Off-Topic Texas A&M's top receiver just got arrested, facing gun + drug charges

I hope you send your daughter to school where you are comfortable doing so! Be careful of all the fear mongering going on. There are no grooming workshops for teachers to attend. I am not even sure what it is you are trying to say exactly? Groomed to say ***, be *** godless immoral and self centered? To traffic them around the world?
I don't know what is so scary about attending public school. As a teacher I can say, how kids are raised by their parents or guardians has a huge impact on how kids act and behave. The peers that each student chooses will then have the next driving factor on how kids act and behave. Is your kid a leader or follower? All those types of things will contribute to her success. I would pull my children out of most public middle schools fwiw.
Public middle schools are an interesting place.

Advertisement
Probably not a good idea to be carrying a gun illegally in Texas these days. We talk about trying to find solutions to gun problems.. we should at least enforce our current laws. Hopefully this kids previous clean record keeps him from being an example but we'll see what happens in this case. I don't care about the dwi or weed compared to the gun.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

@Confidence1000 - not sure if this qualifies or not.
I’m no expert but I believe that sped through “pause” completely obliterating it on a way to a hard

batman stop GIF

My daughter is 2 so still to early to tell. Plenty of evidence on social media platforms of teachers grooming children. Teaching about homosexuality and that whites are inherently racist. Completely off the subject of this thread.

A teachers job is to teach math, science, history. Absolutely no reason to teach social issues.
That’s ******* awesome having a two year old. I have a niece and nephew that are under 4 I believe. Lol
I can tell you want the best for your daughter! My guess is what ever you decide will be with best intentions whatever it is. I could never fault someone for that!

Period nothing else coming. Hope ya hit lottery and give her percentage of THAT pie that enhances her life, but does not cripple her metaphorically!

Advertisement
That’s ******* awesome having a two year old. I have a niece and nephew that are under 4 I believe. Lol
I can tell you want the best for your daughter! My guess is what ever you decide will be with best intentions whatever it is. I could never fault someone for that!

Period nothing else coming. Hope ya hit lottery and give her percentage of THAT pie that enhances her life, but does not cripple her metaphorically!
The area you and i completely agree upon is parents raising their children. In my opinion most parents do a horrible job raising their children and then send these badass kids to school where teachers have a impossible job trying to teach them.

It starts at home. Its my responsibility as a parent to raise a good human being that fits into society.

Probably not a good idea to be carrying a gun illegally in Texas these days. We talk about trying to find solutions to gun problems.. we should at least enforce our current laws. Hopefully this kids previous clean record keeps him from being an example but we'll see what happens in this case. I don't care about the dwi or weed compared to the gun.
You cant act like gun crime is a serious issue in this country and then let people slide on gun crime.

all charges will be dropped....

you'll seevi
Because he plays football and a top contributor for AtM, he'll likely get probation if he doesn't have any past criminal convictions. This is America.

However, guns, alcohol, and weed don't mix for a successful life outcome for himself or anyone around him.

He may or may not learn from this, as I expect AtM to suspend him only until the charges are dropped which will be just in time for Fall camp.

See how that works. This is America.

Advertisement
Because he plays football and a top contributor for AtM, he'll likely get probation if he doesn't have any past criminal convictions. This is America.

However, guns, alcohol, and weed don't mix for a successful life outcome for himself or anyone around him.

He may or may not learn from this, as I expect AtM to suspend him only until the charges are dropped which will be just in time for Fall camp.

See how that works. This is America.
you'll see....

They will determine that although he didn't pass the field sobriety test, he was not intoxicated. They will then determine, if he's not intoxicated, the vehicle was not supposed to be searched and the weapon charge is inadmissible. Oh, and his friend in the car says the weed is his...= charges dropped

you'll see....

They will determine that although he didn't pass the field sobriety test, he was not intoxicated. They will then determine, if he's not intoxicated, the vehicle was not supposed to be searched and the weapon charge is inadmissible. Oh, and his friend in the car says the weed is his...= charges dropped

I still got my money on he plays against us, and if he’s suspended it’ll be one or two games before our game.

You would if, like my step-father, your first family is killed off by a drunk driver................

Advertisement
you'll see....

Texas is a constitutional carry state. However, you can't carry if you're intoxicated, hence the weapons charge. You definitely can't carry with weed. If the weed and the DWI get dropped, then there's no cause for the weapons charge either and that will also get dropped.

"drug charges" referring to an ounce of weed is so f*cking lame. You can literally do much more damage with a bottle of Advil.
I'm a regular smoker, & I agree. Here in Vegas, there aren't many neighborhoods more than a 5 minute drive from a recreational dispensary....you can practically smoke on the street without issue....but in Texas, it's a charge.

Advertisement
So running over somebody while drunk is no big deal as long as you don't have a gun?

Also, let's be real...possession of 1oz & a rolled joint in the backseat...he was more than likely drinking and smoking, regardless of what his friend says, which is a different animal compared to either one on its own...pretty reckless if you ask me. It's probably why he failed the sobriety test while below the BAC limit.

You would if, like my step-father, your first family is killed off by a drunk driver................
I guess I should have said 'in this case.' So, in this case, since he didn't run over anyone or kill anyone, I'm more concerned about the gun charge. People get dwi every day, doesn't excuse it, but if we're gonna act like we care about gun laws people need to be charged when they break them. If that requires the dwi or weed in this case, I hope they don't drop the charges.

Advertisement
Back