TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog and TOC, you are hoping for the best. But you have no idea. A QB is protected in practice. They learn the tendencies of their teammates on the defense. They aren’t carrying the team on their back.

Jarren Williams and Brad Kaaya and Stephen Morris and Kyle Wright were all raved about on Greentree. None of them would win against a BCS championship team. Games are different than practices for QB more than any other position. Even mop up time in games aren’t good evidence. Look at how Martell played in mopup time at TOSU.

I want to believe TVD is the next Bernie Kosar. But until he faces Bama in game 1 we’re guessing. So the only smart move is to hope for the best and plan for the worst by bringing in a proven grad transfer like King.

Now if Lashlee can get Van Dyke some real snaps this season so he shows what he’s got, great. But sitting at #3 means he gets one series of handoffs against a team we beat by 40 points to run the clock down.
Thank you very much! Was disappointed we didn't get to see TVD, but in Lashlee we trust.

Advertisement
Hmmm...play TVD at QB...or play NOBODY GOOD at CB...
I'd rather play a ******* walkon at CB and have King as my QB another season. It is honestly the easiest decision I'd have to make. QB is by far more important than CB, and I think CB is the 2nd or 3rd most important position on defense after Edge and maybe DT. I mean obviously King being older significantly reduces the chances of him returning, unless he has like zero hopes of being drafted. But if he were open to it and it took a bag, I'd give him it no question...

Advertisement
Dog and TOC, you are hoping for the best. But you have no idea. A QB is protected in practice. They learn the tendencies of their teammates on the defense. They aren’t carrying the team on their back.

Jarren Williams and Brad Kaaya and Stephen Morris and Kyle Wright were all raved about on Greentree. None of them would win against a BCS championship team. Games are different than practices for QB more than any other position. Even mop up time in games aren’t good evidence. Look at how Martell played in mopup time at TOSU.

I want to believe TVD is the next Bernie Kosar. But until he faces Bama in game 1 we’re guessing. So the only smart move is to hope for the best and plan for the worst by bringing in a proven grad transfer like King.

Now if Lashlee can get Van Dyke some real snaps this season so he shows what he’s got, great. But sitting at #3 means he gets one series of handoffs against a team we beat by 40 points to run the clock down.

Look, I'm not mad at ya, but you have to get rid of the slump-shouldered, shell-shocked, PTSD Canes fan nonsense. I'm sick and tired of a motherfvcking Ohio State Fvckeye acting like he is the end-all, be-all expert on Miami QBs over the past 20 years.

And you should absolutely not use Jarren Williams' name in the same sentence as those others. Those other QBs, while not hitting the absolute heights of their ability, could be trusted to start games. ****, Kaaya started as a freshman.

People somehow forget that those QBs were **** good, but were surrounded by some strange teams. For instance, what about the time period when Coker nearly stopped recruiting WRs:

2003: Darnell Jenkins (4 star)
2004: Lance Leggett (5 star), Khalil Jones (2 star)
2005: Nobody
2006: Sam Shields (4 star), George "Hands of Stone" Robinson (2 star)

Good lord, over a FOUR YEAR period, we signed the number of quality WRs (3) that we should sign in ONE YEAR. And 5 total guys in 4 years. Shocking.

And don't even get me started on our OLs. ****, the very reason that Brad Kaaya fell short of his potential was because of the sacks, not because he didn't have great ability. If you are a head coach, it is your job to recruit and build the entire team. If you don't have a mobile QB, you recruit the OL accordingly. Lots of other coaches manage to do so.

The fact remains, Brad Kaaya, Jacory Harris, and Stephen Morris are three of our four best ALL-TIME quarterbacks by passing yardage and TD passes (and Kyle Wright is 10th in passing yardage). That's real. If we ended up ******** those guys over with bad OLs and bad WRs, we can't ignore that.

I love what King is doing, but let's not pretend like we have had terrible QBs since Dorsey. We've had some terrible teams.

But to act like Miami can never find another QB, can never trust another young QB, that we ONLY have the choice to try to keep King...

Enjoy our one year with King and get ready for the TVD era.

Look, I'm not mad at ya, but you have to get rid of the slump-shouldered, shell-shocked, PTSD Canes fan nonsense. I'm sick and tired of a motherfvcking Ohio State Fvckeye acting like he is the end-all, be-all expert on Miami QBs over the past 20 years.

And you should absolutely not use Jarren Williams' name in the same sentence as those others. Those other QBs, while not hitting the absolute heights of their ability, could be trusted to start games. ****, Kaaya started as a freshman.

People somehow forget that those QBs were **** good, but were surrounded by some strange teams. For instance, what about the time period when Coker nearly stopped recruiting WRs:

Good lord, over a FOUR YEAR period, we signed the number of quality WRs (3) that we should sign in ONE YEAR. And 5 total guys in 4 years. Shocking.

And don't even get me started on our OLs. ****, the very reason that Brad Kaaya fell short of his potential was because of the sacks, not because he didn't have great ability. If you are a head coach, it is your job to recruit and build the entire team. If you don't have a mobile QB, you recruit the OL accordingly. Lots of other coaches manage to do so.

The fact remains, Brad Kaaya, Jacory Harris, and Stephen Morris are three of our four best ALL-TIME quarterbacks by passing yardage and TD passes (and Kyle Wright is 10th in passing yardage). That's real. If we ended up ******** those guys over with bad OLs and bad WRs, we can't ignore that.

I love what King is doing, but let's not pretend like we have had terrible QBs since Dorsey. We've had some terrible teams.

But to act like Miami can never find another QB, can never trust another young QB, that we ONLY have the choice to try to keep King...

You don’t like Herbstreit?

You don’t like Herbstreit?

I'm OK with him as an analyst, but he doesn't know our program better than we know it.

I appreciate his compliments. I don't appreciate him acting as if Miami has had no players and no quality since his alma mater cheated us out of our sixth ring.

Advertisement

I went back and watched a few Kyle Wright games on youtube. He made some very impressive throws in that 2005 season. He kind of fell of next year though.

I'd rather play a ******* walkon at CB and have King as my QB another season. It is honestly the easiest decision I'd have to make. QB is by far more important than CB, and I think CB is the 2nd or 3rd most important position on defense after Edge and maybe DT. I mean obviously King being older significantly reduces the chances of him returning, unless he has like zero hopes of being drafted. But if he were open to it and it took a bag, I'd give him it no question...

You can hide deficiencies at CB with a good front 7 and safety over the top.

There's no hiding deficiencies at QB. That's been pretty obvious to Canes fans for quite some time now.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst. IMHO, it's a 0.000000001% chance he comes back. So either TVD is next man up, or you get a grad transfer QB.
I hope he comes back. I would like him and Lashlee to get one more season under their belt. King is 23 and it's not like he's gonna be a 1st or 2nd round qb. One more year will not hurt him. He would have 3 good years of film.

I'm OK with him as an analyst, but he doesn't know our program better than we know it.

I appreciate his compliments. I don't appreciate him acting as if Miami has had no players and no quality since his alma mater cheated us out of our sixth ring.
Terry Porter cheated us. That school was the lucky benefactor.

Advertisement

Agree to disagree then. I admire all those guys except Jarren, too. Kaaya was a true warrior battling on after getting his tooth knocked out vs FSU. But they were not championship QBs.

Burrow, Lawrence, Tua, Watson were our last national championship QBs. Others of note in the playoffs include Jalen Hurts, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield.

Is TVD one of those guys? How do you know? King may not be that good either, we haven’t seen his ceiling yet. But we knew he had a very high floor coming into the season based on his performance on the field. We need that type of QB next year, too. Feel free to disagree. I’m done trying to argue.

But it's not one season, right? The question is a 5-star CB for the next three years vs. King for ONE more year.

T2 with James on the defense will be nasty..... But remember the name A'mahri McCray when its all over. Alot of people gonna say how we missed out on this kid

Advertisement
Agree to disagree then. I admire all those guys except Jarren, too. Kaaya was a true warrior battling on after getting his tooth knocked out vs FSU. But they were not championship QBs.

Burrow, Lawrence, Tua, Watson were our last national championship QBs. Others of note in the playoffs include Jalen Hurts, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield.

Is TVD one of those guys? How do you know? King may not be that good either, we haven’t seen his ceiling yet. But we knew he had a very high floor coming into the season based on his performance on the field. We need that type of QB next year, too. Feel free to disagree. I’m done trying to argue.

Give me a fvckin' break. I'm not saying TVD will win a national championship in his first year. But just go back ONE YEAR on Burrow, when we played him in the first game. Nobody thought he was gonna win a championship either.

Come on, compare first-year apples to first-year apples. Everyone has to be a first-time starter sometime.

King has been here for 3 games.

Cheating by playing a running back who never should have been eligible...
That offense was nothing without Clarett.

Krenzel was garbage - The 2nd leading rusher (600 yards) averaged 3.7 yards per carry. They had one 1,000 yards receiver and everyone else had less than 20 catches and less than 200 yards.

Without Clarett, that team wouldn't have been in the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back