Texas and Urban

ohio state football GIF

Advertisement
Maybe he has a goal of winning a championship in every P5 conference. If so, I'd like to volunteer Miami as his ACC team.

Coaching at UT is 50% actual coaching and 50% *** kissing. Lots of programs have boosters, but big time coaches at Bama, Clemson, OSU, UF can take their money and tell boosters to f#ck off if they get too demanding. Not the case at Texas, the boosters expect to be treated like royalty. Doesn't matter how successful a coach is, he has to bend the knee to the rich pricks. Many coaches don't want to spend half their time as the dancing monkeys of billionaires. Meyers is already filthy rich and has health issues. I would be surprised if Meyer returns for any school but ND.

I don't like Urbie, I think he's a liar and a cheat, but MF'er has played this college thing like a PIMP. He's the Phil Jackson of college football. Dude knows how to recruit, staff and make that bread!

Coaching at UT is 50% actual coaching and 50% *** kissing. Lots of programs have boosters, but big time coaches at Bama, Clemson, OSU, UF can take their money and tell boosters to f#ck off if they get too demanding. Not the case at Texas, the boosters expect to be treated like royalty. Doesn't matter how successful a coach is, he has to bend the knee to the rich pricks. Many coaches don't want to spend half their time as the dancing monkeys of billionaires. Meyers is already filthy rich and has health issues. I would be surprised if Meyer returns for any school but ND.
Given his health scares, I doubt he'll ever return to coaching. But never say never.

Advertisement
Given his health scares, I doubt he'll ever return to coaching. But never say never.

There was also the little rumor that he has a penchant for banging co-eds, which got him in hot water with his old lady and UF. Just a matter of time before he gets "me too-ed" and forced to end his career in disgrace like his old friend Joe Paterno.

I'd be shocked if he doesnt end up in Austin. I saw him eating lunch before the Fiesta Bowl last year. That's an interesting guy. 2pm on a Saturday and he's pounding coffee. It was one cup after another. No wonder he has health problems.

Congrats to Texas on their National Championship in the next 3 years if they hire him. Big **** move

Cook.
Why do u feel that?

Imo, he’ll have uber success. Texas has more money than God; they have just as fertile of a natural recruiting landscape as Florida. Outstanding, OUTSTANDING facilities. And he’s got the cache to pull any elite kid from The West to The East. Urban to Texas, USC, or Miami would be absolutely sick.

Why do u think opposite?
Meyer has a great chance of killing it at Texas.

Not as good as the Pirate killing it on Greentree, but you get the point.

😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Fake news. Rural Mayer has a long history of health problems and a non-negotiable desire to spend more time with his family. He's done coachin'.

I would love to be his agent right about now. Texas is a good job. Notice how I didn’t say great. This is so because there’s too many cooks in the kitchen. Every booster thinks they know best and they meddle constantly. And also you have to show up to events and shmooze and kiss their ***. Maybe they give urban some leeway cause he’s a proven winner. But that’s why they loved Mack and hated strong and Herman. Urban should ask for 20 million cause why the **** not. He’s about as sure a thing as possible

^^^THIS.

Urban had full autonomy at the football factory that is Ohio State.

Texas' ego is bigger than their facilities or budget. The think they are god's gift—and there are absolutely too many clowns associated with this program who will meddle—while Urban will have to play the game there better than he ever has before.

In the end would be surprised if he took the job.

If he really wants to coach again, wait until Coach O is pushed out at LSU and take over there as that is another football factory where everyone would absolutely lay down and let him do anything he wanted.

Advertisement
Fake news. Rural Mayer has a long history of health problems and a non-negotiable desire to spend more time with his family. He's done coachin'.
His "health problems" coincide with scandals. He's probably healthy enough to go to UT at this point. Look for him to have another "health problem" in 4-5 years if he resumes coaching.

GIF by FirstAndMonday

^^^THIS.

Urban had full autonomy at the football factory that is Ohio State.

Texas' ego is bigger than their facilities or budget. The think they are god's gift—and there are absolutely too many clowns associated with this program who will meddle—while Urban will have to play the game there better than he ever has before.

In the end would be surprised if he took the job.

If he really wants to coach again, wait until Coach O is pushed out at LSU and take over there as that is another football factory where everyone would absolutely lay down and let him do anything he wanted.

It's been written a million times but posters will ask that same question "why do coaches find it so hard to be successful at Texas" about 100 more times in this thread. UT has unlimited money, resources, and a monopoly on Texas recruiting. Despite all that, since 1971 they have won a grand total of 1 title- 2005 when Mack Brown had one of the all time great college QBs. There is a well known reason why it's so hard to win there and you explained it again.

Look at it this way - you are a HC at Texas, you've just finished two a days, had another staff meeting, and now it's 8 pm and you are dog tired. But some billionaire booster invited you to a ****tail party at 830 because he wants to show you off to his friends. You better drag your *** to the party because if not, the next day you will have two dozen phone calls from the BOT, school prez, and other billionaire boosters telling you it was disrespectful to not show up to the dog and pony show. At Texas, the boosters really think their money entitles them to access and special treatment. A lot of coaches in CFB know that, which is why Texas, as you say is considered a good job, but not a great job. I'd much rather be the HC at USC, ND, UGA, or Bama than the HC at Texas.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cook.
Why do u feel that?

Imo, he’ll have uber success. Texas has more money than God; they have just as fertile of a natural recruiting landscape as Florida. Outstanding, OUTSTANDING facilities. And he’s got the cache to pull any elite kid from The West to The East. Urban to Texas, USC, or Miami would be absolutely sick.

Why do u think opposite?
@1mg of Epi

I think the last two stops Meyer had he walked into incredible opportunities at programs loaded with talent and ready to win.

No one excels in those situations more than him. He can take a ready to win team with singular focus within it's athletic department over the top.

Texas is neither of those scenarios. The entire program, with it's all powerful boosters is wrought with dysfunction. The team itself is full of holes and will need multiple years of recruiting to be ready.

I question Meyer's ability mentally and physically to get to go through that. Every time it hits the fan he cuts and runs.

Last edited:
This is why we will never be elite. Teams that want to win, do what it takes to win. We should have ponied up and hired him 2 years ago. Now we're stuck with a studio gangster as a head coach.

This is why we will never be elite. Teams that want to win, do what it takes to win. We should have ponied up and hired him 2 years ago. Now we're stuck with a studio gangster as a head coach.

Lololol. How's that worked out for Texas with all that money? Guess they haven't wanted to win that much since 1971 since they only have 1 title to show for it.

Advertisement
Back