Texas and Urban

Brethren; not only could I not ever imagine it, what hurts the most is seeing fans here become lulled by it. Accepting it; embracing it, justifying it.

When I see a BOT member say, ‘Just remember E before W’, it feels like I’m in a twilight zone. That’s y I started watching CFB, in whole, b/c I thought football changed. Then I realized after stepping out my little Hurricane Bubble that, no it’s us that’s OK with collecting checks & living off the past v. progressing. It hurts me so much; and it angers me even more.
We need the fanbase and former players to be far more financially involved. Message boards and social media don't suffice.

Advertisement
If Texas manages to pay Meyer enough to do something he doesn't want to do

That's the key. I don't know that I've ever seen a HC that f#ckig hated his job and was doing it just for the paycheck. If Urban came back for ND, it's because he loves ND and its his dream job. He'd likely accept a top 10 coach salary, but wouldn't need to be #1. If he goes to Texas it's purely to cash a check and would only accept if they shatter the salary record for a HC. This isn't a question of talent, but motivation.

You said that "teams that want to win, do what it takes to win." So what has Texas been doing all this time? You think this year is the first time since 1971 that Texas decided it wants to win and has tried to hire the best coach?

Teams that want to win = teams that hire Urban Meyer. Florida, Ohio State, potentially Texas, and even Utah.

That's the key. I don't know that I've ever seen a HC that f#ckig hated his job and was doing it just for the paycheck. If Urban came back for ND, it's because he loves ND and its his dream job. He'd likely accept a top 10 coach salary, but wouldn't need to be #1. If he goes to Texas it's purely to cash a check and would only accept if they shatter the salary record for a HC. This isn't a question of talent, but motivation.

i'm fairly certain that every coach of the cowboys in the jones era, including jimmy, hated their job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Teams that want to win = teams that hire Urban Meyer. Florida, Ohio State, potentially Texas, and even Utah.

Ok so Texas hasn't been trying to win since 1971 since they never hired Urban Meyer before. Amazing that all these other schools that have won national championships since 1971 have done so without actually wanting to win.

He would have an unlimited budget there. He’s scum, but would do well there unfortunately

I'd love for him to go there over ND or USC. Really. At USC he'd cherry pick the best players in Cali without much threat from east coast teams. Texas now has to compete against an even richer school (TAMU) for recruits in Texas, and they also have a championship coach who is an excellent recruiter. I hope they are constantly bidding against each other. At Texas, he'd face built-in structural problems that money can't solve (dozens, if not hundreds, of meddling boosters) that he will constantly be having to kiss a$$ instead of focusing on football. He'd have a heart attack and retire within a couple of years. If ends up being successful, great. At least its some school other than Bama or Clemson, and if he's constantly beating Jimbo Fisher, so much the better.

Advertisement
If Urban goes out and signs a Bible-thumping QB to distract from having a team full of serial killers, rapists, wife beaters, and felons we'll know he's really in it to win it.

Also, it's possible that since the state of Texas likes the death penalty so much, it could be a big deterrent to the out of state recruits that Meyer would typically be after.

Advertisement
The issues at Texas at not remotely like the problems at Miami. Not even in the same galaxy. Miami has always been the smallest, meanest kid on the block, fending on bag schools trying to pay off the best talent in the local area. Texas has spared no expense on its program. Miami's HC had to pay money out of his wallet to get a practice bubble. Texas paid a successful G5 coach 6 million per year to get the program back on track. Miami paid Temple University several million dollars to buy back its DC. Texas's problems stem from having too many entitled billionaire boosters. Mo' money mo problems. Miami's problem is that it's EBT card is maxed out so the players will be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the next month.
YOu missed the point....talking about bad coaching/hires and laziness. That has been the problem since the hiring of coker and its still going on

jeff dunham images GIF

Advertisement
Back