Texas HS Coaches VS SFL HS Coaches

Advertisement
higher salary makes you a better coach........ CIS logic sometimes
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF
Sure does help attract and retain better coaches

Advertisement
People keep talking about salaries, budgets and facilities.
Yet with Texas winning all that florida produces the best players, I guess coaches in Florida are doing something good.
With less resources and harder working conditions they still do the job, that takes talent.
Bring those Texas coaches to florida and see how'd they do.

Its about as poorly paid a gig as you'll find, yet, the culture down here that surrounds football at all levels is incredible, and its a beautiful thing. The coaching in South Florida is a different animal. Maybe it lacks the teachers to refine players game, but I don't think there is a better base of coaches in the country that develop their players as players and as men like they do in South Florida at all levels.

If you paid these coaches like they do in Texas or Georgia where they can focus on coaching like its their career and have infrastructure in place that rivals G5 football...South Florida would be creating super soldiers. For now, they just send more players to D1, more players into the NFL...and if that isn't indicative to the coaching in South Florida, idk what is.

When I was coaching, our youth team was coached by just a bunch of dudes...we weren't the Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes / PPO and didn't have a budget, but we won a lot of football games (1 loss in 4 years), sent half of the kids on our team to private school and two handfuls of those kids will go D1 (a few of them are going here), with many others going off to college because football kept them disciplined in the classroom. idk, I thought we did a great job and none of us were exactly Don Soldinger or Andy Reid out there but many of those players ended up playing very early at private schools and some just won a school's first State Title in its history. Its pretty insulting when people say South Florida coaching stinks. idk, I think its pretty great and the results speak for themselves.

Last edited:
All this stuff about poor coaching, poor facilities, poor culture, etc...yet the state of Florida still produces more D1 and NFL football players than anywhere else in the world.

So what does that say?

And Florida is the only state in the nation where tackle football participation has gone up. Combine that with the fact that we play football basically year around. The gap is only getting wider.

Advertisement
Its about as poorly paid a gig as you'll find, yet, the culture down here that surrounds football at all levels is incredible, and its a beautiful thing. The coaching in South Florida is a different animal. Maybe it lacks the teachers to refine players game, but I don't think there is a better base of coaches in the country that develop their players as players and as men like they do in South Florida at all levels.

If you paid these coaches like they do in Texas or Georgia where they can focus on coaching like its their career and have infrastructure in place that rivals G5 football...South Florida would be creating super soldiers. For now, they just send more players to D1, more players into the NFL...and if that isn't indicative to the coaching in South Florida, idk what is.

When I was coaching, our youth team was coached by just a bunch of dudes...we weren't the Ft. Lauderdale Hurricanes / PPO and didn't have a budget, but we won a lot of football games (1 loss in 4 years), sent half of the kids on our team to private school and two handfuls of those kids will go D1 (a few of them are going here), with many others going off to college because football kept them disciplined in the classroom. idk, I thought we did a great job and none of us were exactly Don Soldinger or Andy Reid out there but many of those players ended up playing very early at private schools and some just won a school's first State Title in its history. Its pretty insulting when people say South Florida coaching stinks. idk, I think its pretty great and the results speak for themselves.
Im coming from your same background ont he youth level as well. And some of my kids are now freshman on broward's big private school teams and PLAYING.

But actually coached with the Hurricanes/PPO guys lol. Like i said i volunteered..and it cost me money. You got to drop kids home at times , buy them food. What was even tough lost a kid over a month ago right before the season started who ive known since elementary shool that would definately been a div 1 kid. ( i was pushing Miami).

There's absolutely some good hs level coaches mixed in there locally and guys that have a bright future and may get some college looks. I like that Florida Memorial and St Thomas now have programs and can now some of our guys are heading that route.

One thing i have no clue why it hasnt been done yet is why doesnt Broward College or Miami Dade have JUCO football programs. I mean both programs dont even have to build stadiums as they aready have?.

Florida hs coaches pay to coach. I coached hs last year and it cost me....just did it to help out. And thats the majority of the hs coaches down in south florida. I think like 2 coache sget paid a stipend and its under 10k.
well maybe if the Florida Schools wouldn't have so many administrators doing nothing they could actually pay some decent stipends to those coaches: I think the ratio of administration to teachers is close to one to one :

All this stuff about poor coaching, poor facilities, poor culture, etc...yet the state of Florida still produces more D1 and NFL football players than anywhere else in the world.

So what does that say?

And Florida is the only state in the nation where tackle football participation has gone up. Combine that with the fact that we play football basically year around. The gap is only getting wider.
There's this stereotype that exists about Florida High School Coaches that they're dumb or just "coaching athletes". Much of it is due to the fact that many of them aren't the most articulate bunch or don't have higher level degrees, but make no mistake -- these dudes are innovators and developers down here and they're just as adept at X's and O's as any coach in Texas or anywhere else for that matter.

It's funny bc the first guy it think of as just coaching "athletes" but is a ****** X's and O's guy is a well spoken, clean cut guy like Harriott.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back