Tell me what you see? 2015 Defense

Advertisement
And hope fully the secondary improves also we have overated them big time they play man theyget toasted they play zone they get toasted...

I see the same thing I see this year, a defense that could be top 20 and wreak havoc against everybody. Could you imagine what a guy like McCord would do under Pruitt, Kirby Smart, or Narduzzi? The kind of creativity that would be used in him rushing the QB would be epic. Same with Jamal Carter, he would be taking fools heads off and racking up those targeting penalties. We got the horses, that's what makes Golden so ******* frustrating.

I see we need more depth and are linebackers need a serious serious upgrade!!!

Yeah man. It'll be real easy to upgrade from Perryman, Armbrister, and Grace/Owens.

And the secondary you're spot on again! It's almost like they're poorly developed and poorly coached or something like that.

Dolt.

Advertisement
I am actually kinda expecting to see a defense that looks a lot more like it did against Duke going forward. Why? I think these goofy coaches realized it was better that way but psyched themselves out SO MUCH about defending against the GT gimmick offense that they reverted back.
Having seen again just how awful it was, I can see them letting loose like they did against Duke going forward. I know that may seem like I'm being WAY too positive but I think it makes a lot of sense.

Thoughts?

I am actually kinda expecting to see a defense that looks a lot more like it did against Duke going forward. Why? I think these goofy coaches realized it was better that way but psyched themselves out SO MUCH about defending against the GT gimmick offense that they reverted back.
Having seen again just how awful it was, I can see them letting loose like they did against Duke going forward. I know that may seem like I'm being WAY too positive but I think it makes a lot of sense.

Thoughts?

You're giving these coaches too much credit

Advertisement

Thoughts?

I like your optimism, but this is purely wishful thinking.

We have year upon year of data that show they are too stubborn to change. While utterly inconceivable, these two idiots are enamored with their passive bend then break Al Groh defense.

I wish we had a physical enforcer defensive back like that Cash kid at Duke, the transfer from Ohio State. That guy plays like a Buckeye defensive back, the same type they had in 2002. Miami hasn't had anybody like that in years. Bush was supposed to be that guy but he's a fraud. He can't move, can't tackle in space, and nowadays he can't hold his ground.

Virginia Tech always has defensive backs like that. Cody Grimm wasn't especially talented but he gave us fits, then played in the NFL for at least a few years. Last season Kyle Fuller was considered the best run stopper in years from the cornerback position. He's already starring for the Bears. Now his younger brother is at Virginia Tech. Not as effective so far, and he does take risks, but last week he returned an interception for a touchdown.

Our guys are not always as good as the ones we face. That's all I'm saying. We get to know the names as recruits and are thrilled to sign them, and assume they are special. They aren't always special. Defensive tackle has been weak and I've been disappointed with virtually every recent defensive back. For all the guys who exceed expectation as pros, there are occasional examples like Brandon Harris who have been somewhat disappointing. I wish we would recruit some rugged defensive backs from the midwest.

I'd say Jamal Carter could be the "enforcer" you're talking about.

I was thinking the same thing but then I stop and think....why did they change things for Duke? Dont get me wrong...I still want a new DC at least...but I just think we should watch for something like this to possibly happen.

Advertisement
I wish we had a physical enforcer defensive back like that Cash kid at Duke, the transfer from Ohio State. That guy plays like a Buckeye defensive back, the same type they had in 2002. Miami hasn't had anybody like that in years. Bush was supposed to be that guy but he's a fraud. He can't move, can't tackle in space, and nowadays he can't hold his ground.

Virginia Tech always has defensive backs like that. Cody Grimm wasn't especially talented but he gave us fits, then played in the NFL for at least a few years. Last season Kyle Fuller was considered the best run stopper in years from the cornerback position. He's already starring for the Bears. Now his younger brother is at Virginia Tech. Not as effective so far, and he does take risks, but last week he returned an interception for a touchdown.

Our guys are not always as good as the ones we face. That's all I'm saying. We get to know the names as recruits and are thrilled to sign them, and assume they are special. They aren't always special. Defensive tackle has been weak and I've been disappointed with virtually every recent defensive back. For all the guys who exceed expectation as pros, there are occasional examples like Brandon Harris who have been somewhat disappointing. I wish we would recruit some rugged defensive backs from the midwest.

I'd say Jamal Carter could be the "enforcer" you're talking about.

I think this is a perfect example of a kid getting nudged down because of "the system". Why else would a kid like Fentress be getting so many reps against GT instead of him?

Advertisement
I watched MSU play that unstoppable Nebraska team that crushed us. Seemed to me that we have better players at about every single position. Yet the cornduster rb went from Heisamn performance to high school kid against men performance. Give us that DC and this defense would make other team ****ed on themselves. We have the players, we need coaching. Oh, Kaaya and the offense with real coach would be scary good too. As Howard said, all Miami ever needed was better coach. Still true today.

Thoughts?
I doubt it only because they could have adjusted at the half and didn't. I don't think they can help themselves. They just have a passive mentality and as soon as they get burned they will always revert right back to playing a prevent style of defense where they hope the other team makes a mistake.

Armbrister will be back next season as long as he doesn't bolt off to the nfl. He's actually a redshirt junior. He only played on practice squad as a freshman.

For some reason he's listed as Senior but it's a mistake.

Can someone actually clear this up? I've heard it both ways and never know the answer.

Advertisement
Back