Tee Martin Obviously Wanted To Be Here

Tee really adds some gravitas to an offensive staff that is, on paper, uncertain. National recruiting prowess. Offensive coordinator at a big time school in a big time conference. He has the highest ceiling out there. Can learn under Enos and take over. He establishes his rep as an elite recruiter even more nationally and it makes him more desirable to other places or a far raise here if he succeeds. It’s a win win

Advertisement
Tee really adds some gravitas to an offensive staff that is, on paper, uncertain. National recruiting prowess. Offensive coordinator at a big time school in a big time conference. He has the highest ceiling out there. Can learn under Enos and take over. He establishes his rep as an elite recruiter even more nationally and it makes him more desirable to other places or a far raise here if he succeeds. It’s a win win
I don’t disagree but every hire on offense has been people we never heard of. I like the Enos hire. But I would expect that trend to continue.

Like jimmy said years ago it’s a recipe for disaster having a coach on your staff that wanted/interviewed for the job you got.

As the HC, which I believe is the context, I agree with this.

Context is everything.

By the way,...even if he was talking coordinators,...logically,....you using Jimmy's quote contradicts your take that he'd be fine with you if he accepts the WR position solely.

That would put him in EVEN MORE of a disastrous spot than if he were given an extra title as a possible stepping stone to a better job he'd be happier with.

I think it's really as simple as you not liking to "look" at it in bios.

I don’t disagree but every hire on offense has been people we never heard of. I like the Enos hire. But I would expect that trend to continue.

I can see them going the Rumph route and offering it to a former player. Beard, Lamar Thomas, etc.

As the HC, which I believe is the context, I agree with this.

Context is everything.

By the way,...even if he was talking coordinators,...logically,....you using Jimmy's quote contradicts your take that he'd be fine with you if he accepts the WR position solely.

That would put him in EVEN MORE of a disastrous spot than if he were given an extra title as a possible stepping stone to a better job he'd be happier with.

I think it's really as simple as you not liking to "look" at it in bios.
Point taken. I was looking at it as Enos making the hire for his offensive staff. So maybe he shouldn’t hire him as WR coach either.

Advertisement
I don't think Enos came here to be a co-OC, not even on paper.
I would still hire Martin and make him assistant HC or some fancy title like what they do at other big-time programs.

I don't think Enos came here to be a co-OC, not even on paper.
I would still hire Martin and make him assistant HC or some fancy title like what they do at other big-time programs.

Associate Head Coach - Offense / WR / Recruiting Coordinator. We already have a setup with a Associate Head Coach - Defense and a coordinator on the other side of ball.

no co anything. either WR coach or nothing. Enos is the full time coordinator

Enos could leave in a year or 2. Tee Martin should be brought in as a WR/Asst. OC./Recruiting Coordinator

Actually i think this is what happens....no sauce

Advertisement
Manny said he likes having multiple guys who could be coordinators in staff at a time. Tee has shown a lot of promise at times as a playcaller. Enos is probably only here 2-3 years based on his career history...kind of a quirky guy. So bringing in Tee to learn under him and develop as the next OC makes a lot of sense from my perspective, just a matter of if he is willing to do it.

My boy knows him (works for ESPN) and says there haven’t been any convos with miami, and that Tee is likely headed back to UT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back