Testaverde vs. Rosier for the backup QB spot

Advertisement
I think when it comes down to it Captain Jack will be the guy if Brad gets hurt (pray dear God he doesn't). Jack's the future of that position and has the highest upside.

So your theory is that Richt will put in the 4th team QB if Kaaya goes down because you think Allison is better than the other guys?

All I'm hearing is that nobody is separating themselves, and most observers like DMoney say that Rosier has been terrible. So yeah, I think if its midseason and Brad goes down Richt will go with the guy who has the most potential.

No matter how this competition goes it's still better than having Spencer Whipple as back up.

Kirby Freeman says hello. We have had pure trash at the backup spot for so long... Too long. I'd take the current crop of guys, even with their faults, over anything we've had the last 12 years.

Richt made Kaaya run extra laps after practice a while back for throwing an interception. No tolerance for mistakes period at the QB position or you're riding the pine.

According to Pete's tweet, Vincent Testaverde and Rosier are the two QB's fighting to be Brad's backup. Furthermore, he notes that Richt is looking for consistency and Allison and Sherreffs arent providing it. Discuss:

What seemed obvious to me (reading in between the lines) is that the # 2 guy is not nearly as talented as BK and all CMR wants at this point is the guy who will make the least amount of mistakes.

I think when it comes down to it Captain Jack will be the guy if Brad gets hurt (pray dear God he doesn't). Jack's the future of that position and has the highest upside.

So your theory is that Richt will put in the 4th team QB if Kaaya goes down because you think Allison is better than the other guys?

All I'm hearing is that nobody is separating themselves, and most observers like DMoney say that Rosier has been terrible. So yeah, I think if its midseason and Brad goes down Richt will go with the guy who has the most potential.

He's going to go with the guy taking 2nd team reps. That's how it works. Then, he'll work his way down from there.

Advertisement

He's going to go with the guy taking 2nd team reps. That's how it works. Then, he'll work his way down from there.

That's true. But the guy taking second team reps today might not be the guy taking second team reps in a month's time.

Not gonna lie... in that Duke game Rozier made some throws that Kayaa couldnt make...it appeared that he took a step back however over the spring I dont know what to make of this

Allison is the presumed starter after Kaaya leaves. Wasting a redshirt year would not make sense unless he is the only option to win a game. He has yet to separate himself from the pack and make himself that option.

A much-improved defense, a solid supporting cast on offense, and competent play-calling will help whomever is playing QB.

Advertisement
There is something comforting about a headsmart tall limited mobility pocket passer starting QB with a Testaverde backing him up both coached by a classy HC who has something to prove -- that he can win it all as head man. Okay, reaching but still.

Where the **** did Testaverde come from.....I figured he was just a loin of a legacy tagging along as a scout-teamer to get girls at the football parties. Good on em to grind the depth chart

Advertisement
I would have no fear about making Rosier the #2 guy. I seen the throws this guy can make in a real game.

Advertisement
Back