Tell me what you see? 2015 Defense

The DT position is as healthy as it's been in a while. Nice mix of stout guys like Heurtelou and Jenkins and athletic guys like Moten and Kamalu.

But if we stay in this system, I have serious concerns at DE. Chad and Kamalu have the length and size in theory but they aren't those kind of players. Both guys are athletic as **** but lack strength and technique at the POA. And even though Moten played 3-4 DE in high school, I think his highest upside is as a three-technique disruptor. Very quick off the snap.

Advertisement
Speaking of DTs, what on earth happened to Corey king and earl Moore?

Last edited:
Butch Davis is gonna have those boys playin "Like a bunch a crazed dawgs!"

[video=youtube;0wiQ18jDWqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiQ18jDWqo[/video]

Advertisement
If NCAA football on xbox was still being made, I genuinely believe I could take next years team to the national championship in career mode. I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous considering it is a video game, but I'm just trying to make a point that even my ******* dog could win with the talent we have now. Seeing our Head Corch and Defensive Coordinatror trying to fit a square peg into the roundest hole of all time makes me physically ill.

Armbrister will be back next season as long as he doesn't bolt off to the nfl. He's actually a redshirt junior. He only played on practice squad as a freshman.

For some reason he's listed as Senior but it's a mistake.

Speaking of DTs, what on earth happened to Corey king and earl Moore?

Those mofos gonna transfer. Along with Hamilton after the season.

I don't mean it in a bad way. But the writing is on the wall for those three.

I also don't see DMauri Jones surviving. Won't ever get legit snaps here if a real coach was here.

would be a top 10 defense under Stoops. Narduzzi or Quinn would probably have us #1 overall. Swarming to the ball committing savagery snap after snap.

Advertisement
We have enough talent on defense next year to be top 25 with a real coach.

Our players are handcuffed, unsure, slow-reacting, second-guessing, robots out there.

They need a real coach who actually has balls and isn't afraid to give up the big play every once in a while in exchange for aggressive play.

Also. I've been saying it for the longest time. A legit DC. Would have us whistling our asses away to at worst a top 30 D. We are supposed to play an attacking 4-3. We would kill it. Our guys would thrive and it would allow Deon, Jamal, Tracy, Artie and Corn to play to their full potential.

Instead were playing this garbage *** bend don't break conservative 3-4 these asshats run and ruining these guys. We have enough talent right now to be a 10 or 11 win team. It's sad. Underperformance to the max.

If we get a legit HC. Cough, Butch Davis. We would walk right into the ACC Championship next year.

These ******* idiots are literally costing our players money by using them improperly.

I honestly believe playing for these ******, ***** *** coaches is costing our players 1-2 rounds in draft stock.

What kind of coach makes players less confident in their abilities? The best players in all levels of the game are the ones that have even more confidence than they should. This is the kind of **** that really ****es me off. Golden is not a dumb person, why can't he see this is not working here? I would love to hear him answer that question honestly.

Advertisement
Kamalu is the only guy I like among the defensive tackles. He's got enough movement and tenacity, a good frame, and should be able to add 5-10 pounds without sacrificing anything. The problem is alongside him. Heurtelou is too limited athletically. A guy like that can look admirably tough early in the season but then the problems are glaring later. Jenkins has played less but I see some of the same issues. I'm willing to accept that he might be more than we've seen so far. Moten was highly regarded. I'm not going to comment on someone who basically hasn't played.

Cliches are based on truth. When the theme is that we've been awful at recruiting defensive tackle for several consecutive seasons, you can't set that aside and pretend everything is dandy. That position is regulating the defense.

I love the talent on the edge and especially Chad Thomas. I think he's the real deal and that McCord and AQM are a significant notch below that.

The defensive backs are too soft. Watch the rocket toss play for Georgia Tech's third touchdown. Two defensive backs were knocked on their ***. They weren't 10 yards deep. They were right there and knocked backward into the end zone onto their ***. Deon Bush suffered the same fate on a different goal line play. IMO, Dallas Crawford has been the most disappointing player on the team, based on the promise coming out of spring. I don't trust South Florida defensive backs in general based on the comically soft high school football I witness.

Granted, a defensive coordinator can make more difference in a year than any other hire. Soft one season can be ferocious the next. I've seen example after example. As a USC alum I read and sometimes post on their boards. There is quite a bit of frustration this season that Clancy Pendergast was dumped after one season in favor of Justin Wilcox. Obviously Sarkisian wanted to bring in his own guy.

It's a long process to get to 4 yards per play and stay there. Keep in mind that even if a new guy takes over and the defense looks phenomenal early, it's likely smoke and mirrors. Stay away from garbage like, "we're top 5," and "we'll dominate Florida State." That's happy adjuster stupidity.

Surely you can't be serious when you call SFla DBS soft.

A guy like Carter would be decapitating people in a different system.

Advertisement
Awsi has showed his *** as of late; trashing Jimmy Johnson, waxing poetic on OU, and now busting a nut to the Buckeyes? What kind of piece of **** "Cane fan" talks like this? Ban this troll.

Advertisement
Back