Terrence Lewis decommits

Is it medically possible to play with a torn ACL? Look at King's tear as an example. You knew it was awful right when it happened. The idea that he had a torn ACL and played on it seems rather implausible.
Logan Mankins (New England OL) started 16 games, was all-Pro & played in the Super Bowl on a torn ACL & MCL

Advertisement
Was probably a partial tear and those almost always require surgery eventually. Ryan Tannehill once tried to rehab without surgery and it didn't end well.

As for the speed component ACL doesn't impact straight-line speed rather it's lateral cuts that suffer. This is why WRs have better recovery outcomes than RBs. Yes this is a reminder to fade Saquon in your fantasy drafts.

If he did actually play most of last season with a partially torn ACL, that might (at least partially) explain why his senior film wasn't all that impressive.

Advertisement
Is it medically possible to play with a torn ACL? Look at King's tear as an example. You knew it was awful right when it happened. The idea that he had a torn ACL and played on it seems rather implausible.
if you watch the video king made he said he went in the back and got on the bike thinking he would go back out there at first

Logan Mankins (New England OL) started 16 games, was all-Pro & played in the Super Bowl on a torn ACL & MCL
The instability in the knee from the torn ACL can offset that with a brace, similar to what many olinemen wear anyway, but a speed position could not play on a complete tear.

If Lewis’s was torn last year, it was probably a partial tear but still stable. I had the same tear in HS and played with a brace, although it did occasionally give out on me. I had a teacher in HS with a complete tear, a very unpopular bitter chem teacher, and every once in a while she would collapse in class when the knee gave out. Funniest **** I ever saw lol

sexy the walking dead GIF

He couldn’t have gone to play for a bigger corch
Bigger than Mandy?

Take it in Diaz will win just enough to stick around and keep us mediocre or worse without ever winning anything truly significant, and is good for at least 2 embarrassing losses a year...

Oh yeah, as a supposed LB coach, he sucks and every decent LB he has had here has regressed, so maybe the woman beater could have gone to play for a bigger corch in daddy's little HC in training...

Unlike many of you, I am very pleased this trash decided to take his talents, torn ACL, woman beating, and immaturity to Maryland instead of Coral Gables...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I had a torn ACL in both knees from 9th grade (2003) until 2013. I've played all throughout HS, college joined the Army and completed 1 tour of duty.

ACL just makes it harder to plant and cut to the inside. If you do, with too much force, you knee quickly dislocates. You'll be up and running again in about a week or 2.

yes. its also possible to play without an ACL.

you would be surprised how many players had severe injuries. julio jones had a top level game against the bucs on a broken foot. earl thomas, kam chancellor and richard sherman all played with torn ligaments in either knee, elbow or shoulder. donta hightower played with a torn labrum and made the touchdown saving tackle on lynch before the butler INT. someone mentioned logan mankins already. t.o. played on a broken leg with the metal plates still in.

football players are wired differently.

@juschill @Hogan Nuts, man. I could see that if you injure yourself seriously, with adrenaline or heat of the moment, you shrug it off and keep playing. But once that joint gets cold and you wake up the next morning, that's when you know. The idea he played parts of the season with a torn acl and didn't get medical attention seems nutty, but we know the local inner city schools have limited resources and who knows whether he had medical insurance to have a doc look at it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All
Of
This.

Why is this dude still being talked about?! Fck him & his college choice. He’s repping a UM I don’t fck w.

Only things I fck w/ from Maryland is Old Bay Seasoning, The Wire, and my nig @jw410. That’s it.
Jw my dude....once rivals we are family now lol. And my boy chise got no fuqin fuqs given. I was waiting for that post from him lol it was only a matter of time. 😂

Advertisement
Back