Off-Topic Texas A&M's top receiver just got arrested, facing gun + drug charges

Advertisement
I guess I should have said 'in this case.' So, in this case, since he didn't run over anyone or kill anyone, I'm more concerned about the gun charge. People get dwi every day, doesn't excuse it, but if we're gonna act like we care about gun laws people need to be charged when they break them. If that requires the dwi or weed in this case, I hope they don't drop the charges.
Well, we agree on the gun thing.

Sorry, I forgot that’s how it works. As long as you haven’t run somebody over yet, DWI is no big deal. Shame somebody has to get hurt first, but that’s the law!
The only person saying that is you brother. I was making a comparison to the other charges in this case. If we don't agree we don't agree, but you're saying things I'm not saying.

Lock him TF up. It is kind of appalling to see how indifferent people are about intoxicated driving, even if only a little bit. Must be lucky and not had any morons like this kid kill a family member or friend yet. And to anyone that is not participating in the social contract of driving sober every time, **** you, disrespectfully.

Advertisement
I guess I should have said 'in this case.' So, in this case, since he didn't run over anyone or kill anyone, I'm more concerned about the gun charge. People get dwi every day, doesn't excuse it, but if we're gonna act like we care about gun laws people need to be charged when they break them. If that requires the dwi or weed in this case, I hope they don't drop the charges.
I respect your view here. It seems the gun charge is most troubling to you. Is it suspected he had a ghost gun? Serial number removed? Magazine illegal? Did he steal the gun? What made it illegal for him to have it? Or are you suggesting because drinking and driving along with smoking are so abhorrent that when paired up with a firearm it is an unpardonable sin?
I would like to better understand the gun charge. If the gun itself with him is kosher sans the impairment, then I think it is absolutely a ridiculous gun charge. If he had used a Breathalyzer thing in his car to allow him to drive, the car would have started up. Cannabis, give me a break. When the hippies start shooting people Ill reconsider my views here.

Advertisement
Or are you suggesting because drinking and driving along with smoking are so abhorrent that when paired up with a firearm it is an unpardonable sin?

Texas thinks so. A gun paired with drug and/or alcohol impairment = Texas suspending your 2A rights for 5 years. And I was wrong on my previous post to you, in Texas you can conceal carry on campus.

Wait...so that lawyer can tell if someone was or wasnt under the influence just from reading a document.

Mario needs to add him to staff. Thats amazing.

Texas thinks so. A gun paired with drug and/or alcohol impairment = Texas suspending your 2A rights for 5 years. And I was wrong on my previous post to you, in Texas you can conceal carry on campus.

The weed wasn't his. If he had a breath lock on his steering wheel, it would have come off. He wasn't impaired. Come on man you know the charges were bull**** from the jump.

Advertisement
The weed wasn't his. If he had a breath lock on his steering wheel, it would have come off. He wasn't impaired. Come on man you know the charges were bull**** from the jump.
Lol.

He’s a ******* elite level athlete and he failed a field sobriety test. Apologists like yourr being are the reason why these kids end up killing an innocent person on their way to their job at 5am.

Lol.

He’s a ******* elite level athlete and he failed a field sobriety test. Apologists like yourr being are the reason why these kids end up killing an innocent person on their way to their job at 5am.
He blew .061 .066. If he had a breath lock on his steering wheel, it would have allowed him to drive. Go do a field sobriety test sober and see how you do.

Advertisement
Respectfully, the cop gave him the test. He blew 0.61 0.66. Im saying had the kid had the breathalyzer on his steering wheel, he would have unlocked it based on not being over the limit. Based on the two breaths he gave cop. He was under the limit. Not impaired. The fact that someone else could have blown for him in his car doesn't matter here because he blew .061 with a cop.

I respect your view here. It seems the gun charge is most troubling to you. Is it suspected he had a ghost gun? Serial number removed? Magazine illegal? Did he steal the gun? What made it illegal for him to have it? Or are you suggesting because drinking and driving along with smoking are so abhorrent that when paired up with a firearm it is an unpardonable sin?
I would like to better understand the gun charge. If the gun itself with him is kosher sans the impairment, then I think it is absolutely a ridiculous gun charge. If he had used a Breathalyzer thing in his car to allow him to drive, the car would have started up. Cannabis, give me a break. When the hippies start shooting people Ill reconsider my views here.
I don't know exactly what the charge is but if he's illegally carrying a firearm then I hope he has to deal with that. I have a cwp and I carry.. I also feel like if we can't get any new gun laws we **** sure better enforce the ones we have. It bothers me if someone is carrying illegally. This is a general statement, if there's more to the situation I'm open to feeling differently than I do now.

I don't know exactly what the charge is but if he's illegally carrying a firearm then I hope he has to deal with that. I have a cwp and I carry.. I also feel like if we can't get any new gun laws we **** sure better enforce the ones we have. It bothers me if someone is carrying illegally. This is a general statement, if there's more to the situation I'm open to feeling differently than I do now.

I think we are both waiting to see what makes the gun charge the gun charge. Fair enough.

Advertisement
Back