Testaverde vs. Rosier for the backup QB spot

Per Twitter
Brad Kaaya shares that Evan Shirreffs has had an injury on his throwing hand throughout camp. Notes it's hampered him during No. 2 QB race.

Stop jumping to conclusions all the time. We DONT know whether these players are dealing with injuries or not like this case

It's all these homos do well around here. Idiots actually break down five second clips

It's really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Oh boy, we might be in trouble next yr if Kaaya leaves early for the NFL.
We can roll with N'Kosi Perry & bring in a Grad Transfer for insurance.
Playing a True Freshman QB isn't foreign in college football anymore, Perry has a great arm & is a great athlete as well.
Plus Allison will be developing all this season, he should be ready to go by next year if need be, I wouldn't panic just yet.

Lol at Perry starting year 1. If he does, we're screwed.
Then Allison or a Grad Transfer

According to Pete's tweet, Vincent Testaverde and Rosier are the two QB's fighting to be Brad's backup. Furthermore, he notes that Richt is looking for consistency and Allison and Sherreffs arent providing it. Discuss:

What seemed obvious to me (reading in between the lines) is that the # 2 guy is not nearly as talented as BK and all CMR wants at this point is the guy who will make the least amount of mistakes.

Shocked. Rosier has been terrible. Don't think he completed a single pass on Wednesday.

Then again, nobody has been good so nothing should surprise me.

Advertisement
From the little I've seen, Rosier looked wildly erratic.

Testeverde did not look capable of stepping in for Kaaya in an actual game, though he was a bit more accurate than expected. For those of you who remember when Dan Marino got hurt, he looks like a Steve DeBerg-type: minimal mistakes, etc.

Shirreffs didn't look great at all, but showed some playmaking with his feet and minimum requirements to hit passes in the flats, etc.

Odd.

Last edited:
Fire being lit under QB's and 2nd team OLinemen. I like that Coach Richt is not playing favorites. Many of these kids finding it hard adjusting to real coaching, physical and mental execution. Team will improve as more competitive kids come in and increase the level of competition.

Testeverde did not look capable of stepping in for Kaaya in an actual game, though he was a bit more accurate than expected. For those of you who remember when Dan Marino got hurt, he looks like a Steve DeBerg-type: minimal mistakes, etc.

Does he have a sweet *** play-action ball fake like DeBerg had?

Advertisement

Does he have a sweet *** play-action ball fake like DeBerg had?

**** no. Don't think I've seen one that good since. Manning and Luck are up there, but Deberg might as well have been a magician at kids' parties.

From the little you've seen [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] and from the scrimmages [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] what is the tempo of the offense? Are plays just simply being called and run faster? Is it uptempo no-huddle? Does the success of the play determine whether the offense will get into uptempo mode?

From the little you've seen @LuCane and from the scrimmages @DMoney what is the tempo of the offense? Are plays just simply being called and run faster? Is it uptempo no-huddle? Does the success of the play determine whether the offense will get into uptempo mode?

I haven't seen enough to comment about the tempo. I'm as curious as anyone what that will look like.

I understand the fact that Rosier has game experience and that can't be duplicated but I'm curious how he's handling Richt's offense. Coley had to run a straight spread against Duke last year because Malik struggled under center.

Advertisement
Perhaps Rosier/Testaverde will be named the official backup for Game 1 while Evan heals and then Evan "passes" him for the #2 spot when healthy?

Rosier might just be a gamer. He looked surprisingly competent against Puke last year.

If he's been working behind that 2nd string OL against the first team D in practice that could explain a lot of his issues. That's a fcking mismatch of epic proportions. If you're being gang-raped a second after you take a snap it's tough to perform optimally.

P.S. If we can find a Steve DeBerg type backup we're in good shape. That dude was solid and actually had a few good years as a starter in the league.

I understand the fact that Rosier has game experience and that can't be duplicated but I'm curious how he's handling Richt's offense. Coley had to run a straight spread against Duke last year because Malik struggled under center.

Coley ran his disjointed version of the spread the entire year. The only time we under center the entire year was in short yardage situations and inside the 5. He may have called less plays for Rosier in that game but we were a no-tempo spread team the whole year.

Advertisement
Perhaps Rosier/Testaverde will be named the official backup for Game 1 while Evan heals and then Evan "passes" him for the #2 spot when healthy?

Maybe Evan just isn't all that good. I wouldn't assume he's being passed because he was nicked up. Richt puts a premium on a backup QB who doesn't "blow up the ship" or whatever phrase he used.

Coley ran his disjointed version of the spread the entire year. The only time we under center the entire year was in short yardage situations and inside the 5. He may have called less plays for Rosier in that game but we were a no-tempo spread team the whole year.

Coley ran waay too much shotgun all year but he even said himself that the game plan and playbook for Duke were more geared towards the spread offense that Rosier was comfortable running. They didn't ask him to do much, just make your pre-snap read and throw it but he played well.

I think when it comes down to it Captain Jack will be the guy if Brad gets hurt (pray dear God he doesn't). Jack's the future of that position and has the highest upside.

I think when it comes down to it Captain Jack will be the guy if Brad gets hurt (pray dear God he doesn't). Jack's the future of that position and has the highest upside.

So your theory is that Richt will put in the 4th team QB if Kaaya goes down because you think Allison is better than the other guys?

Advertisement
Back