Texas and Urban

Advertisement
The Pac 12 and Big 12 are on the road to irrelevance/G5 status, they need something like this to light a fire for the entire conference.

Advertisement
Not for a second. They have deep pockets.
Yup.....I would say deeper than anyone other program. the problem at UT(i live just outside of austin) bad coaching hires and laziness......kind of like Miami. Mack was a great recruiter and very good dealing with boosters. He got the pick of the crop in texas and usually hired good coaches except for a few(not just dIAZ) He would go out the state to cherry pick top recruits. I think he got lazy and thats what started the down fall and he could never getting going again.

Urban Meyer is not Tom Herman or Charlie Strong. Urban wins everywhere he goes.

You said that "teams that want to win, do what it takes to win." So what has Texas been doing all this time? You think this year is the first time since 1971 that Texas decided it wants to win and has tried to hire the best coach?

Yup.....I would say deeper than anyone other program. the problem at UT(i live just outside of austin) bad coaching hires and laziness......kind of like Miami. Mack was a great recruiter and very good dealing with boosters. He got the pick of the crop in texas and usually hired good coaches except for a few(not just dIAZ) He would go out the state to cherry pick top recruits. I think he got lazy and thats what started the down fall and he could never getting going again.

The issues at Texas at not remotely like the problems at Miami. Not even in the same galaxy. Miami has always been the smallest, meanest kid on the block, fending on bag schools trying to pay off the best talent in the local area. Texas has spared no expense on its program. Miami's HC had to pay money out of his wallet to get a practice bubble. Texas paid a successful G5 coach 6 million per year to get the program back on track. Miami paid Temple University several million dollars to buy back its DC. Texas's problems stem from having too many entitled billionaire boosters. Mo' money mo problems. Miami's problem is that it's EBT card is maxed out so the players will be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the next month.

Last edited:
Texas easily can pay top coach money... he’ll don’t forget they tried prying away Nick Saban with “top” money at the time

If rumors are true about his disdain for Herman about being the possible whistle blower that is another reason for him OL top of... top money for him and his assistants which he will get... fertile recruiting grounds with National recruiting appeal still... on top of zero state tax

If Texas hires Urban Meyer they will be back in two seasons... ain’t a doubt in my mind

Advertisement
@1mg of Epi

I think the last two stops Meyer had he walked into incredible opportunities at programs loaded with talent and ready to win.

No one excels in those situations more than him. He can take a ready to win team with singular focus within it's athletic department over the top.

Texas is neither of those scenarios. The entire program, with it's all powerful boosters is wrought with dysfunction. The team itself is full of holes and will need multiple years of recruiting to be ready.

I question Meyer's ability mentally and physically to get to go through that. Every time it hits the fan he cuts and runs.
My friend; u are misremembering. No worries; this is what I’m here for.

He took over a Florida program that went
8-5 (2002)
8-5 (2003)
7-5 (2004)
All under one of their, arguably, worst coaches after the glory Spurrier years in Ron Zook. Meyers took that 7-5 team to 9-3 yr 1, and then POOF, they became a 2x National Title Winner in his 6 yr stop there going 5-1 in bowl games & “this close” to missing out on a 3rd. He built UF.

He then took over an OSU team that just went 6-7 & was under ban. Lol.

Meyers gets “stressed” when the NCAA comes a calling for the savages doing savage chit off field & he turns a blind eye. Lol. He keeps that in his back pocket. The guy turned around Bowling Green, then Utah, then Florida, then OSU. That’s all he does....give him a Texas team, who many have pegged as mucho underachievers w the talent they have, and I give him 3 yrs, tops, b4 UT r Nat’l champs.

What would be the hurdles for him? Texas would have the monetary resources that match (and/or exceed that he had UiF and OSU))
Bro; they got stupid Benjamin Button money type donors, and they signed a **** near life time Nike contract for like $250m. Lol. WITH NO STATE TAX!!! And Texas loves football. Their babies come out the wound w/ footballs! He’ll have an endless source to do what tf he wants, in a non defensive conference?????! The Red River Classic will become bloody again. Lincoln Riley don’t want Meyer’s in Austin.

My friend; u are misremembering. No worries; this is what I’m here for.

He took over a Florida program that went
8-5 (2002)
8-5 (2003)
7-5 (2004)
All under one of their, arguably, worst coaches after the glory Spurrier years in Ron Zook. Meyers took that 7-5 team to 9-3 yr 1, and then POOF, they became a 2x National Title Winner in his 6 yr stop there going 5-1 in bowl games & “this close” to missing out on a 3rd. He built UF.

He then took over an OSU team that just went 6-7 & was under ban. Lol.

Meyers gets “stressed” when the NCAA comes a calling for the savages doing savage chit off field & he turns a blind eye. Lol. He keeps that in his back pocket. The guy turned around Bowling Green, then Utah, then Florida, then OSU. That’s all he does....give him a Texas team, who many have pegged as mucho underachievers w the talent they have, and I give him 3 yrs tops, b/c UT r Nat’l champs.
I know the SEC fans at the Head of the NCAA would crucify Miami; with that being said, imagine him with the same control here??

One can dream, no?
netflix antonio GIF

Advertisement
Bro; they got stupid Benjamin Button money type donors, and they signed a **** near life time Nike contract for like $250m. Lol. WITH NO STATE TAX!!! And Texas loves football. Their babies come out the wound w/ footballs! He’ll have an endless source to do what tf he wants, in a non defensive conference?????! The Red River Classic will become bloody again. Lincoln Riley don’t want Meyer’s in Austin.
EXACTLY!!!

His name holds weight, regardless of his cheating *** ways. Him coaching in Texas with the talent in that state AND the deep DEEP pockets of Texas boosters...

In short time, Texas could become to the Big 12 what Ohio State is now in the Big 10.

I know the SEC fans at the Head of the NCAA would crucify Miami; with that being said, imagine him with the same control here??

One can dream, no?
netflix antonio GIF
I’ve already said Urban here at Miami would be lights out NCAA. We would dominate like never before. This brass will never allow it. We’re fine reaching the ceiling of an occasional 9 win season, the blue moon 10 win season. Smh.

Advertisement
price tag on coaches coming (Urban) and going is huge as well as leaving 15-20m
thenfactor in what Urban will need to have a winner facilities, support staff,
question will UT Austin come off the hip for that coin.... yes they got it however will they spend it ?
UGA had the money but never spent the $ with Richt but opened ups the spigots for Kirby
Urban could care less about T.Herman if he wants the job......

EXACTLY!!!

His name holds weight, regardless of his cheating *** ways. Him coaching in Texas with the talent in that state AND the deep DEEP pockets of Texas boosters...

In short time, Texas could become to the Big 12 what Ohio State is now in the Big 10.
Bingo! I hate using the term elite, b/c it’s been so watered down, but I believe there are only 3 elite coaches in CFB today:
Saban
Dabo
Meyers

U give those 3 guys w/ booster support any team, and they will become championship caliber immediately. When Meyers went to Florida, I knew they were going to be a problem. When he went to OSU, I knew they would be an even bigger problem. Same with Saban to Bama; became sick to my stomach. If Meyers goes to Texas, they will dominate. I don’t even second guess that; and here’s the domino effect.....we’ll be hurt by it too, b/c Meyers will cherry pick the top So Fla kids to compliment to The TX kids. So we’ll have to deal w Saban, Day, Dabo, and Meyers again.

I’ve already said Urban here at Miami would be lights out NCAA. We would dominate like never before. This brass will never allow it. We’re fine reaching the ceiling of an occasional 9 win season, the blue moon 10 win season. Smh.
SMDH! When you first became a fan of UM, did you ever imagine in your life that the school that has gone on to produced the INSANE amount of football legends would one day settle for such mediocrity??

9 wins should be considered a down year here. There is enough talent to be a legit contender every year (sorry, beating a dead horse here)

Cook.
Why do u feel that?

Imo, he’ll have uber success. Texas has more money than God; they have just as fertile of a natural recruiting landscape as Florida. Outstanding, OUTSTANDING facilities. And he’s got the cache to pull any elite kid from The West to The East. Urban to Texas, USC, or Miami would be absolutely sick.

Why do u think opposite?

because our fans are half retarded and full of people that put their allegiance above reality on a regular basis. urban has a record of constant success at every stop he's made, but because he brought rings to two of the programs that we hate the most, all of it is a fluke and there's no way he'd win big at the wealthiest program in the country in a state that develops some of the best high school players year in and year out.

Advertisement
Back