TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No ******* way dude. Top QB we've had in years or a CB? Not even close.

Yeah some people keep thinking that we should throw money at unproven HS players. Nope. Looking at it like a businessman, if I wanted to make sure my money was well spent, I would focus on "incentivizing" players to not declare early. Unless a kid is an absolute can't miss .99999999999 rated on 247, it's just throwing money away to spend on a kid like Marshall (btw is now a 4 star on 247) who, based on what I can tell about his character so far, is just as likely to take Miami's money and commit to Bama instead, or commit to Miami and transfer the next year.

We can and have landed other 4 stars that don't cost money, but the jury is still out on all CBs not named Blades, as recruiting those players requires a CB coach that is excellent at recruiting and player evals (which rules Rumph out). Paying for CBs is pure laziness and a waste of money, especially for Miami. If a kid is so good that you think it's worth paying him, I guarantee you that other schools with much, much deeper pockets are thinking the same thing. We signed 4 star Christian Williams. Would he have been worth any money to keep away from Bama?

Now, if there were an elite college player in the portal, I could see a little extra somethin' somethin' to secure his services. But how often does a premier corner show up in the portal? Reality is you have to recruit and develop that talent.

Advertisement
**** yes. It's better to pay $250K to get a guy for 3 or more years than it is to just get one year out of it.
Your a pretty sharp dude

but rationalizing a Corner for 3 years when you can have an Elite QB next year (hopefully following up a 10+ win season and nice post season bowl win) with a win over Bama and a 10+ win season? Lol

That takes the program back to the level it should and more importantly projects us back as a favorable destination for blue chip recruits

We have no idea if TVD is any good. In fact, Dunson and Clarke are now more proven at the college level than TVD.

"No idea".

Yeah, all the comments from his teammates give us no indication, right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What do you expect them to say. Choc Gray always got ravs from players also.

Riiiight. Gray was well-liked, but nobody was "raving" about him they way that the current team talks about TVD. But, yeah, besides that, they are identical situations.

Advertisement
This is sound reasoning, this is a new graphic as well, the wheels are certainly turning. I’ve heard him and JW have known each other for a long time so maybe there’s some juice to this.
I remember seeing posts of JW lobbying for the staff to recruit T2 after JW's commitment.

We know King is amazing, but between King staying or Marshall flipping, I would rather give the 250k to Lashlee for him to stay. As long as we have a solid QB (Whether it be TVD or someone else), Lashlee will get the ball to the playmakers we have lined up for years to come. Lashlee>King>Marshall though if I had to choose in order. Take the proven QB over a possible stud at corner.

We know King is amazing, but between King staying or Marshall flipping, I would rather give the 250k to Lashlee for him to stay. As long as we have a solid QB (Whether it be TVD or someone else), Lashlee will get the ball to the playmakers we have lined up for years to come. Lashlee>King>Marshall though if I had to choose in order. Take the proven QB over a possible stud at corner.

That wasn't the question. We can pay Lashlee whatever we want. On a W-2 and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back