Texas and Urban

Advertisement
Part of me is like he would get heart problems at UT within a few years and quit.

The other part of me says he may dominate because he would have Texas playing some defense like no other team in the Conference.

Would be interesting to see how it plays out.

Maybe he has a goal of winning a championship in every P5 conference. If so, I'd like to volunteer Miami as his ACC team.
That would be a **** of an accomplishment and possible , unrealistic that it actually happens but possible....... People don't like the guy and that's fine but the man can Coach Football... I'd take him here in a second..

Advertisement
F.u.c.k. what's good for CFB if anything is good I want it to be for Miami. If he ain't coming here then fck him and fck ______ school.
I mean, I get what you’re saying. But our team has sucked for the majority of the last 2 decades. CFB is my favorite sport. If UM isn’t doing well, I at least want to be entertained on Saturdays and not be able to predict who’s in the playoff before the season even starts. That’s all I’m saying.

Live look at contract negotiations w/ UT & Meyers:

1607095753825.gif

Advertisement
I casually thought about this a couple days ago when Texas lost again. Would be an interesting place for him to be. Does he have any Texas ties? I suppose it won’t matter much. I’ve always thought Texas is the biggest disgrace to college football the last 15 years.. no reason they shouldn’t be a top team.
Jumbo had literally no ties to Texas and is loving it there.

I just question whether Urban is cut out for a place like Austin (had the same thoughts about LA when he was linked to USC). It ain't quite the College town like it used to be. Of course money will make him give it the ol College try regardless.

It would be good for college football if he went to Texas and put them back on the map. Most people are sick of the college football oligopoly — Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State
For those who have a problem with my statement....

CFB is more entertaining when teams like Michigan, Texas, and USC are good. I’m not saying I want them to win at our expense, but I sure as **** don’t want the same 4 teams in the playoff every year. It’s bad for the longevity of the sport.

Imo Meyer will not have the same success at Texas that he’s had in previous stops.
Cook.
Why do u feel that?

Imo, he’ll have uber success. Texas has more money than God; they have just as fertile of a natural recruiting landscape as Florida. Outstanding, OUTSTANDING facilities. And he’s got the cache to pull any elite kid from The West to The East. Urban to Texas, USC, or Miami would be absolutely sick.

Why do u think opposite?

Advertisement
Cook.
Why do u feel that?

Imo, he’ll have uber success. Texas has more money than God; they have just as fertile of a natural recruiting landscape as Florida. Outstanding, OUTSTANDING facilities. And he’s got the cache to pull any elite kid from The West to The East. Urban to Texas, USC, or Miami would be absolutely sick.

Why do u think opposite?

Agreed. He checks every box. (1) He will hire an exceptional staff. And coaches all over the country will want to join him, as he has a history of permitting coaches to use positions with him as a springboard to a bigger, better job. (2) He can recruit and develop talent. The man has an eye for talent. (3) He's a mercenary. He's ruthless. He's dirty and shovels stuff under the carpet but he wins.

In the end, he'll get tired or bored and saddle them with some bad classes or some problems but he'll give them (or any program) a good 3-5 year run.

Advertisement
I mean, I get what you’re saying. But our team has sucked for the majority of the last 2 decades. CFB is my favorite sport. If UM isn’t doing well, I at least want to be entertained on Saturdays and not be able to predict who’s in the playoff before the season even starts. That’s all I’m saying.
You're not wrong but I hate that he will make them better.

I would love to be his agent right about now. Texas is a good job. Notice how I didn’t say great. This is so because there’s too many cooks in the kitchen. Every booster thinks they know best and they meddle constantly. And also you have to show up to events and shmooze and kiss their ***. Maybe they give urban some leeway cause he’s a proven winner. But that’s why they loved Mack and hated strong and Herman. Urban should ask for 20 million cause why the **** not. He’s about as sure a thing as possible

Agreed. He checks every box. (1) He will hire an exceptional staff. And coaches all over the country will want to join him, as he has a history of permitting coaches to use positions with him as a springboard to a bigger, better job. (2) He can recruit and develop talent. The man has an eye for talent. (3) He's a mercenary. He's ruthless. He's dirty and shovels stuff under the carpet but he wins.

In the end, he'll get tired or bored and saddle them with some bad classes or some problems but he'll give them (or any program) a good 3-5 year run.
Exactly; we know his trail go, but I can almost, allllllmost promise u, Texas would be getting a chip during his tenure there.....and some NCAA violations that’ll magically disappear. Lol

Also I personally would like to see it happen because it would balance the power out a bit. I hate how it’s the same teams every year. And Texas won’t come into south Florida often. They’ll go into Texas Louisiana and California mostly. So I say ***** it. Add another possible foil to the SEC and taint slurp fest

Advertisement
Back