lowndes, actually is from Lake Worth originally, and made his name at Madison County. But how can you turn down the offer from north of the border?

There are also significant variations in intrastate player participation/quality regionally (particularly in Texas), that make state-to-state comparisons kind of silly. I'd more interested in comparisons of South Florida vs. Houston or Jacksonville vs. San Antonio or I-4 vs. Dallas.
Yeah. The state versus state thing needs to die. If you want to do houston and the surround areas versus south Florida there’s something there to talk about

Again...high schools arent coming down to SFL to hire assistant HS coaches...offering all this money to come coach at a HIGH SCHOOL. You think Burger King is going and stealing Mcdonalds employees to run the cashier. Not sure in FL....but in Texas you actually teach classes..you dont just coach. Now are those classes something hard or takes a lot of time to teach....no
Again, if you don’t want to pay any money, it’s hard to attract competent workers. The head coach has to be a full time employee of the school (teachers and staff in Florida make much less than their Texas counterparts too) so he gets an extra $5,000 bonus for being the head football coach. On top of his already meager public school salary. I own a repair business. If I choose to only pay my technicians the bare minimum, nobody that’s any good will want to work for me. You see how it works? If I’m a great football coach, I’m not going to Florida to coach football there because they don’t pay any money for the job.

Advertisement
higher salary makes you a better coach........ CIS logic sometimes
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

That wasn't the point. It's that TX schools have more resources to funnel into the program/coaching staff. No different than CFB. If you were a CFB coach, tell me which you'd prefer: an $8MM budget to hire your coaching staff or $2MM? Which one is going to put together a better, more qualified staff?

A head high school football coach in So. Fla. makes only $5000 for coaching?

Florida hs coaches pay to coach. I coached hs last year and it cost me....just did it to help out. And thats the majority of the hs coaches down in south florida. I think like 2 coache sget paid a stipend and its under 10k.

In Broward it’s about 3k for the HC

Assistants get 2,100

I’m sure your boy Palmeri got a fat raise when he left EHS and went to NC and now GA

Last edited:
A head high school football coach in So. Fla. makes only $5000 for coaching?
I believe it is less.. 1500$ stipend maybe.... They have to be a teacher in the county.... So they get paid teacher salary too.

Advertisement
Back