TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same reason why that kid was committed to Tennessee at one point.

Bags.
Obviously. Go get your bag from Auburn, Gaytors, Georgia, or LSU then. Texas A&M legit makes no sense from a culture standpoint just like Nebraska didn’t last year.

Advertisement
Obviously. Go get your bag from Auburn, Gaytors, Georgia, or LSU then. Texas A&M legit makes no sense from a culture standpoint just like Nebraska didn’t last year.
Well, recruiting is obviously, you know it, two sides: player and university.

It is kinda interesting that teams like Alabama, Ohio State, etc. arent chasing him that hard. I mean, you watch the tape, dude is an A++ prospect. You dont hear them being in a race for a five-star linebacker out of South Florida.

His recruitment is, I think RVA said it, odd.

Advertisement
Definitely taking the under myself. Last I spoke to him was couple months back. But I know he's interested. The reason I don't think it happens is I just think he's got too strong of a personality. I think the coaches and the kids would be intimidated by his intensity... Sad that would keep us from a kid this talented. But that's just my take. Simply an opinion.
#gulp where has our program gone if that’s the case!!!

I don't know Lewis personally so I won't comment on his situation. However, in general, I support the coaches being strict on character. It's one thing to be a team-first guy with an edge, like Michael Irvin. It's another thing to be a negative presence.

We loved guys like Eddie Johnson and Jeff Thomas as fans, but there's a reason those two aren't playing football for a living. And it's not talent. Clemson didn't build a culture by stamping posters on the wall. They recruited specific types of players and turned down guys who didn't fit.

I'd be curious to hear what the Chaminade coaches thought of Lewis. He was there for a second before landing at Central. Troutman has had outbursts on the football field, but he gets strong endorsements from people around the Edgewater program. What do Lewis's coaches think of him? I don't know the answer, but I hope our coaches have asked that question.

Honestly, I appreciate all he brings to the board but man some of @dsddcane posts really hit a nerve for me, especially with how incompetent we are as a university and a football staff. By this point, you just think it's too much to overcome and all we'll have left is YouTube highlights from eons ago.
It seems that way man which sucks. I lean sometimes that's it's over and go back n forth with it. I think it is but I'm no fortune teller....but if u had to bet the house it's probably too much to overcome cause the powers that be.

Advertisement
#gulp where has our program gone if that’s the case!!!
"Too strong of personality" is how you to defend a guy for being an *******. I say that without knowing Lewis. Is Silvera too strong of a personality? Is Frierson? Maybe just maybe the kid is a bit of a ****. Idk

I don't know Lewis personally so I won't comment on his situation. However, in general, I support the coaches being strict on character. It's one thing to be a team-first guy with an edge, like Michael Irvin. It's another thing to be a negative presence.

We loved guys like Eddie Johnson and Jeff Thomas as fans, but there's a reason those two aren't playing football for a living. And it's not talent. Clemson didn't build a culture by stamping posters on the wall. They recruited specific types of players and turned down guys who didn't fit.

I'd be curious to hear what the Chaminade coaches thought of Lewis. He was there for a second before landing at Central. Troutman has had outbursts on the football field, but he gets strong endorsements from people around the Edgewater program. What do Lewis's coaches think of him? I don't know the answer, but I hope our coaches have asked that question.
I just think Miami continues to find reasons not to take talented players. You keep recruiting nice guys with no edge and you won't be around long enough to change the culture. Also, Manny needs to understand that sometimes it's not the players who need to change their mental but the guy at the top on down.

Lewis should be a priority. He is the type of talent you need at a lacking position.

I just think Miami continues to find reasons not to take talented players. You keep recruiting nice guys with no edge and you won't be around long enough to change the culture. Also, Manny needs to understand that sometimes it's not the players who need to change their mental but the guy at the top on down.

Lewis should be a priority. He is the type of talent you need at a lacking position.

Troutman and Johnson have plenty of intensity. Maybe their situations are different than T2’s.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Here is what Chaminade thought of him:

“Championship culture is the foundation of our success,” Chaminade-Madonna’s official account tweeted out on Friday. “Recognize it's not a tailored fit for all. There is no forced fit, it either fits or it doesn't. When it doesn't the culture takes precedent over anyone or anything! Wish you well! the #1 LB in the COUNTRY! #CultureVultures”

I said i lean so maybe I have some hope.....life of a fan I guess. U love who u love
I have never seen a more self-loathing fan of a program in my lifetime. You take every piece of fake inside information (99.9% of information here) as gospel and have nothing even halfway decent to say about the players we do have committed because they are probably aren't good enough in your non-expert opinion. Dude, go root for Alabama.

Character of a player is a must no doubt. But that’s where u go to the leaders of the team and the elite players in this class. The elite players in this class have all voutched for T2. As it’s been stated his closest relationship is with JW including his own teammates.
In the end Manny is paid to win football games. You get paid to handle difficult players. He gets this kid and it obviously helps with that.

Miami's downfall aint got **** to do with lack of edge. Incompetence, rigidity and we're pro style bro all take precedent over not taking "talented players who are too edgy". I'd take a fixed interior of the OL over a linebacker who has all the earmarks of not living up to his ranking if history with these type of recruitments are any indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back