TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s also a KID. Some grow up later in life and need direction. This is what leaders and coaches are there for
Kid or no kid if what @mjackson6 is saying about his issues are true you don't lead and coach domestic issues with his girl out of him. He needs to figure that out himself. And if he was a 17-18 year sax player we aint putting it on the band leader to fix his problems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Coachable player surrounded by elite level talent up front and on the back end. Let’s not make it seem like he’s got Skalski’s at all 11 positions
Not all Skalski. He just has kid out there who wouldn't be at Clemson without him and Baylon Spector. Or Ben Boulware before him. Kendall Joseph squatty body too. All LBs

Not all Skalski. He just has kid out there who wouldn't be at Clemson without him and Baylon Spector. Or Ben Boulware before him. Kendall Joseph squatty body too
Ben Boulware played with great talent up front. Skalski, Spector, and Joseph all were 3 star athletes coming out. I understand the coachable aspect. Clemson can afford to take those chances when they recruiting elite talent at other positions.

Coachable player surrounded by elite level talent up front and on the back end. Let’s not make it seem like he’s got Skalski’s at all 11 positions
I think Venables is getting a little ****y starting his 2 star sons on defense.

Advertisement
Yes and no to depth and roster woes. Kids definitely sharpen each other. They bring that animal out of its cage. But it's the lack of football coaches worth two ***** on the staff in that same time frame that need to teach the kids how to become that savage. You can have the sharpest teeth in the jungle. But if you got no clue how to hunt you just gonna starve. Just think on it. Be real with y'all selves for a second & think on the position coach's we've had since Coker fired Sarge & art... Ill wait. We've had several in that time span worth something but you also have to realize position coach's can be hindered by the coordinator they under. When has that been in unison?
We agree. Was just noting it because I'm usually the one around here talking about talent and recruiting evals and downplaying development, so I thought I'd throw a bone to the 'development' types. It's everything all together, not one thing or another thing. Not that that should even need to be said.

Advertisement
He’s also not being targeted by Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, etc. Any of them could easily take him if they wanted to. Why don’t they? Interesting that only the coaches that have shown a willingness to take a fringe character type are pursuing him (Auburn, A&M, and Tennessee).

We saw the cesspool culture Jimbo left at FSU, Malzahn does nothing at auburn year after year and has been on the hot seat as long as I can remember. Not even UF is pursuing him. Pretty telling

it’s a domestic issue with his child’s mom. Police are called on him numerous times. Not much of a place in today’s cfb landscape for a risk on that.
This is what I base borderline takes on. Did Tennessee drop him or did he simply decommit? Why was he committed there in the first place and why haven't more top programs been after him, especially considering how talented he is. These types of kids rarely pan out so I'm wondering if the Alabama's of the world are scared off because of past transgressions or are there legitimate character concerns moving forward?

Clemson may not have 5-star LBs, but Bama sure as **** does. Let's not overcomplicate College Football in general:

Sign really good athletes who excel at football, put them in schemes that accentuate their abilities, develop them mentally physically and fundamentally. Thats what wins games in CFB. LB may not be a glamour position anymore, but give me the 3-down freak athlete over the BJ Jennings/McCloud who knows every single play and scheme known to man, but are too slow and stiff and are never in position to make a tackle*

*Other than whatever rumors have been posted on here, I'm not familiar with Lewis' off the field issues. If they're really bad, move on. But given we're openly communicating with him, the staff must be OK with it

Character of a player is a must no doubt. But that’s where u go to the leaders of the team and the elite players in this class. The elite players in this class have all voutched for T2. As it’s been stated his closest relationship is with JW including his own teammates.
In the end Manny is paid to win football games. You get paid to handle difficult players. He gets this kid and it obviously helps with that.
THIS. I seem to remember alot of posters on here swearing that Gerald Willis wouldnt make it past a season here because he was a hot head too. Buddy ended up having the best season for a DT at UM since Warren Sapp.

So lets calm down with the "He's a hot head and has character issues" talk. We have had players like this before and we surrounded them with the right culture of players and they were just fine. Sure some fall through the cracks. (Its important to mention that Eddie Johnson and Jeff Thomas were from OOS and didnt have the support around them like T2 will)....T2 will know many people on the team and they can rally around him and keep him focused.

Who here thinks some hillybilly kids at Aub or TAMU will know how to handle his "personality" better than Romello Brinson, James Williams, Khalil Brantly, Kam Kitchens and the rest of this class? Seriously? What are we really arguing about people. Its absurd at best to say this kid is too much of a character concern for this team.

Advertisement
James Williams will play safety
Maybe year 1. I'm curious after that. Not saying he switches because I know he will. I'm just curious long term if that's even possible. I doubt it myself just cause he's got so much room to grow it'd be hard to fathom physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back