Texas and Urban

price tag on coaches coming (Urban) and going is huge as well as leaving 15-20m
thenfactor in what Urban will need to have a winner facilities, support staff,
question will UT Austin come off the hip for that coin.... yes they got it however will they spend it ?
UGA had the money but never spent the $ with Richt but opened ups the spigots for Kirby
Urban could care less about T.Herman if he wants the job......
U must not know Texas football. Lol. One former colleague & now friend who’s an alum & booster, and two clients who are Texas alums & boosters. My man; they will sell their child if it meant winning a nat’l title. God, Country, Texas Football. In that order.

Advertisement
Bingo! I hate using the term elite, b/c it’s been so watered down, but I believe there are only 3 elite coaches in CFB today:
Saban
Dabo
Meyers

U give those 3 guys w/ booster support any team, and they will become championship caliber immediately. When Meyers went to Florida, I knew they were going to be a problem. When he went to OSU, I knew they would be an even bigger problem. Same with Saban to Bama; became sick to my stomach. If Meyers goes to Texas, they will dominate. I don’t even second guess that; and here’s the domino effect.....we’ll be hurt by it too, b/c Meyers will cherry pick the top So Fla kids to compliment to The TX kids. So we’ll have to deal w Saban, Day, Dabo, and Meyers again.
rihanna nightmare GIF

SMDH! When you first became a fan of UM, did you ever imagine in your life that the school that has gone on to produced the INSANE amount of football legends would one day settle for such mediocrity??

9 wins should be considered a down year here. There is enough talent to be a legit contender every year (sorry, beating a dead horse here)
Brethren; not only could I not ever imagine it, what hurts the most is seeing fans here become lulled by it. Accepting it; embracing it, justifying it.

When I see a BOT member say, ‘Just remember E before W’, it feels like I’m in a twilight zone. That’s y I started watching CFB, in whole, b/c I thought football changed. Then I realized after stepping out my little Hurricane Bubble that, no it’s us that’s OK with collecting checks & living off the past v. progressing. It hurts me so much; and it angers me even more.

@1mg of Epi

I think the last two stops Meyer had he walked into incredible opportunities at programs loaded with talent and ready to win.

No one excels in those situations more than him. He can take a ready to win team with singular focus within it's athletic department over the top.

Texas is neither of those scenarios. The entire program, with it's all powerful boosters is wrought with dysfunction. The team itself is full of holes and will need multiple years of recruiting to be ready.

I question Meyer's ability mentally and physically to get to go through that. Every time it hits the fan he cuts and runs.

that is next-level revisionist history.

Advertisement
My friend; u are misremembering. No worries; this is what I’m here for.

He took over a Florida program that went
8-5 (2002)
8-5 (2003)
7-5 (2004)
All under one of their, arguably, worst coaches after the glory Spurrier years in Ron Zook. Meyers took that 7-5 team to 9-3 yr 1, and then POOF, they became a 2x National Title Winner in his 6 yr stop there going 5-1 in bowl games & “this close” to missing out on a 3rd. He built UF.

He then took over an OSU team that just went 6-7 & was under ban. Lol.

Meyers gets “stressed” when the NCAA comes a calling for the savages doing savage chit off field & he turns a blind eye. Lol. He keeps that in his back pocket. The guy turned around Bowling Green, then Utah, then Florida, then OSU. That’s all he does....give him a Texas team, who many have pegged as mucho underachievers w the talent they have, and I give him 3 yrs, tops, b4 UT r Nat’l champs.

That OSU team received and took their lumps in year one. In the preceding years before the one year Fickell fiasco OSU had won at least 10 games in 9 of 10 years. The Florida team he took over was loaded with NFL talent, with a once in a lifetime player (Tebow) ready to explode.

U must not know Texas football. Lol. One former colleague & now friend who’s an alum & booster, and two clients who are Texas alums & boosters. My man; they will sell their child if it meant winning a nat’l title. God, Country, Texas Football. In that order.
sure i do, they are all big hat no cattle. biggest issue they have is UT alumni not staying out of program.... if they would stay out of way,,,, you would have had Saben but he did not want deal with that group.Mac Brown kept Alumni under control but look at last 20+ years.... adequate 1 championship...... think OU would put up with that nonsense ??? not hardly.
UT-Austin is a lot likeMichigan entitled, under producers.....

because our fans are half retarded and full of people that put their allegiance above reality on a regular basis. urban has a record of constant success at every stop he's made, but because he brought rings to two of the programs that we hate the most, all of it is a fluke and there's no way he'd win big at the wealthiest program in the country in a state that develops some of the best high school players year in and year out.
Spot on. Our fans, b/c we’ve been mired in mediocrity for so long, have begun thinking w emotions & wishful thinking vs. logic.

Advertisement
@1mg of Epi

I think the last two stops Meyer had he walked into incredible opportunities at programs loaded with talent and ready to win.

No one excels in those situations more than him. He can take a ready to win team with singular focus within it's athletic department over the top.

Texas is neither of those scenarios. The entire program, with it's all powerful boosters is wrought with dysfunction. The team itself is full of holes and will need multiple years of recruiting to be ready.

I question Meyer's ability mentally and physically to get to go through that. Every time it hits the fan he cuts and runs.
Got Meyer ******* e d up, He'll have Texas competing for the Big 12 in year 1. Nobody in the history of the game has turned doormats into winners faster than Meyer, see Bowling Green & Utah.

But make no mistake, the guy's a scumbag.

price tag on coaches coming (Urban) and going is huge as well as leaving 15-20m
thenfactor in what Urban will need to have a winner facilities, support staff,
question will UT Austin come off the hip for that coin.... yes they got it however will they spend it ?
UGA had the money but never spent the $ with Richt but opened ups the spigots for Kirby
Urban could care less about T.Herman if he wants the job......

texas would happily pay him 20m/year and give him the budget to hire whoever he wants to bring them another title (****, to even make them respectable again). they're always a coach away from contention with the talent they pull.

Advertisement
Got Meyer ******* e d up, He'll have Texas competing for the Big 12 in year 1. Nobody in the history of the game has turned doormats into winners faster than Meyer, see Bowling Green & Utah.

But make no mistake, the guy's a scumbag.

"doormats"

3-5 years builds the program back up to national power. Kids start getting in trouble, urban covering up for coaches who beat their wives and oh look Urban has health problems again.
Exactly will burn out in 3-5 years like he always does. Scandal, then health scare, then I need to be with my kids post graduation/grand kids. Rinse wash repeat. lol

Advertisement
That OSU team received and took their lumps in year one. In the preceding years before the one year Fickell fiasco OSU had won at least 10 games in 9 of 10 years. The Florida team he took over was loaded with NFL talent, with a once in a lifetime player (Tebow) ready to explode.
Stop moving the goal post to fit a narrative, my guy.

U know the difference between talent & potential? One is fulfilled & the other needs to be cultivated. Urban took over potential talent; but their record says otherwise. He took what was there, made it better, & added to it to make it great. Tebow was RECRUITED by Meyers. He did not inherit Tim. Percy Harvin was RECRUITED by Meyers, he did not inherit him.

Do u know what separates Meyers from the all **** poor coaches we’ve had? We’ve been stuck on “potential” vs. talent for almost 2 decades now, and not one coach has tapped into that potential. We get a drip of water here & there (see 2013, 17, and this season), but the flood gates remain shut. Meyers taps into the potential & the f’ing Mississippi River streams.

Texas got the same talent as anyone in the country, which is y ppl r perplexed as to Herman’s struggles. Meyers will tap in to Texas’ potential and I promise u the Nile River will flood out.

Brethren; not only could I not ever imagine it, what hurts the most is seeing fans here become lulled by it. Accepting it; embracing it, justifying it.

When I see a BOT member say, ‘Just remember E before W’, it feels like I’m in a twilight zone. That’s y I started watching CFB, in whole, b/c I thought football changed. Then I realized after stepping out my little Hurricane Bubble that, no it’s us that’s OK with collecting checks & living off the past v. progressing. It hurts me so much; and it angers me even more.
All. Of. This

Stop moving the goal post to fit a narrative, my guy.

U know the difference between talent & potential? One is fulfilled & the other needs to be cultivated. Urban took over potential talent; but their record says otherwise. He took what was there, made it better, & added to it to make it great. Tebow was RECRUITED by Meyers. He did not inherit Tim. Percy Harvin was RECRUITED by Meyers, he did not inherit him.

Do u know what separates Meyers from the all **** poor coaches we’ve had? We’ve been stuck on “potential” vs. talent for almost 2 decades now, and not one coach has tapped into that potential. We get a drip of water here & there (see 2013, 17, and this season), but the flood gates remain shut. Meyers taps into the potential & the f’ing Mississippi River streams.

Texas got the same talent as anyone in the country, which is y ppl r perplexed as to Herman’s struggles. Meyers will tap in to Texas’ potential and I promise u the Nile River will flood out.

Not moving it. Said from the beginning no one gets great talent over the top like he can. I just don't think he's in the same position, has the same talent and administration or is the same guy he was back then.

If Texas manages to pay Meyer enough to do something he doesn't want to do, they will win. Will they win a national title? I can't say that for sure, as it's not easy to do. But Oklahoma's days of Little 12 dominance would be over.

Meyer has won at BG, Utah, UiFag, and O$U. He assembles great staffs (helps to have money but he also has an eye), he recruits incredibly well, he has won at every stop. He's a top 5 CFB coach of all time, regardless of whether you, I, or anyone else likes him.

Advertisement
Back