TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We know King is amazing, but between King staying or Marshall flipping, I would rather give the 250k to Lashlee for him to stay. As long as we have a solid QB (Whether it be TVD or someone else), Lashlee will get the ball to the playmakers we have lined up for years to come. Lashlee>King>Marshall though if I had to choose in order. Take the proven QB over a possible stud at corner.

Nail on head. How did Joe Burrows go from decent QB to all-universe? Taj Boyd went from winning 6 games to 10? Miami's OL went from giving up sacks to Central Michigan and FIU to allowing zero sacks to an FSU defense with first round talent, and now only giving up 3 sacks on the season? A good OC makes all the difference. Pay the man his money.

In any case, Miami can't outpay UT for T2 but he's smart enough to realize that the Tennessee football program is not even close to competing for a SEC championship, while it's pretty obvious to everyone now that Miami is the 2nd best team in the ACC.

Last edited:
We know King is amazing, but between King staying or Marshall flipping, I would rather give the 250k to Lashlee for him to stay. As long as we have a solid QB (Whether it be TVD or someone else), Lashlee will get the ball to the playmakers we have lined up for years to come. Lashlee>King>Marshall though if I had to choose in order. Take the proven QB over a possible stud at corner.
We talkin bag $$$ for talent upgrades not coaches salary, but I do agree Lash is looking like the most valuable pickup this offseason if ranked. The cogs in the wheel will still turn with lesser talent, but King is fookin electric.

Advertisement
Advertisement
$250K is cheap for Lashlee.

Lashlee has worked with QBs without the greatest skill set. He's also worked with TVD. I think he has a better idea than us if TVD has "it".

Don't include me inn that "we". Eye have an idea that TVD is good.

Dog and TOC, you are hoping for the best. But you have no idea. A QB is protected in practice. They learn the tendencies of their teammates on the defense. They aren’t carrying the team on their back.

Jarren Williams and Brad Kaaya and Stephen Morris and Kyle Wright were all raved about on Greentree. None of them would win against a BCS championship team. Games are different than practices for QB more than any other position. Even mop up time in games aren’t good evidence. Look at how Martell played in mopup time at TOSU.

I want to believe TVD is the next Bernie Kosar. But until he faces Bama in game 1 we’re guessing. So the only smart move is to hope for the best and plan for the worst by bringing in a proven grad transfer like King.

Now if Lashlee can get Van Dyke some real snaps this season so he shows what he’s got, great. But sitting at #3 means he gets one series of handoffs against a team we beat by 40 points to run the clock down.

Dog and TOC, you are hoping for the best. But you have no idea. A QB is protected in practice. They learn the tendencies of their teammates on the defense. They aren’t carrying the team on their back.

Jarren Williams and Brad Kaaya and Stephen Morris and Kyle Wright were all raved about on Greentree. None of them would win against a BCS championship team. Games are different than practices for QB more than any other position. Even mop up time in games aren’t good evidence. Look at how Martell played in mopup time at TOSU.

I want to believe TVD is the next Bernie Kosar. But until he faces Bama in game 1 we’re guessing. So the only smart move is to hope for the best and plan for the worst by bringing in a proven grad transfer like King.

Now if Lashlee can get Van Dyke some real snaps this season so he shows what he’s got, great. But sitting at #3 means he gets one series of handoffs against a team we beat by 40 points to run the clock down.
Great point! But, those are problems or issues that aren't necessarily important right now still got time grove!

Advertisement
Great point! But, those are problems or issues that aren't necessarily important right now still got time grove!

Fair. I’m just saying you got to hold on to that final IC scholly until you KNOW what you’ve got in TVD. We do not. You can’t give it away to anyone, I don’t care if it’s Marshall or Lewis or Brooks or whomever.

We need to be certain we have a #1 QB on roster for next season. And Perry and Matocha aren’t that. And we have do not KNOW if Van Dyke is that.

Advertisement

Eye dew have an idea. Ewe may knot, eye due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back