Texas HS Coaches VS SFL HS Coaches

I think it's $4500 now.
I got $2200 for being a coordinator.

My buddy in Georgia gets $10k just for coaching O-line.
I’m sure you’re aware of what STA pays their coordinators.

Advertisement
Florida has the best athletes. Texas has the best football players. There’s a difference.
NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

The pay for high school football coaches in South Florida is abysmal. We have position coaches here in Georgia that make more than South Florida head coaches. Nearly every one of them that comes from South Florida tells me the best raw players are in South Florida hands down. As for Texas, top notch facilities and big money for coaching staffs at the big time and even medium time football factories. I was raised in Dade County, and I can tell you that I have always admired the dedication of the hard-working coaches in South Florida that do this because they love the game and more importantly love these kids that are desperate for male leadership.

gotta get you to a Texas high school football game in the playoffs bro. Those might as well be college football games atmosphere wise
My younger cuz is ont he band at TSU. I wanted to check out Houston and games but...covid.

There's a difference in game atmosphere and dope boys having thousands bets on games of 10 yr olds. There isnt the same sort of pressure.

I remember when the "Soul Bowl" was a thing and was competitive. Good lord.

I remember the hoopla surrounding the tv show FRIDAY NIGHT TYKES based out of texas and i remember thinking well..this is sort of tame in comparison to south florida.lol

Last edited:
I live in Bay County/Panhandle and the head coach of all the High school programs here make about $80,000. They're all on annual contracts. Coordinators/Asst. Coaches make about $4,500 each from the school and then whatever the booster pays them. Middle school football coaches make about $3500 with asst. coaches making $2700.

Okalossa County pays their football Head Football coaches about $95,000 a year. The funny part is the Band director has to make the same as the head coach.
****, they must have some helluva booster clubs up there.

Advertisement
Texas and Cali always know where to come when they want to plead their case about high school football - they come to the best state for high school football like Football coaches have even when I played in the NAIA decades ago. The TEX-CALI's desperately try to find all sorts of ways to justify themselves on par with Florida high school football. Coaching now? Or the one above saying Texas and Florida have similar numbers in the NFL.

Really? Let’s look at the population pool of high school students that the states draw from: Florida doesn’t have near the population of those two states or the high schools .

Texas has over a 1,000 more high schools, and Cali over 1500 more high schools than Florida, a retirement state, does. That there should give them both a massive advantage over Florida - instead it only makes the case for the quality of Florida high school football in comparison.

How about we look up Pop Warner National Championships and NCAA National Titles. (I coached on our Punta Gorda - Population 18,000 - PW National Champion Pee Wee team in 2003 - in the semi-final game we waxed a team from San Antonio -4th Largest city in America, final we beat a team from Chicago, the 2nd largest city, again our population was less than 18,000)

Here’s the high school numbers from their states:

CA: 3,892 California High Schools (Ranked highest in Nation in student enrollment)

TX: 3,240 Texas High Schools (Ranked 2nd highest in Nation in student enrollment)

FL: 2,227 Florida High Schools (Ranked 3rd highest in enrollment in Nation)

Texas and Cali, stick with soccer - we'll conceed to that!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Texas and Cali always know where to come when they want to plead their case about high school football - they come to the best state for high school football like Football coaches have even when I played in the NAIA decades ago. The TEX-CALI's desperately try to find all sorts of ways to justify themselves on par with Florida high school football. Coaching now? Or the one above saying Texas and Florida have similar numbers in the NFL.

Really? Let’s look at the population pool of high school students that the states draw from: Florida doesn’t have near the population of those two states or the high schools .

Texas has over a 1,000 more high schools, and Cali over 1500 more high schools than Florida, a retirement state, does. That there should give them both a massive advantage over Florida - instead it only makes the case for the quality of Florida high school football in comparison.

How about we look up Pop Warner National Championships and NCAA National Titles. (I coached on our Punta Gorda - Population 18,000 - PW National Champion Pee Wee team in 2003 - in the semi-final game we waxed a team from San Antonio -4th Largest city in America, final we beat a team from Chicago, the 2nd largest city, again our population was less than 18,000)

Here’s the high school numbers from their states:

CA: 3,892 California High Schools (Ranked highest in Nation in student enrollment)

TX: 3,240 Texas High Schools (Ranked 2nd highest in Nation in student enrollment)

FL: 2,227 Florida High Schools (Ranked 3rd highest in enrollment in Nation)

Texas and Cali, stick with soccer - we'll conceed to that!
Exactly. I remember having this argument with a dude from Nebraska who was trying to say that football was more important in Nebraska based on skewed per capita numbers. I said you can't judge the importance of football based on per capita numbers, why?...because not everybody in a State's population plays HSFB.

Advertisement
Who would win the best high school football tam in Texas vs best high school football team in Florida ( Miami )

Advertisement
Back