TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
No denying the kid’s talent, easy 5⭐. Whatever the off field issues are what they are, I’ll leave it up to the coaches if they want to take him or not. But if he does end up in the class, that’s a **** good player at a position we haven’t really recruited all that well (stars wise at least).
Agree kid has five star written all over him....we really need to stack that position as well. Would take no questions asked....don't know the story, but I do trust LCE and I feel greedy this staff is spoiling me. Bring me this savage

Advertisement
You guys are being pretty flippant with the character issues. I don’t know what they are exactly, but any issues involving women is a major red flag, especially right now. All the high schools is also a red flag. As is any comparison to Willie Williams. How can any of us forget seeing Williams in court, or how little he was able to produce on the football field in part because of the off field issues.
I hope I am wrong in everything I have written but I have to admit to being more than a little cautious.

You guys are being pretty flippant with the character issues. I don’t know what they are exactly, but any issues involving women is a major red flag, especially right now. All the high schools is also a red flag. As is any comparison to Willie Williams. How can any of us forget seeing Williams in court, or how little he was able to produce on the football field in part because of the off field issues.
I hope I am wrong in everything I have written but I have to admit to being more than a little cautious.
Good show him Willie Williams career.....say is this what u want? If the staff feels like they can't get through to him then I'm ok with the pass

Good show him Willie Williams career.....say is this what u want? If the staff feels like they can't get through to him then I'm ok with the pass
I’m wit’s you and I’ll trust the staff. Coker had no chance with getting thru to WW, and maybe nobody could have. A lot depends on the baggage a young man brings to the table. I’ve represented a lot of young people in court and sometimes they are jsut so damaged that it’s takes years of living in a more positive environment to change a person

Quietly this kid is my favorite recruit this cycle. I’ve kept my mouth closed bc I didn’t think we had a chance but this kid is just the perfect fit at LB in Manny’s D. He’s made for it. Going to Tenn over Miami would be an awful mistake for the kid.
I don’t think he’s a take bc of character issues. Or so I’ve read on here that’s the reason but if this man wants in u give him a shot

Advertisement
Are grades an issue or will he be able to qualify right away?

I’m wit’s you and I’ll trust the staff. Coker had no chance with getting thru to WW, and maybe nobody could have. A lot depends on the baggage a young man brings to the table. I’ve represented a lot of young people in court and sometimes they are jsut so damaged that it’s takes years of living in a more positive environment to change a person
Agree some people are who they are man....all jokes aside give me another linebacker with the last name Lewis....that name tho

Advertisement
Dude there’s so many people either wanting in or with legit interest I just don’t see Lewis happening, chase either. We’re about to be busting from the seams....

575C7AD7-2CF0-45E5-942F-4A9EDCB31415.gif

@Cribby BOMB

The staff probably has or are going to do all the due diligence they can on him to see if he should be a take.

Take Lewis. Help him out and give him guidance. He will be a good test for the type of culture that Manny is trying to create. Every great sports culture can absorb a “bad apple” and help him to conform and progress personally. If I remember correctly, this used to be a staple here.

Advertisement
Willie Williams 2.0 and I am good with it as long as he is willing to commit to a personal conduct agreement where he is already starting on strike 2.

Oh man, that's a tough comparison. Young man is good, but old Willie was as surefire an NFL talent as I've seen coming out. Nasty as **** on the field.

That brings me to the other point. Willie had a much more checkered past. If I remember right, 16 arrests by the time he arrived at Baypoint.

I would take him, but that's on talent alone. So would everyone else. It's the off the field stuff that may keep him from a good many schools, but he better run with that chance or he'll be another could've been.

What about this kids social media makes it seem like he wants anything to do with UM? And who on this beta coaching staff (not counting Reed) could even handle him?

They could barely reign in soft spoken JT4

Advertisement
What about this kids social media makes it seem like he wants anything to do with UM? And who on this beta coaching staff (not counting Reed) could even handle him?

They could barely reign in soft spoken JT4
kinda understand but also kinda BS to trash the staff 24 hrs after they land the biggest commitment since 2008.

You put your hands on a woman, that's pretty much it for me. If the staff takes him fine, that's their prerogative, but they better be sure it or anything else will never happen again. Absolutely can't be wrong on this if you're the staff.

I want to win badly, but violence towards women or children is and has always been a bridge to far for me.

Last edited:
This is all I'm gonna say...

I want us to take him, but I understand if we don't.

I obviously don’t know what the story with this kid is but if we do change plans and take him, do we have the staff, particularly, the defensive staff, to keep him focused and disciplined? I can’t see Baker nor Patke connecting and mentoring with a kid like this in these types of situations. Just pure speculation.

Honestly if Chase Smith is down to be a full time LB I'd rather have Smith. Dependability and consistency are more important than a lot of fans looking at recruiting sites can imagine. If there is an issue with a female today at a school like ours I can't imagine the fallout. Sometimes the winning hand is to fold.

Get Leonard Taylor, Mims and Preston Stone along with Brashard and this class is lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back