Ten Years of CanesInSight

D: you guys have done a great job. You should be proud of what you've built. Already surpassed the old CT - by far!

Well done and well worth the $50 premium monthly subscription I pay this site for unmatched content.
The exact details are escaping me (it’s been 10 years ffs) but didn’t you getting banned kinda spark this thing a bit? Or something like that?

Advertisement
I started perusing this board in high school, but didn’t make an account until my freshman year of college.

This community is like none other. Even though we disagree about certain aspects of the program, we are all Canes. I love this place. Couldn’t imagine rooting for another team or being on a different message board.

Born and raised in the original 305 and been away for many years. It was always a struggle to get news and insight about our Canes. I lurked on here from the beginning due to time constraints. Been an active participant for almost 4 years now and have enjoyed most every minute.

I’m sincerely grateful to @Andrew, @DMoney, and @LuCane for providing us with this place. Here’s to many more years to come - whether our Canes suck or not.

Advertisement
The exact details are escaping me (it’s been 10 years ffs) but didn’t you getting banned kinda spark this thing a bit? Or something like that?

Yeah, it was more the spark. I think D and Lu had already been talking about doing it but my banning and Moni's overall totalitarian approach to our board were the catalysts IIRc. Whatever...started from the bottom and now we here!!

Congrats CIS!

Jumping College Sports GIF by Miami Hurricanes
200.gif
u hands university of miami GIF by Miami Hurricanes
University Of Miami Sebastian GIF by Miami Hurricanes
College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Congrats, @Andrew, @DMoney and @LuCane for 10 years of excellence! Also a big shout out to all of the staff that work hard to make CiS the best.

Been here for almost all of it. In 2011 I had been a member of another Canes site that had posters like CVette, El Padrino, and of course the legendary bear whisperer known as DBC. I remember someone posting on there about CiS, and once I checked this site out, I was hooked.

New Years Yes GIF by Hunchback Music

Advertisement
I always find the mob psychology aspect of message boards fascinating.

I don’t mean that in a negative way either.

So shoutout to the founders, @DMoney @Andrew @LuCane , and others, and to the mods, that don’t let this place devolve into chaos, but a place where contrarian opinions can be expressed.

Not being allowed to turn into an echo chamber, but entertaining/allowing a variety of opinions, even unpopular ones, makes it tick.

Was Peter not one of the original founders of the website?

I guess I heard wrong

Advertisement
Best Message Board and Canes site in the game
This and to me, the best part is the Gameday Discussion forum, as the game is going on. AWESOME!!! If you guys ain't ever been in on an in game discussion on this site, with other Cane fans, then you're really missing out.

This and to me, the best part is the Gameday Discussion forum, as the game is going on. AWESOME!!! If you guys ain't ever been in on an in game discussion on this site, with other Cane fans, then you're really missing out.

That’s one thing I never do with a couple of very rare exceptions. I might post but I don’t read. It is literally insane. It’s like a message board version of bipolar disease in the manic phase.

Advertisement
That’s one thing I never do with a couple of very rare exceptions. I might post but I don’t read. It is literally insane. It’s like a message board version of bipolar disease in the manic phase.
**** Yes! That's what I like about it. It is pure emotion. No thoughts, just pure emotion.

Advertisement
Back